Strip Jenga

Miscellany.

Mingyu just wanted to know how the hell Wonwoo had abs

 


 

 

It was a harmless plot to get his best friend (who he may not have been crushing on since the beginning of forever) , but things weren’t looking so great for Mingyu. If it wasn’t for that one time during PE class, when some weird force of nature decided to flip Wonwoo’s shirt up to reveal just a sliver of his abdomen while he was shooting from the three-point line, Mingyu’s curiosity wouldn’t have been sparked.

He had never seen him work out, let alone exercise. Mingyu always finds Wonwoo either munching on a snack, splayed on their couch while watching television, reading a book, or most of the time, all of the above. Wonwoo was thin, that was a given fact. Mingyu witnessed him chow down dishes after dishes when they’ve saved enough for a buffet to celebrate the end of their finals, yet he hasn’t gained weight to the eye.

Mingyu had suspected that despite the slim stature, Wonwoo was sporting a pot belly under the oversized dress shirts or sweaters he opted to wear. He doubted the existence of hard muscle on Wonwoo’s abdomen, but when his eyes caught the slightest bit of defined muscle during their mock basketball game, he was curious, to say the least.

How on earth does Jeon Wonwoo have abs?

 

He had schemed plenty of times to see him shirtless, from trying to catch him change at the locker room, to pretending not knowing he was in their dorm bathroom, showering. But it was always too foggy from the shower’s steam in the locker room to even see 5 inches from your face and Wonwoo was somehow always quick to freshen up after PE classes. In their dorm, Wonwoo had always brought his clothes with him and locked the bathroom door when he was using it. When Mingyu had jokingly pointed it out, Wonwoo explains an incident when he was younger that a female friend of his brother’s had mistakenly entered their shared bathroom while he was getting out of the shower. The habit of locking the bathroom door had stuck with him up until now.

Mingyu was starting to think he had no other opportunity to see his best friend shirtless until one lazy Friday night.


 

They were lounging about their dorm room. Mingyu had been playing with his phone while Wonwoo was flipping through the channels on the television. They decided against going to the party they heard along the hallway that was happening not too far away from their dorm. They had their own six-packs in the mini fridge and plenty of board games they can turn into some drinking game if they felt like it.

And for Wonwoo, he felt just that.

“Hey, I’m bored.” He throws a cushion at Mingyu, who ignores it despite being hit right on the face.

“No , Won.”

“Jihoon left a bunch of his board games here, do you want to play with some?”

Mingyu snorts, “How old are you? 10?”

“10 year olds don’t play shots and ladders, Mingyu.”

With that, he relents, volunteering to grab 2 six-packs from the fridge while Wonwoo takes out the few board games from under the table.

Shots and Ladders was honestly just something Wonwoo came up with to coax Mingyu into playing, but they stuck with it. The rules were the same, except if a player lands on a snake, they would have to take a shot or in their case, a gulp of beer.

Wonwoo was the first to land on a snake, not only losing the 56 spaces he had easily climbed up to but had to deal with Mingyu’s childish taunts. With a grunt, he drags his piece down to where the snake’s tail was and throws his head back, filling his mouth with as much as beer as he can hold before swallowing it down.

“If this keeps up, you’ll be drunk before me.” Mingyu chortles, rolling the dice. But when it stops at a 5 and they both realize he’ll be landing on a snake, Wonwoo snorts.

“We’ll see about that.” He raises his beer can in a mock toast.

They had exhausted at least 2 cans each to finish the push-and-pull game of Shots and Ladders, with Wonwoo winning by 3 spaces.

“Next game.” Mingyu demands after he finishes his beer as punishment, pouting like a baby as he reaches over the pile of games by Wonwoo. He retrieves Ticket to Ride and he smugly grins at Wonwoo, “Shots to Ride! A shot to the other player when someone is able to complete a route aaaand,” He sings, “Loser has to down one full can.”

“Call.” Wonwoo quickly removes the previous board game and helps Mingyu set up the new one.

Unlike the previous game, they fill in the silence of the match with random chatter, especially since their system’s are being invaded by alcohol.

Wonwoo was first to complete one route and while Mingyu begrudgingly gulps his beer, he suddenly thanks him for being his friend.

“Where is this coming from? Wow, alcohol really does make you say things.” Mingyu laughs, taking the two red train cards on the side of the table and replacing them with two new ones from the deck.

“Drunk or not, it doesn’t change the fact that you’ve stuck with me through thick and thin. Most people would have probably left me.”

Mingyu watches as Wonwoo draws two cards from the deck. “I’m not like most people, if you haven’t realized. I would never leave you for whatever reason.”

“I’m just so… socially awkward sometimes. I prefer books over people. I just want to be alone and be isolated. I push people away--I push you away. But you’re still here.”

“I’m still here.” Mingyu half-smiles, just showing off a part of his canines.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

He pauses, “Nothing is wrong with you, Wonwoo. You’re being you, and I can’t have you any other way.”

Wonwoo grins at him, “Honestly, Mingyu, I really love you.”

Mingyu knew he meant that in a friendly, platonic way, but his cheeks still burn and his heart speeds up. Pretending to scoff, he discards 6 of the red train cards from his hand and proceeds to line the red train pieces on the track that completes one of his routes. “Yeah, and I love you, too.”

Wonwoo drinks without protest and they continue to play the game, albeit becoming drunker as the minutes pass by.

With probably the longest Ticket to Ride they’ve ever played, challenging themselves to complete as much as the available and possible routes on the board, Mingyu wins by a landslide.

“Bottoms up! Bottoms up!” He chants, opening a fresh beer can for Wonwoo, and continues to do so as his best friend downs the drink.

That was the last of the beer from the dozen they have taken out of the fridge and Wonwoo was faced drunk.

“I’m gonna have the worst hangover tomorrow.”

“Should we call it a night?” Mingyu laughs, lazily putting Ticket to Ride back into its box. He was just as drunk, but he had better tolerance for alcohol than Wonwoo.

“But I still want to play.” He whines, throwing his body over the table and dragging his hand over the pile of untouched board games.

“We’re not playing drinking games anymore. We might end up puking all over these and Jihoon will have our heads on his wall.”

“Fine.” Wonwoo groans, “Let’s wager something else.” His eyes light up when he spies a box peeking out from the rest.

“Like what?”

Wonwoo springs up (which was a bad idea, now that all the blood from his head is rushing down) “Our clothes.” He confidently smiles, “Let’s play Strip Jenga.”

Every alcohol-induced buzzing sensation in Mingyu stops simultaneously at the realization of what Wonwoo had suggested.

“First to be buck loses, and I’m guessing 3 rounds since we’re both in shirts and boxer shorts--wait, you don’t wear underwear at home, right?”

The flood of red heat across Mingyu’s face was enough of an answer. “Then don’t lose.” Wonwoo laughs, taking the game out of its box. “I’ll let you go first.”

They set the game up on the floor to make things a bit harder for both of them.

The first few sticks were easy to choose and remove without a chance of having the tower topple over. Wonwoo played carelessly, but Mingyu was taking this game very seriously.

Not because he is one clothing article short of Wonwoo, but this was his golden opportunity to see if Wonwoo really did have abs. He was almost disgusted with himself with how desperate he was to find out. Why was he so curious anyway? If anybody else was as curious as him, they would have probably just grabbed the end of Wonwoo’s shirt and pull it up to kill the suspense. But Mingyu wouldn’t do that. He respected Wonwoo’s introverted and reserved personality. It’s one among many things he had loved about him.

His finger slips and sends the stack falling over.

“Ha! Your shirt goes!” Wonwoo drunk-happily claps his hands before gathering the pieces and stacking them up again.

Mingyu blinks at him, did he just admitted to himself that he was in love with Wonwoo?

Without another second to spare, he shrugs his shirt off and pouts, waiting for Wonwoo to finish.

No, he couldn’t have just admitted it. Just like Wonwoo had earlier, he was just stating his platonic feelings, right?

When Wonwoo finishes, he grins at Mingyu. “You go first again.”

Mingyu gulps.

He shakes his head with the nonsense notion of being in love with Wonwoo and makes his first move.

The tower had wobbled while Wonwoo was making his tenth move and Mingyu had almost rejoiced too early, but the tower had steadied itself as Wonwoo slip the stick out. It didn’t surprise Mingyu when his move had caused the tower to collapse.

“You lose~ Now strip the boxers, Kim!”

Mingyu frowns, dragging his feet so he could stand up and feels the smooth slide of his feet against the polished floor. “Wait! I’m wearing socks!”

Wonwoo’s eyes fall down the flying pig-patterned blue socks on his feet with an unamused expression, “Fine. But they’ll be your last hope. Boxers still have to go.”

Bashfully, but hurriedly, Mingyu strips his shorts off and cups his crotch.

“Dude, we both have .”

“Shut up. Stack them up already.”

“I’ve been stacking them. You do it.” He teases with a lazy smile.

“Wonwoo!”

He laughs, “Okay, fine.”

When the tower is complete once more, Mingyu gives the first move to Wonwoo, grumbling how being first is bad luck. “I’m gonna win this time.” He mutters under his breath, but Wonwoo still catches it anyway, making him chuckle.

They both took their time strategizing their move and executing it, both careful with prodding the stick out of under the stack above it. And just when Mingyu had a clear move, the tower betrays him and topples over his hand before he could even retract it.

He hisses a curse, glaring at his socks.

“This isn’t your game, Mingyu.” Wonwoo lightly chuckles, sweeping the Jenga pieces to the side.

“Tell me about it.” He rolls his eyes, still glaring at his socks as he uses one hand to tug them off.

“Mingyu.” Wonwoo sighs, stretching his neck. “If you wanted to see me , you could have just told me.”

The statement causes Mingyu to snap his eyes to meet Wonwoo’s unusually dark and clouded ones.

“I’d strip for you if you just tell me to do so.” Wonwoo kneels on both legs.

“What are you talking…” He trails off when Wonwoo pulls his shirt off and suddenly, Mingyu’s mouth is dry.

He was right about Wonwoo being slim, bony even, but there was no pot belly--not even close and quite the exact opposite. He had a firm, flat chest and Mingyu doesn’t really want to comment on his s but they were so pink and he guesses because of the air conditioning, they had pebbled up. His eyes fall down to two, four, six pack abs that were clearly defined and he was sure that was what girls called “chocolate abs.”

“How do you even… You don’t even…”

“Genetics. Got my fast metabolism from my mom’s side and my dad comes from a family of athletes. I don’t have to work out, but proper diet and exercise is enough.”

“You eat like a pig and can stay on the couch without moving for a days.”

Wonwoo rolls his eyes, “I jog early in the morning when you’re asleep and do cardio during my long breaks while you have classes.”

Mingyu opens his mouth to retaliate but he closes it to stare at Wonwoo, the same shade of blush from earlier creeping across his cheeks.

“Let me help you with that, Gyu.” Wonwoo whispers.

“With what?” Mingyu swallows his saliva.

His best friend smirks at him before crawling over and putting a hand over his that had desperately hid his groin.

“This.” He quietly says, eyeing Mingyu’s before glancing back up at him, “Can I?”

All words had left Mingyu at the thought of his best friend going down on him and he had only managed to nod his head in stunned approval.

With one wicked grin, a swipe of tongue against pink lips, and a trail of kisses going down, down, down and further down Mingyu’s torso, both of them are glad they ended up playing Strip Jenga.

 


 

for comments, suggestions (on future chapters,) and violent reactions, hit me up below or tweet me @8scoupsofjisoo