“Yes”

The Lucky One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 28 weeks, you felt like a human balloon.  You swore you waddled like a penguin, which conveniently became Sehun’s new pet name for you.

While Sehun busied himself with putting together the baby crib, you listened to the soft pliter platering of the first spring rain.  Obviously, he wouldn’t let you get within five feet of a nail so you were exiled to the living room.

Sitting on the rocking chair, by the windowsill, you observed the pearls of rain that clung onto the glass.  When a droplet could no longer stand the strength of gravity, they stretched into long streams.  With your pointer finger, you drew smiley faces on the film of condensation.  But the window was quickly filled up and you were once again left with nothing to do. 

To kill time, you started looking up some baby names.  You liked something like 'Eunji' for girls or 'Joonhyun' for boys but you weren’t completely sure.

While you busily tapped on your keyboard, Sehun came out trying to look for a hammer.  He stopped behind you and peeked at your computer screen.

“Penguin, you don’t need to do that.  I already decided on the baby’s name,” he stated triumphantly. 

“Really?  What is it?” you asked, enthralled.

“Bubble Tea,” he said, gesturing with his hands to emphasize the epicness of the name. 

Your smile dropped and you shot him an unimpressed expression. 

“We are not naming our child ‘Bubble Tea’,” you firmly said and turned around to research on your computer again.

“But why????” he whined and you rolled your eyes. 

Giving up on persuading you, Sehun marched back into the baby’s room.  In between his grunts and groans of frustration, you decided that your baby’s name would be 'Oh Youngwoo' or 'Oh Youngji', depending on whether it was a boy or a girl. 

An hour later, Sehun came up behind you and covered his hands over your eyes. 

“W-what are you doing?” you asked, a bit flustered. 

“Follow me,” he simply said.

He waited for you to stand up and then carefully guided you to the baby’s room. 

“Ready?” he questioned.

When you nodded your head, he let his hands fall to his side. 

The walls were painted a lilac color with little flying cow borders lining the top and bottom.  With watery eyes, you sniffled back tears.  Your hand grazed over the beautiful white crib.  An adorable nursery mobile suspended from the side of the cradle.  Sehun pushed a button and a soft melody played while the toy animals spun around in circles.  Closing your eyes, you imagined your baby kicking his/her little feet while smiling widely at the spinning mobile.

“Do I get an award?” Sehun requested. 

You broke away from your muse and replied, “Ramen?”

He shook his head and instead, grabbed you behind the neck, bringing your lips to his.  You’re stunned for a second but your hands rested on his chest and you leaned in to kiss him back.            

 

 

—–

Two weeks later, on a sunny Friday afternoon, you got an email from your client shortening the due date of the project to Sunday, which meant you only had two days to finish your drafts.  Stressed out and panic-stricken, you dragged all your equipment and hibernated in Sehun’s office. 

To your dismay, within twenty minutes, a young (and attractive) man invaded your cave.  A little amused by your tousled hair and four-eyes, he came around and tried to get your attention by giving you little butterfly kisses on your cheeks but you’re unfazed. 

With your eyes glued to the computer monitor, you say, “Sehun, I’m working.”

Though you’re not looking, you could tell from his little “hmph” sound that Sehun was pouting.  But he gave up and left the room, politely closing the door to give you some privacy. 

However, a few hours later, the door reopened and Sehun invited himself in.  He stood beside you, observing your sketches.  You allowed him to since he wasn’t physically bothering you…until he decided to start massaging your tight shoulders.  Sehun smirked when you moaned with satisfaction.  However, the comfort was disrupting you from productivity so you shooed Sehun away again.  He left unwillingly. 

Just as you were about midway finished with your floor plans, an unknown finger bravely pushed the power button on the monitor.  Its owner completed the mischievous plan by forcefully turning your chair.  Your eyes widened in anger and you grabbed your slipper to smack Sehun.   

“OH SEHUN!” you shouted, while glaring at him.

However, the slipper fell from your hand onto the carpet floors with a quiet thud.  Your angered appearance softened as soon as you saw the beautiful heart necklace that dangled from Sehun’s opened palm.     

“Happy Birthday, Jagiya,” he said shyly, “I wasn’t going to bother you but I didn’t want to miss your birthday.”

You briefly turned to look at the clock.  It read 11:59pm. 

Blushing, you turned back to Sehun and smiled bashfully.  Sehun interpreted it that you were no longer mad, so he stood up and wrapped his hand around your neck to put the necklace on for you.  The pink diamonds on the necklace glittered under the lights, in turn creating a crown of light on your iris. 

“Thank you,” you said and propped over to reward him with a light peck.

However, Sehun held the back of your neck and deepened the kiss, only letting you go when your stomached grumbled. 

With your cheeks burning, you giggled and patted your belly. 

“Uh oh.  Even the baby is complaining, Ms. Workholic,” he teased, pinching your nose.        

Taking your hand, he dragged you to the kitchen, where candles and petals decorated the dining table.  Two plates of steak were placed on either sides of the table.  Sehun pulled the chair outward, inviting you to sit down. 

“Cheers,” you said as your glasses of orange juice hit against each other. 

“_______ah, you’re exceptionally beautiful today,” Sehun commented.

“Pfffft,” you almost spit out your juice from laughing, “You mean the crazy hair, bare face, and glasses?”

He nodded seriously, “You’re most beautiful when you’re smiling with your eyes.”

You felt as if thousands of butterflies lifted you up off your feet. 

“Sweet talker,” you accused. 

 

After dinner, you two snuggled on the balcony lounge.  Sehun’s chin rested on top of your head.  The early spring breeze ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter