Apartment 707

Now is the moment/ Bonnie&Clyde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Christmas Eve and everybody is peaceful. Well at least that's what you see at first glance but nothing is what it really seems, is it? In reality, even a simple glance, smirk or touch can mean way more than it's made to be. So what do a bunch of young people do on Christmas Eve? The posibilities are endless. In our heroes' case, well, nothing more than the usual. It's Christmas so... apartment party? Yes! Gift swapping? Also yes. 

So their story starts on a not so peaceful street, altough mostly quiet tonight. Big snowflakes fall from time to time which gives it a calm atmosphere. Only the lights from the apartments are still strolling on the sidewalks and the noise of cheerful people bounce from wall to wall. It's cold, but inside seems to be all warm and fuzzy. People's outlines seem to blend into each other, like someone smudged them with their thumb, everything becoming more volatile, as the air is relaxed. 

On this street there is a cozy, little apartment in which lives a cute, small girl but with a great, big personality. Going up the stairs, to the last door on the last floor is where Dara lives. From the outside of the apartment you can hear people booming with fun and happiness. Dara, like a lot of other people, was hosting a party tonight. All her friends invited, of course. People were mingling, laughing, most with a glass in their hands, leaning on the walls, chairs or even each other. 

Kwon Ji Yong was one of these people. Friend of Dara's boyfriend, he got invited too. Feeling quite relaxed, he decided to just live the moment so that night he found himself being more talkative and open than usual. Well, the three glasses of eggnog and two beers might have something to do with it too but who knows anymore, it's Christmas, after all!

A couple of hours in, he found his way to the kitchen, looking for water. The kitchen was quieter than the rest of the house and there was no one there except this girl cooking something over the stove. "Odd" he tought to himself as the leaned on the door and watched her from behind. She wore a black turtle neck and a red, plaid skirt. Underneath he could see her net stockings and going down, her Dr Martens boots. On the head she had a red beret which he found pretty neat. Bored of just standing there and just a little bit intrigued he decided to break the silence.

"Hey." he said with a casual smile over his lips

She looked up, startled, not expecting anyone else being in the kitchen. "Ah.. hello." she shortly answered and turned her attention back to the stove, not really looking at him.

Ji Yong analized her further starting with her short brown hair, wanting to see more of her than just a glimpse. He decided to continue the conversation "What are you doing here alone?" The girl wasn't facing him yet, instead she opened a kitchen cupboard and struggled to reach the cocoa powder. The man watched her, still waiting for an answer, when he finally decided to help her get that cocoa. He walked until he was behind her then streched his hand above her head and got the cocoa powder. The girl looked up at him.

Second thing he noticed about her... swollen, red, brown eyes and pouty red lips. She's been crying. They stared at each other for some seconds, until she took the cocoa from his hand and he backed up a few steps. "Thanks." Her tone indifferent and monotone. 

He coughed awkwardly "No problem." Silence fell over the kitchen as she stirred some cocoa powder and some sugar into the hot milk.

Still not paying any attention to him.

After a few more seconds "So... you haven't answered that other question.." He spoke again. This time, she turned in his direction and was facing him. Frowning slightly she opened to speak "I'm sorry but I wasn't listening. Can you repeat the question?"

He looked at her with curiosity "I was just asking what were you doing in the kitchen all alone. Everybody else is in the living room. Now that I think about it, I don't think I saw you in there alt all. Are you friends with somebody in there?" 

Her eyes went to his "Yes, I am Dara's friend. I'm spending the winter holiday with her actually, you know, since she b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter