Chapter 3

Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Butterflies flood the depths of my stomach, their wings grazing my defenseless heart. Jealousy surges through me as I attempt to comprehend what just happened. A growl escapes me, my heated breath clashing again the icy atmosphere. I sprint to my car, thanking the heavens that I decided to drive myself to today’s filming. The revving of the engine reverberates through the silence, as I begin to chase Ji Hyo’s van. Driving well past the speed limit, I weave through the surrounding cars until I have her black van in my sight.

                “Call Mong Ji,” I say to my Bluetooth.

                “Oppa?” Ji Hyo says, surprised.

                “Where are you?” I ask.

                “Driving home but I think I might pick up some dinner because I’m starving,” Ji Hyo says.

                “What are you craving?” I ask.

                “Chicken and beer,” Ji Hyo laughs.

                “Let’s get some.”

                “What? How? I’m already half way home. Aren’t you still at the filming location?”

                “Look out your window.”

                A grin blooms across my face, as I see her jaw drop.

                “Yah! Kim Jong Kook!”

                “Mong Ji!” I sing playfully.

                I revel in the shy smile of delight that escapes her poker face.

                “Yah, keep your eyes on the road. I can’t imagine how much you sped to even catch up to me. What were you--? “

                “Tell your manager to pull over. You’re mine tonight,” I say.

                “Oppa, it’s already past midnight. We both have schedules in the morning.”

                “Why are you making excuses? Scared that I’ll eat you up?” I tease, gliding my tongue over my teeth.

                “Scared? Yes, because once you have a taste you won’t be able to stop,” she provokes.

                “Oh is that so?”

                “Yes.”

                “Let’s put that theory to the test. Pull over and we’ll find out if you’re really that delicious,” I taunt.

                The excitement of competition, pride, and love override any sense of logic that may have resided in Ji Hyo’s mind. A fire ignites within me as I watch her hastily force her manager to pull over. Ji Hyo quickly runs to my car, slamming the door behind her in exhilaration. I roll down the passenger window and methodically lean close to Ji Hyo. From the side of my eye, I feel her stop breathing. I gently lean my head towards her, my cheek hovering millimeters from her lips. The contactless touch sends waves of desire throughout my being.

                “Sorry Manager-hyung, I’ll have her back before her first schedule, but I can’t make any promises,” I smile before driving off.

                “I can’t believe we’re doing this,” Ji Hyo exclaims.

                “Thrilling isn’t it?” I say. “So where did you want to go? Chicken and bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter