Chapter 4

Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Our eyes blink rapidly, praying that the image before us was only a figment of our imagination. Unfortunately, our current situation was in fact very real. Before us was Kang Gary, jaw still touching the ground. I can feel Ji Hyo’s hands settled along the sides of my body, clutching in anticipation of how Gary was going to handle this situation. Time moves slowly as the three of us stand in a deafening silence. Gary is the first to speak, freeing us from fear’s spell.

                Gary’s loud voice pierces the silent parking lot, causing my body to jump in surprise.

                “Yah! Ji Hyo! You’re cheating on me? And with my hyung?” Gary asks lightheartedly.

                “Gary-oppa, it’s not what you think,” Ji Hyo stutters, obviously flustered.

                “I think it’s exactly what I think,” Gary teases.

                I can feel Ji Hyo fidget restlessly behind me. Wanting to divert Gary’s attention from her to myself I ask, “Gary, what brings you here?”

                Ji Hyo’s tense posture relaxes as I take over the conversation. Gary, looking confused by the conversation responds, “I was craving chicken and beer. And you?”

                “Same.”

                “Really? Because it looked like you were hungry for something else,” Gary says.

                Ji Hyo hides her face along my shoulder blade. I can feel the heat from her cheeks resonate against my back.

“You guys don’t have to hide it. I’ve known for a while,” Gary says nonchalantly.

                “Know what?” I ask with the best poker face I can muster.

                “Okay, I’m going to say my thoughts without a filter,” Gary says, eyeing me for approval.

                “Sure, I’d rather have honesty than lies,” I say.

                “Since Running Man started, I’ve always been the other half of the Monday Couple. One of my jobs during filming is to keep an eye out on Ji Hyo to see if there are any opportunities for Monday Couple scenes. At first it was easy, but I’d say for the past year and a half, whenever I check to see if there’s a chance for a Monday Couple moment, she’s always with you, or you’re always with her. And if you’re not together physically, your eyes are watching each other like hawks. If there’s anything I’ve learned from my past experiences with love, is that when you’re in love with someone you can never have this person out of your site. As a matter of fact, it’s about time you guys have gotten together. Watching your subtle touches and glances were endearing and all, but come on, we are adults. I bet that is just about reaching the level of unbearable,” Gary laughs.

                “Yah, Gary-ah, now’s not the time to be joking about that kind of stuff,” I say shyly.

                “Why? Is your body starting to betray your mind?” Gary teases, eyes glancing down at my nether regions.

                I instinctively cover myself with my hands, causing Gary to laugh.

                “Aish, what am I even doing?” I say, lowering by hands back down to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter