#101 Dumb Ways To Get Their Hearts: ChaeKyul

#101 Dumb Ways To Get Their Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breathing in and out to relief her nervousness, Kyulkyung fidget with the strap of her handbag and stared at her roommate and her girlfriend who illegally entered their campus. 

"Where is she?" Seulgi looked around, trying to catch a glimp of the younger's crush with Joohyun clinging onto her arm. 

The youngest of the three sighed heavily and glared at Seulgi, "Why are you guys even here? Do you know that bringing Joohyun unnie into our campus is called trespassing?" 

Joohyun shrug, "Its not called trespassing once someone who studys here allows you in, kiddo." 

Seulgi nodded and caressed the older's violet dyed hair in adoration, "Its the only time where Joohyun is allowed to have free day off her work and of course she have to spend it with me!"

Kyulkyung wondered if those two would stop being so cringy to each other one day. But on the other hand, she thought that she might act the same as way as them if she really got Chaeyeon as hers. 

"Where's your girl?" Seulgi questioned, teasingly.

"She's not my girl!" Kyulkyung flushed red.

Joohyun giggled at the adorable sight and ruffled her hair, "you mean not your girl yet?" 

"Yeah don't worry! We will help you out." Seulgi winked while Kyulkyung rolled her eyes. 

Soon, a black BMW drove in the school compound and Kyulkyung immediately straighten her uniform and nudged the other two girls, bobbing her head towards Chaeyeon who was getting off the car with a handsome younger bodyguard opening the door for her. 

"Wow, is she the Prime Minister's daughter or something?" Seulgi blinked, amused by the fact that the girl even have two bodyguards trailing behind her. 

Kyulkyung sighed, "That is why i told you that its very difficult to approach her." 

She then leaned against the tree's trunk and watched Chaeyeon. How the older managed to make the school uniform look so elegant. How the older look so flawless when the wind hits her and her strands of hair flying about the air. 

"Haa...how is she so perfect?" Kyulkyung wondered, eyes not leaving the senior until she was completely out of her vision.

Since she has already saw Chaeyeon, she was about to turn her heels and walk back to class when Joohyun and Seulgi stopped her with a questioning look.

"Aren't you gonna approach her?"

Staring back at the two with horrified expression, Kyulkyung shook her head, "No?" 

"Why!" Joohyun exclaimed.

"Hello? Who in the right mind would approach someone who have two bodyguards behind them for twenty-four seven?" Kyulkyung rolled her eyes.

Seulgi then sudden grabbed her and grinned evily, "Well, you can choose my method! Its normal for you to fall infront of her don't you think so?"

Kyulkyung scoffed and was about to shake off the bear's suggestion when Joohyun intercepted and grabbed her other free arm, pulling her forcefully.

"Seul's right! You've got to take the first step!" 

Before she could even protest, Joohyun and Seulgi made sure that they would accidentally stick their foot out when they push Kyulkyung to the direction to where Chaeyeon was walking to before running away, hiding behind a pillar. 

"Oww!!!" Kyulkyung exclaimed as she fell straight onto the ground with her face almost kissing the ground. 

"Ugh. So much for a fake fall!" Kyulkyung thought and hissed inwardly as she tried helping herself up only to realize that the couple might have took the joke to seriously.

Her ankle hurt like hell when she tried getting up.

"Damn it!" She could feel herself going for another trust-the ground fall when she felt a soft pair of hands grabbing by her hands and arms, preventing her from coming into contact with the ground. 

"Are you alright?" 

Kyulkyung thought she could go bonkers with that velvety and melodic voice of her senior. 

"I-I..." the young girl stammered upon her words as her mind went blank when she stared at Chaeyeon's features. 

She could see how the older's brows where slightly lifted up when she didnt respond. 

"Joo Kyulkyung, you need to wake up!" 

Kyulkyung gulped and brought her right hand up to slap herself, shocking Chaeyeon. 

"I'm...I'm fine!" 

She regretted pulling herself away too hurriedly and ended up aggravating her twisted ankle.

"Ugh!" 

Kyulkyung hissed under her breath whole holding onto her ankle as she fall back down onto the ground. She made a mental note to make today the last date for the couple later. 

"C'mon, lets get you to the nurse." Chaeyeon squat down and met her eyes, which was staring at her worriedly. 

Feeling embarrassed. Kyulkyung was about to reject when she felt the two bodyguards coming up to her and helping her up, one of them with white-blonde hair tried carrying her up in bride-style. 

The injured girl flinched at the contact and her eyes showed a terrified expression for a second, staring at the guy who wore a little hidden smirk.

It was extremely uncomfortable for Kyulkyung, being touched by strangers. 

"Don't touch her, Taeyong." 

Chaeyeon snarled, swatting off the bodyguard's hands and glared at him. 

"Yes, Miss Jung." Taeyong promptly placed his hands behind his back and bowed to Chaeyeon. 

"Let's go, Kyulkyung." Chaeyeon took her hand and helped Kyulkyung up carefully. 

The chinese was beyond shocked. 

She was appalled that technically they were holding hands now. 

But she was even more startled by how the senior knew her name in the first place.

Meanwhile, Seulgi and Joohyun was happily cheering with each other. 

"Yes! Mission success!" Seulgi grinned and pecked the older's cheeks while the latter nodded excitedly but soon, a frown took over.

"But it seemed like Kyul was really injured."

Seulgi shrugged and wrapped her arm around Joohyun .

"I'm sure she wont mind being injured when her crush will be to one tending to her injuries." 

Joohyun chunckled and tapped Seulgi's button-like nose, teasing her, "Experienced huh." 

The younger winked.

"She just learn from the best." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bitting onto her lips, Kyulkyung tried keeping her screams of pain to herself as Nurse Kahi was massaging her ankle. But she was sure Chaeyeon's little soft pats on her shoulder had calm her down alot, making the pain bearable for her. 

"Is she going to be alright?" Chaeyeon questioned once nurse Kahi wrapped the youngest foot up with a bandage and tapped it tightly. 

The elder shrugged, "its a pretty bad sprain unfortunately." 

Kyulkyung pouted at the elder, "When will it be alright? I have a upcoming vollyball competition in a couple weeks time. Will i be able to make it?"

Kahi sighed, "with the looks of it, it looked like it will take a month, at least, to recover." 

The volleyball spiker looked down onto the ground while pouting, dejected by the grave news. It added to her fume to end her roommate's and her girlfriend's lifes. 

"But." Kyulkyung looked up instantly as Kahi continued and underscored, "if you take really good care of it for the next two weeks, and dont fall again,  you probably will be able to participate."

The younger eyes brighten up with sparkling glints, "Really? Alright! I will be very careful when i walk!" 

Kahi chunckled and pat on her head, "remember to change your bandage per week."

Kyulkyung nodded like an obedient puppy and smile before Kahi went to tend the next student with a bleeding knee. 

Being too caught up with her injury and worries for the competition, Kyulkyung completely forgot about Chaeyeon and her two bodyguards who were standing their awkwardly. 

"Ehem.."

Chaeyeon faked a cough which successfully caught the younger's attention. 

Kyulkyung widen her eyes and stood up, limping with one leg.

"Oh gosh! Sorry sunbae, i totally forget you're here." 

Chaeyeon chunckled softly which Kyulkyung thought it was so adorable, "Forget i'm here? Wow."

Thinking that she offended the older girl, Kyulkyung shook her head, "I mean i was too engross with my thoughts! I mean how can one ignore your presence right?" 

The brunette quirked a brow. 

Kyulkyung turned towards the two bodyguards, seeking for help, "right?" 

The brown-haired bodyguard ignored her and she fixed her eyes back to the white-blonde guy. 

Taeyong nodded alittlr with a tug of a smile aimed towards Kyulkyung, "ahh..yeah.." 

"Who said you can open your mouth?" Chaeyeon glared as the innocent boy immediately shut his mouth and darted his eyes nervously. 

"Anyway Chaeyeon sunbae?" Kyulkyung called out with a shy smile and red tinted cheeks, "thanks for helping me out."

Chaeyeon smiled fondly at her, "You're welcome, Kyulkyung." 

"How did you know my name?" Kyulkyung asked curiously. 

The older shrug, "Its not that difficult when you're the ace of our vollyball team?" 

Kyulkyung blinked in confusion. 

"Since when was i the ace?" 

"You arent?" 

"No. It's Nayoung unnie though." 

The senior giggled, "well i guess, you just stood out from the rest of the team." 

Kyulkyung widen her eyes in shock. 

Was her crush praising her?

Did her crush noticed her from the start without her realising?

Most importantly, 

Does Chaeyeon feels the same way she does?

"Hmm can i ask   "

"   OH MYYYY KYUL ARE YOU ALRIGHT? IM SO SORRY!" 

Before Kyulkyung could say anything, Seulgi came barging into the room, crushing her into a hug with Joohyun tagging behind with her short pair of legs.

The younger rolled her eyes and pushed the older away, giving her a death glare.

"Its all your fault." Kyulkyung cried as she complained about the ankle to Seulgi who then scratched her head.

"I didnt know it would result in this! Really. I'm sorry!" Seulgi and Joohyun begged for forgiveness, the foreigner looked away and directed her attention to Chaeyeon instead who was watching them in amusement. 

The brunette bowed, "I'm sorry for my friends. They are weird." 

The couple then turned around and saw their dongsaeng's crush and smiled towards each other knowingly.

"Its alright." Chaeyeon tittered, "I guess i'll leave now, see you around." 

Kyulkyung kept her eyes on the senior until she walked out and disappeared among the crowd of students.

"Your ankle looks horrible?" Joohyun brought back her attention as Seulgi poked the bandaged ankle with her pinky, looking at it with amusement flickered across her eyes.

"Wow, Kyul. Your ankle's very thick." 

Kyulkyung face-palmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looking at her teammates running around the court, training hard for their upcoming competition, Kyulkyung could only sighed heavily with much thoughts flowing into her mind at once. 

She felt bad for being injured in sucha crucial timing. But on the other hand, she was being grateful for her injury since she was able to interact with her senior crush. 

"Ha... ankle, please be well soon." Kyulkyung muttered as she tapped on her knee, looking down at her ankle. 

"It will." Suddenly, Kyulkyung could feel another presence next to her, the bench she was sitting moved slightly. 

To her surprise, she saw Chaeyeon right next to her, aiming her perfect smile towards her. 

"Hey." 

Kyulkyung's mouth was left gasping as her brain was unable to register as to why her goddness was sitting right next to her during her training. 

Its been two weeks since she last saw Chaeyeon. (Not counting the everyday routine of staring at her whenever she could) 

"H-Hey, sunbae." 

Chaeyeon chunckled alittle and looked at her ankle, "How's your ankle? Any improvements?" 

"Oh well." Kyulkyung shrugged, "I hope so."

The older only nodded and stared straight head, looking at the other players training. 

Thats when, Kyulkyung noticed that her bodyguards wasnt with her.

"Where's your two bodyguards?" The younger questioned, scanning through the school hall before staring back at Chaeyeon who wore a gloomy expression.

"You mean Taeyong?" There was a slight bitterness Kyulkyung could detect, and she would hope it was out of jealousy. But then again, why would Chaeyeon even get jealous? 

"I mean, its just weird to not see your being surrounded by bodyguards." 

Chaeyeon giggled, "its just you." 

"Just me?"

"You think i've never noticed all of your gawkings and starings?" 

Kyulkyung froze.

Her cheeks were flushed in deep red hue colour, it looked like as if her cheeks were going to burst any time sooner.

Wasnt expecting Chaeyeon to be so straightforward, she just stared back at the older in shock.

"So may i know why are you always looking at me?" Chaeyeon questioned. (Although it seems like she already knew the answer from the way her teasing tone were too apparent) 

"Urmm." Kyukyung gulped, not knowing how to reply the older girl. 

Should she be blunt? What should she do?

"-oh wow. Thanks." 

She snapped back into reality and saw Chaeyeon grinning brightly. 

"W-What?" 

"I think you may have just used a pickup line on me? Something like--

Jung Chaeyeon! You are as beautiful as the sunset as everyone praises when they witness it!"

That dèja-vu.

"Oh my kyul! You just used my pick up line!"

The scene of Seulgi teasing her was already playing in her head. 

"I-I..." 

Upon the younger's stammerings, Chaeyeon was even more amused than before. 

"C-Can i have your number?" Those words just came spouting out from Kyulkyung's mouth before she realized it.

Oh boy. 

 

 

 

With their whole body rolling around the ground, Joohyun and Seulgi could only gasp for more air as they listened to Kyulkyung's recount.

"Oh look! I told you that my pick up lines would come in handy!" Seulgi laughed. 

Kyulkyung threw a pillow at her and huffed, "That was so awkward! I didnt even know why i said that out!"

Joohyun giglgled, "must be because you kept hearing Seul saying that to me everyday and your brain must have remembered it."

The couple high-fived each other before staring at Kyulkyung with a teasing smile who has been staring down at her phone for the longest time they could remember.

"Just send her simple text, Kyul. Dont dwell on it too much." Joohyun advised.

"Need help?" Seulgi giggled before peeking over her shoulder to see what was Chaeyeon's contact name saved as.

"PikaChae? Whats that?" Seulgi blinked in confusion. 

Joohyun shrugged and looked at Kyulkyung, "Pikachu? Does she resemble one?" 

To which the younger nodded promptly with a huge grin, "Yeah and i'm squirtle kyul!"

"Well, i do admit you do remind me alittle of squirtle." Joohyun then nudged Seulgi who looked oblivous as usual, "right, Seul?"

Seulgi stared at them, "Who's Pikachu and Squirtle." 

As expected.

The other two wasn't even surprise.

"Aww you're so adorable, Seul." Joohyun pinched the latter's chubby cheeks in adoration, while Seulgi grinned like a love-strucked fool.

The foreigner turned away from their lovely dovey acts and stared at the empty chat box before bitting onto her lower lips and typed in her first sentence.

To: PikaChae

Hello! I'm Kyulkyung. Umm.. so yeah this is my number? 

"Is this okay?" 

Scooting over, the three of them gathered together in a huddle as they looked at the youngest's message. 

"Let me add something." Kyulkyung aimed a i-don't-trust-you-look at Seulgi who then rolled her eyes, "Trust me."

Seulgi then hid behind Joohyun then quickly tapped on the screen, not letting Kyulkyung sneak a peek.

"Oh my gosh! Unnie! Did you really just sent it?!"

She should have knew better not to let Seulgi touch her phone or even typed anything.

To: PikaChae

Hello gorgeous! I'm Kyulkyung. So this is my precious number, but sure to save it as squirtlekyul okay? Cause i saved yours as PikaChae. Why? Because you're as cute as a pikachu. And...do you have some time to spare for me tomorrow after school? 

"Oh my Seulgi!" Joohyun burst out in fits of laughter as Kyulkyung was about to pounce onto her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter