Chapter 5

Rendezvous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

I wanted to take a moment to say that I know that it’s been over two years since my last post on this story. A lot of things happened including work, college, and life in general. I ended up taking a long hiatus in writing. However, I am back with my passion for writing fully reignited. I hope you continue to enjoy this story, as I truly had an amazing time writing this chapter. I can’t wait to continue this story as I love spartace! Anyway, thank you and please enjoy the read.

 

 

            My eyelids blink rapidly attempting to help my brain gain any sense of the events unfolding before me. From what I can register, I see Gary holding two empty shot glasses over his eyes. Kwang Soo is sleeping with his eyes open, and the lady sitting beside me is still enjoying her liquor.

            “Where does all this liquor go in this petite body of yours,” I whisper.

            “Bladder,” Ji Hyo says bluntly.

            “Yes. I suppose that’s true,” I say softly.

            Ji Hyo moves closer to me, naturally laying her head on my shoulder and placing her hand in mine.

            The sensation of her fingers interlacing with mine is dangerously addictive. I place my cheek against her head and close my eyes. My breathing slows, letting my body fall to alcohol’s temptation, however I am quickly pulled back to reality.

            “Aren’t you being a little too obvious?” Gary says, his shot glasses acting like binoculars.

            “What?” I ask.

            Wordlessly, Gary points his binoculars towards our hands, slowly moving towards my cheek, which is still resting on Ji Hyo’s head.

            “We’re in love. Why can’t we show our affection for each other?” I say, words leaving my mouth before my brain could order my lips shut.

            Gary retreats respecting my honesty. Momentarily lowering his makeshift binoculars, he gives me a slight nod and smile. I knew this was his way of giving us his blessing. Before I can respond, his binoculars are pressed against his face as he peers into the distance as if we are on a ship desperate for land. On the contrary, the man beside him has snapped out of his nap with his eyes burning my skin.

            My chest tightens.

            “Let’s play never have I ever!” Kwang Soo shouts unaware of what I had just recklessly confessed.

            “Yah, what are we? Sixteen?” Ji Hyo says, her words slightly jumbling. The alcohol must be affecting her now.

            “What? You afraid I’m going to discover some of your secrets?” Kwang Soo says flirtingly, eyes glazed.

            “No, I don’t mind revealing some secrets,” Ji Hyo says shortly. “I’m just not sure you can handle hearing the things your noona has done.”

            Kwang Soo gulps and becomes even redder. His eyelids blinking wildly, and eyes wandering restlessly unsure where to rest them.

            “Damn Ji Hyo. Don’t kill the kid,” Gary laughs. Ji Hyo stares blankly at Gary unsure of what his comment means. Thankfully the alcohol is impairing her usual sharp deduction skills.

            I clear my throat, signaling Gary to shut up. In response, Gary rolls his eyes and places his shot glass bin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter