Shame

The Lucky One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light rays gleamed through the window curtains disturbing you from your sweet slumber.  You crinkled your nose and raised your hand over your eyes in an attempt to salvage whatever moments of sleep remained attainable.  When your black orbs finally surrendered to the light, they opened to reveal an unfamiliar ceiling, and subsequentially widened in absolute disbelief.  But slowly the events from last night flashed back into your mind and your expression changed to one of half sadness and half contentment.  You thought that perhaps with this you would finally get some closure to your years of unconditional love. 

Your eyes lingered on Sehun, who was still sleeping peacefully beside you.  Unconsciously, your fingers extended, tracing over his beautifully arched eyebrows. 

What you would do to stay like this for eternity…  But you remind yourself that you must wake up now for this happiness belonged to someone else. 

Making sure not to awaken Sehun, you consciously got off the bed and tiptoed to collect your clothes.  Your cheeks blushed bright red when you noticed that the dress you had worn last night had turned into an unrecognizable heap of ripped fabric.  Mumbling a quick apology to the sleeping Sehun, you scurried over to the closet and grabbed the first shirt you got your hands on.     

Sehun’s light button down shirt appeared as though it was swallowing up your tiny figure but you were thankful it was long enough to cover just above your knee. With that, you darted downstairs to leave the crime scene. 

Maybe it was because of the strong scent of Sehun’s shirt that travelled up your nose but you were beginning to feel a bit intoxicated. Your fingers laced around the doorknob, but instead of turning it, you halted in place. 

The moment you step foot out of this house it’s all over.  Everything.    

And for that foolish reason, you thought of an excuse to prolong your stay – just for a brief moment – you thought.  As if your legs had a mind of their own, you were guided to the kitchen.  Maybe you could cook him a small breakfast and then leave before he woke up.  You never had that chance to do that for someone in the twenty-two years you were alive because your infatuation with Sehun forced you to reject any male organism that came even a foot within your proximity.  You just wanted to feel that feeling of being in love for just a few more minutes.

Your legs skipped over to the refrigerator.  Some eggs, sausages, and bread were gathered into a basket and placed on the kitchen counter in preparation for your culinary assignment. The smell of breakfast lifted your spirits and you hummed a little as you flipped the egg on the frying pan.  You were so into your duties of making a perfect sunny-side up egg, you failed to notice footsteps coming down the stairs.

Suddenly, arms wrapped around your waist, from behind, followed by a soft kiss on top of your head.  Your body stiffened. 

“What’s this?  My Minyoungie is actually cooking?  You must really want to get married soon,” Sehun’s voice teased.

You flinched and slowly turned around to look at him.  Your expression completely betrayed your guilt.  You feel your heart sink when Sehun stumbled back in shock.  His eyes roam your figure up and down, his hands cupping his mouth in horror, and his whole body leaned onto the nearby kitchen counter for support.

“________?!  Why is it –,” he finally spoke.

“Wait, let me explain,” you tried to calm both Sehun and yourself down.

His expression crumpled up as if saying, “What have we done?”

Unexpectedly, his phone rings.  He scrambled to take it out of his pocket only to pause the moment he saw the caller.  From the screen, you read “My Minyoungie <3”.

The two of you exchanged looks of despair.    

“Hello?” Sehun finally picked up but the distraught on his face became so visible.  You die a little inside hearing his voice tremble.  He responded with simple, “Mhmms” and “Yeah”, in attempts to hide his anxiety.

Once Minyoung hung up, Sehun began to panic.  Without warning, he grabbed your arm and began shoving you upstairs.  You almost tripped from the brute force he exerted on you.  At first, he pushed you into the bathroom but murmured, “No. No.”  You looked at him with a worried expression.  But he was too preoccupied and does not take notice. 

He dragged you back into his bedroom and you ended up getting shoved into the closet.  You opened your lips to ask what was happening, but he closes the closet door in your face.  You gaped in shock.  Pain spread up your elbow from coming into contact with the slam of the closet door.  But moments later, the door opened up again and dirty bed sheets and the remaining disheveled clothes were thrown into the closet to accompany you.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter