Chapter 9

Bloody Kiss: Oracle of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please comment and upvote if you like this series :)

 

Chapter 9

__________________________________________________

 

Junsu was on the phone with Yunho and the others with his laptop on and open in front of him. He was providing them with directions when he heard the door opening to the secluded room he was using to do research.

“Oi Junsu” came Hyori’s voice as he quickly panicked and slam his laptop close as well as hang up the phone. He pretended to be busy looking at books as Hyori approached him

“H-Hyori…what are you doing here?” he asked

“Have you heard or seen Yoochun and Hojoon? we have a report of a lycan toward the west side of the city. I wanted them to go and take care of it but I haven’t been able to find them or even reach their cell phone”

“I...I…see…w-well I…I don’t know where they are or have I heard from them” he smile nervously as Hyori only glanced at him with one of her eyebrow raised. It was unusual for Junsu to act so nervous. She knew Junsu is lying and that the boys are once again up to something without telling her. It has happen so often that she have given up on scolding them like little kids. She only let out a sigh

“I see...well thanks anyway…” she walked toward the door before pausing and slightly turn to Junsu “tell them that tomorrow they better come to my office or I’ll bury them all alive” she smiled but her eyes reflects anger before exiting

Junsu let out a sigh feeling like he just got caught in something troublesome. For one thing Hyori already suspect something is up but isn’t questioning him on it. He opens his laptop again and examines the map in front of him. He can’t help but get this feeling like this isn’t going to be a quick or smooth trip to obtain the hidden record. From all his experience, there is never anything as simple as that.

“I hope things go as planned without any trouble” thought junsu

After driving for a good 1 hr to the country side, they finally pulled to a stop. It was completely pitch black without any street lights. They were surrounded by nothing but open fields, forest and mountains. They got out of the car and scanned the surrounding however no matter where they look they don’t see a house anywhere.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Hojoon asked

“Yes…even junsu confirmed that this is the direction” said Yunho

“You sense anything” changmin asked MyungHee who shook her head

“No…I don’t sense anyone where…in fact…” she paused before looking around with uneasiness as a soft wind blew pass “there is not a single soul out here…even the presence of animals is gone….almost like this entire area is deserted”

“OI…are you trying to scare us…” Hojoon asked a bit nervous

MyungHee didn’t respond to him as she walked pass him and floated up into the air to get a bird eyes view of the place. From what she is seeing, there aren’t any houses for miles. All she sees are fields and lots of trees. Suddenly she spotted a hidden pathway that is only visible from above. It was perfectly covered by the thickness of the trees and bushes.

“It’s this way…” she spoke from above.

Changmin also floated up to follow her and Yunho soon followed them into the sky before disappearing over the thick trees. Hojoon and Yoochun were left in the darkness totally clueless.

“I feel like they have forgotten about us” said Yoochun

“Come on…let’s go” said Hojoon as they both enter the forest. Luckily they were still able to see the sky and follow Yunho from below.

After a moment Myunghee saw an old abandon mansion.

(imagine it at night)

She descended and Changmin soon followed her to the solid ground below. Yunho too landed and a few minutes later, Hojoon and Yoochun joined them. All 5 of them stood there as they look at the large house in front of them that looked like a haunted place out of a horror movie. From the look of it, it must have been built centuries ago. It was a European style house with 2 floors, a large porch in the front and iron fences as well as a gate around the house. However, from the look of it, the house was secluded and looks like no one has lived here for many years.  It was old and looked like it will fall apart. Yunho pushed open the gate as it creaks as they made their way toward the house. The stair way was also old and creaks at every steps they made. There was an overwhelming stench of mold and endless dust. All kind of bugs has turn this place into their home especially spiders.

“Where exactly is this record hidden in this huge place” Hojoon asked as he push away the spider webs in front of him but shook his hand when the wed got stuck to his hand instead

“He said it was in a box buried under ground…” said Yunho as he scanned the room.

“Underground? Where underground? This place is huge…” said Yoochun unsure where to even start

Yunho didn’t answer as he continues to walk forward when the floor beneath him creaked. The sound it made was different. It was almost like the ground beneath him is hollow without any solid dirt to support the wooden floor. He bends down and lays his head next to the wooden floor before lightly hitting it with his knuckles. This time he confirmed that there is a hidden room beneath them.

“I think there is a basement underneath this house” said Yunho

“Well that was easy…let find a stairway to…” before Hojoon could finish, Yunho had already punched the old wooden floor breaking the woods “…of course…vampires are strong….there isn’t anything wrong with taking short cuts…”

Hojoon and Yoochun bended down to help Yunho remove all the broken woods, ripping the entire floor apart. To their amazement it was a secret stairway leading down to the darkness below.

“Rich people can do anything they want huh…even building something this grand underneath such a huge house” spoke Yoochun.

“Let’s go...” Yunho only took a step when Changmin and MyungHee stopped him “what is it?”

The expression on their faces was enough to let Yunho know that there might be something dangerous larking in the darkness below. He too calms himself before sensing a powerful force coming from below. Not only did he feel it but he could also smell it. It was a familiar scent…a scent he felt like he had known from before but couldn’t put his finger on it.

“This smell…” said MyungHee “this smells…it’s almost like…but it can’t be…”

“What? What is it?” Hojoon asked her

MyungHee turn and exchange looks with Yunho and Changmin “there is no doubt about it…I’m not sure how it’s possible but…this smells…this powerful energy…it’s a barnabas…”

“B-barnabas?! “ Hojoon asked in shock “you mean...it’s those powerful freaky vampires that Woojin created that nearly wipes us out…those very same monsters that took a group of hunters to kill??”

MyungHee nodded her head “the very same…but this doesn’t make sense…why will a barnabas be here? I was sure we killed every vampires…every barnabas that Woojin created…”

“Well…there is only one way to find out” said Yunho as he started to descend the stairs.

“Yunho…are you sure about this?” Changmin asked

“we need to get that record no matter what stands in our way…I don’t care if it’s a barnabas…an army of vampires or hell I don’t care if woojin came back a third time…I’ll get through them all and get my hand on that records to find Jaejoong” said Yunho as he walked down and disappear into the darkness.

Changmin wanted to at least come up with a plan first but Yunho wasn’t going to wait nor will he hear Changmin out. From all the years he had known Yunho, he never plans. Yunho goes with the flows and decides what to do on the spot. He let out a sigh before following Yunho down a long with MyungHee. Hojoon and Yoochun were a bit hesitant but none the less they too descended the stair way down below.

The stair way was pitch blacks that Hojoon and Yoochun wasn’t able to see anything. However the vampires were not having any trouble seeing in the darkness as their eyes glows.

“Did anyone happen to bring a flash light or something?” Yoochun asked “I did but I left it back in the car”

“Same here” sigh Hojoon as he lean his hand against the wall and felt like he pressed something when suddenly lights begin to appear lighting up the pathway. It looks like there was lights however one must find the switch to turn them on. Yunho and the others turn to look at him as he only smiled

“Should I turn it off?” he asked feeling like maybe turning on the lights will warn the enemy of their coming

“It’s fine…it will be easier for you and Yoohun” said Yunho as he continues down the stairs.

Soon enough the stairs came to an end as a narrow pathway is seen in front of them. The smell of the barnabas got stronger that even human like Hojoon and Yoochun could smell it’s nasty stench.

“Smell like someone died in here” said Yoochun in disgust as he pinched his nose

“Not just one person but a whole group of rioting flesh” said Hojoon who felt sick to his stomach

“Let’s keep moving…” said Yunho as he led the group down the narrow pathway.

They walked for a good 5 minutes before coming to a large door. Yunho tried to open it but it was lock tight. The door was made of metal but due to the age, the door was starting to rust. He took a step back and with all his might he kicked the door as it broke and fall down with a loud bang. Dust flew everywhere as they started to cough. There was total silence and then suddenly two bright red eyes glowed among the darkness of the room.

“Yunho…” spoke changmin

“Yea…I know...” said Yunho as he took a step back

Hojoon and Yoochun knew this meant that they have just freed the barnabas that was locked here. Hojoon took out his sword as Yoochun took out his gun and removed the safety. The barnabas growled and in a split second it dashed forward toward them breaking the walls before swinging it’s large hand at them. Yunho and the others dodged the attack but it was hard to move around in such a small space. Yunho landed on the ground and notice the other room was huge. It was better fighting in there then in this narrow hallway. Yunho jumped toward the barnabad before taking out his pistols and fire a few shots at it. The bullets of course bounce off of the barnabas but it was enough to get its attention. The barnabas had yunho in its sight before chasing Yunho back into the other room. The barnabas swing it’s arm around as Yunho dodge it before turning around quickly and fire another round of bullets. This of course proves to be pointless. Hojoon tried to cut the barnabas on the feet but no matter how much he cut, there was no open wounds. Even Yoochun’s gun was useless. Changmin and MyungHee took matter into their own hand before attacking the barnabas. Changmin kicked it as it went flying and slamming against the wall causing the whole room to shake as dust and debris started to fall from the top. MyungHee punched the barnabas as it coughed but still swing it’s arm at her as she dodged and jumped back a few feet before coming to a stop and with all her strength she jumped back for a few more punches. Yunho stood there and knew there was something different about this barnabas. For one thing the look in its eyes were of a beast that has been starved for who knows how long. It was caged here without as much as any food…any idea of the world outside this room. He isn’t sure what the Kim family was thinking keeping something like this here. It’s as if they were trying to create a monster of madness to protect the records. This barnabas wants blood…not only human blood but even vampire blood. He took a deep breath before putting his gun away. At times like this it’s best to rely on his vampire abilities then to continue wasting bullets. His eyes started to glow before disappearing from where he was standing and reappear right above the barnabas. He grew his nails before landing ontop of the barnabas. He stabbed his long and deadly nails into the neck of the barnabas while at the same time, Changmin and MyungHee also stabbed it with their nail on the sides. The Barnabas growled loudly echoing throughout the room before violently shaking Yunho off of it as well as pushing changmin and MyungHee away. The barnabas’s blood begin to appear as Yunho give it no time to attack. He disappears from where he was standing and reappears right in front of the barnabas before swinging his hand to cut the barnabas. He then started to throw punches and kicks. With one final kick, the barnabas went flying and hit the wall to the front creating a large hole. The barnabas lost consciousness as Yunho landed on the barnabas’s stomach. He glared at it before stabbing his nails straight through its neck killing it in place. It took him a minute to catch his breath before standing up straight with his clothes now stain with barnabas blood. He gently whipped the droplets of blood on his cheek smearing it instead.

“Hey…is this what you are looking for?” Hojoon ask

Yunho turn his attention toward Hojoon who had also entered this second room where the large hole was created. At his feet is a large brown box that has been opened and in his hand is a medium size book with a black leather covering. He was already scanning through the pages before Yunho walked over and took it from his hand. He too took a look however he couldn’t make out anything inside. It was written in a language he isn’t familiar with and there were drawing of symbols, creatures and other things that looked like something out of a children’s horror book.

“It doesn’t look that important to me…” said Hojoon “it just looks like a regular journal or something…”

“Well it’s important to Ren…important enough to kidnap Jaejoong for it…” said Yunho

“Well now we found the record…what do you plan to do?” Changmin asked

“What else is there to do? Find Ren and do the trade”

“That is your plan? It doesn’t sound really good to me? It sound like a plan an idiot will come up with” said Changmin who was starting to loos patient with Yunho

“Well this Idiot isn’t going to lose the person he loves again…” said Yunho as he walked pass Changmin

“Yunho…” he call out “just know…by giving that to them…you are basically handing the entire world to him to  do as he please…even if you are able to get jaejoong back…there won’t be a place for you to go or hide…”

Yunho didn’t say a word as he only continues to make his way back out toward the hallway and toward the stair way. MyungHee placed her hand upon Changmin’s shoulder.

“He like to act upon his feeling and do things recklessly but don’t forget Changmin…he help defeated woojin…h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter