Chapter 1

Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            My muscles ache as I push through the discomfort. I continue to run hard, chasing after Kwang Soo. Strain and heat pulsate through my body as I attempt to steady my breathing. As Kwang Soo reaches a dead end, I mercilessly rip his nametag leaving him no time to weasel his way out. Filled with desire to win today’s game, I quickly resume my hunt for the remaining members. Unbeknownst to me, I lost my VJ in the chase. I head towards the stairs to go back down to the lobby where the PD can contact my VJ. As I make my way down towards the second floor, Jihyo appears before me.

            “Yah. Kim Jongkook. Are you not worried about hurting yourself? I saw you running earlier. You know you’re supposed to take it easy because of your knee! Do you think sprinting around chasing after Kwang Soo is going to do you any good?” Jihyo scolds.

            “No, but I got to rip off Kwang Soo’s nametag didn’t I?” I joke.

            “This is serious. I don’t think I’ll be able to take it to see you in pain,” Jihyo says.

            Her words sear into me as I close the distance between us. With a mere inch of space separating us, I lift her chin. The air becomes thick as our body temperature heats the surrounding area.

            Avoiding eye contact, Jihyo lightly grabs my waist.

            “Just be careful,” Jihyo says softly.

            “Are you that worried about me?” I whisper resting my forehead against hers.

            “Sit down.”

            “What? Why?”

            “Just sit down!” Jihyo commands.

            I wince in discomfort, now that the adrenaline from the chase has gone. Sitting at the top of the stairs, I extend my left leg. A sharp pain pierces through my knee. Jihyo settles beside me, closer than necessary. My skin burns against the contact. I feel my pulse quicken as our shoulders meld together, her hair falling on my neck. Without warning, she pulls my leg into her lap.

            “Yah, Jihyo. Usually men’s legs don’t spread that wide. Next time give me some warning,” I yelp.

            “Quiet.”

            I do as I’m told.

            Surprised, I watch her begin to massage my leg.

            “I researched last night,” Jihyo beams.

            “Researched?”

            “Yup. On how to properly massage an injured knee. I practiced on Kang Gary this morning. He said that I was almost as good as a professional.”

            My elation drops hearing that Jihyo massaged Gary. I lift her hand up.

            “You massaged anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter