Chapter 1

Doctor's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two weeks since the day Ji Hong proposed Hye Jeong in the park. For Hye Jeong, by saying “yes” to Ji Hong’s proposal is a big step in her life. She has never imagined before that she would be marry a man one day. A ring in her finger is a sign that she’s ready enough to embrace tomorrow with the love of her life, Hong Ji Hong.  After what she went through for the last months in Gookil Medical Center, by closing Grandma death’s chapter, by learning how to move on, how to forgive, how to cherish her present ife, how to love a man and how to be loved as a woman, she wanted to start a new life. Yes, she wanted a family of her own. She knew there would be some roller-coaster ride and obstacle in her life, but she believed she could pass through it with Ji Hong by her side.

In the hospital hall, Kyung Joon reported Hye Jeong about a new patient by phone.

“Dr. Yoo, a man in his 20’s just fell from stair. His guardian says he’s been concious for a hour”

“Okay, I’ll be there”. Hye Jeong hung up the phone.

 She walked fast, making sure she could reach ER quickly. She opened the ER door and saw Kyung Joon’s already inside with the patient.

“Have you taken the CT scan?”, asked Hye Jeong while checking the patient. She checked his reflex.

“Yes, Dr. Yoo. We just need to wait the CT result”

“Thank you Kang Soo-ya!”

She took a break in her fellow room . Today seemed hectic for Hye Jeong, she had two surgeries in row and she had to do rounds for patients.  She took a deep sigh. It’s already night.

 

Two weeks ago..

A black maserati car slowly approached Hye Jeong and Soon Hee’s house. Ji Hong couldn’t hide his happiness, he smiled all the time during the way he drove to send Hye Jeong back. Hye Jeong couldn’t hide her happiness either. She thought today was the most unforgettable day in her life. They kept stare each other in the car with literally smile ear to ear with the sweetest honey dripped for their eyes.

 “Thank you, teacher”, Hye Jeong opened her seat bealt with an eye full of love toward Ji Hong. Ji Hong shook his head.

When Hye Jeong tried to open the car door, Ji Hong grab her hand all of a sudden.

“Yaa!! Just like that?”, Ji Hong with his big eye full of disappointment.

“What?”. Hye Jeong looked at Ji Hong curious.

“Ani... today we have made up our mind that we will get married. I’m your soon-to-be husband. At least, we must do what other couple do, right?”

“What do you mean, Teacher?”. Hye Jeong paused a moment and realized, “Aaaa....”

She smiled and leaned in to Ji Hong, she kissed his cheek.

Ji Hong startled by the sudden action and blushed. He smiled.

“See you tomorrow”. Hye Jeong quickly got out from the car and ran to the house, left Ji Hong in awe.

Hye Jeong opened the door and put her shoes aside while looked around and found Soon Hee in the kitchen. She slowly walked to Soon Hee and hugged her from behind.

“Soon Hee-yaa!”

“O..Hye Jeong-ah, you’re home?”

Soon Hee tried to break free from Hye Jeong’s arm. She finally saw what she never expected to see before. A ring. Yes, a ring on Hye Jeong’s finger.

“What the heck Yoo Hye Jeong? What is this? Is this a ring? From Hong-ssaem?”

Soon Hee turned back to face Hye Jeong.

She nodded, “Yes. Don’t tease me!”

 “Yaa!! what should I do? I’m so happy for you. Finally you’ve chosen the flowery path with Hong-ssaem, Hye Jeong-ah. I trust him, he can make you happy”. Hye Jeong smiled and shrugged her shoulder.

Soon Hee took a deep sigh and then cupped Hye Jeong’s face. She was so happy for her best friend. She knew completely what Hye Jeong’s been through since they graduated from high school. She never asked so much, she only wish for Hye Jeong’s happiness because she loved her, like her own sister and she was her best best friend forever.

“What are you cooking right now? I’m hungry”, Hye Jeong took a peek to the cooking pan.

In the room, she kept caress her ring. A smile appeared from her face. She threw herself on the bed and pulled the blanket. She couldn’t sleep that night. She kept remembering that moment. The moment when Ji Hong proposed her.

 

In the morning, Ji Hong and Kyung Joon discussed about patient’s discharge and follow up in front of nurse desk. Hye Jeong greeted and then joined them.

“Have you checked Mrs.Jang? We need to do CT scan again for her”, Ji Hong asked Kyung Joon to do so.

“Yes, Prof-nim. I will do it asap”. Ji Hong patted Kyung Joon’s shoulder and gave a sign to Hye Jeong to follow him.

In the hospital park, the place where they could do lovey dovey without people’s n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter