Chapter Two

Lost not Gone

There is something wrong with Changmin’s memories.

There is something gone. Something completely erased.

It can’t be that his brain is just disturbed. Not just simply because he is psychologically broken. It must be because of something happened! Something erasing his memories. And Changmin’s encounter with Yunho just had to trigger it!

Changmin growls, as he turned his body.

Does it have something to do with his dream? Like, that’s why he keeps dreaming about Yunho?

What if everything in his dream actually ever happened?

Changmin clenched his pillow. He feels that he is getting closer to the answer, but his head just rejected to remember why!

In the end, Changmin couldn’t fall asleep, as he keep turning on his bed.

Changmin has completely forgotten the fact the he has works to do tomorrow and sleeping late will make his morning encounter worse.

Just about when Changmin gave up trying to fall asleep and accept the fact the he gonna be zombie at work tomorrow, while stressing about his today weird encounter, Changmin’s phone suddenly ringing.

Changmin grunts slightly, annoyed at the fact that someone just had to call him on a middle of the night, despite the fact the he can’t sleep.

His hands reaching out for the blinking light near his bed. Noticed that he doesn’t know whose number it is appearing on his cellphone’s screen. But, pick it up anyway.

“Hello?”

“Um... hi...” said the soothing hoarse voice across.

Changmin stunned.

He might have knew whose voice is this. He swears just listened to it recently.

But Changmin still can be wrong, right?

“I’m... sorry for disturbing you... but I’m...”the voice suddenly fall silent.

“Who is this?” ask Changmin in stern voice, “You’re just successfully disturbed my night, if that’s what you intended to do,” snarks Changmin harshly.

“Oh!” the voice across sounds purely surprised.

“Oh! I’m... sorry... I’m... your neighbor across. You know? Jung Yunho,” said the voice carefully.

Now both of them fall in awkward silent.

Changmin shuts his eyes frustatingly.

Of course! Of course the neighbor of his just HAVE to call him. No one will actually just let an incident like earlier on the day, get away just like that.

Not Yunho, not even Changmin. There must be quiet a problem if someone suddenly called you by a name that no one supposed to know exist. And there must be something wrong with Changmin too for suddenly calling a stranger by “hyung”.

But wait... how does Yunho...

“Eh... errr... sorry... Yunho... but... how do you know my number?”

And suddenly there are too many moments where they just have to fall in indefinite silent.

Yunho finally coughed.

“Changmin, there are a lot I have to explain to you. I don’t know how else to explain it, so I’ll be very straightforward,”

Changmin raises his eyebrow slightly, “What do you have to explain?” his voice thicked.

Changmin can hears Yunho’s voice slightly choked, “A lot of things Changmin... lot of things...”

Changmin hesitated. He silently patting the bed next to him.

What could it be that Yunho owe him explanation of? Could it be... Yunho has the answer of his several dreams about Yunho lately?

“Alright... please tell me, what is it?”

Yunho’s voice sounds tightened. He inhales a bit, before saying, “Changmin, I’m in front of your house. I will explain it to you inside... if you allow...”

Changmin hesitated no more. He put off his cellphone and ran outside his bedroom.

Even from the window, Changmin can already see Yunho’s silhoutte standing behind his door.

Changmin took a deep breath, before he finally open his door.

“Oh my God! Yunho? What happened? Why is it?” Changmin gasped in surprise as he opened the door.

The problem is, Changmin swears, they just MET this evening but,

Yunho already looks like he lost several pounds of weight. Not to mention, his eyes are reddish with thick eyes’ circle below it. His wonderful black hair is now seems to be slightly burned – and Changmin sure that he could also smell smokes from his hair -- and is now showing bits of white color on it, especially on the tip.

Yunho smiles weakly as he stepped into Changmin’s house.

Changmin hurriedly close the door, locking it, and pulled Yunho to the nearest sofa.

“Yunho? What happened? What have you done?” asked Changmin in panic.

Yunho shakes his head, “That’s the problem Changmin. I have done nothing, physically. But I foresee this will happen. No, I actually know that this will happen as soon as I decided to let you know the truth. But...” Yunho shruged, “I think... you deserve the truth more than me,”

Changmin is a bit taken aback, “What? No, don’t say stupid thing! What happened with your hair? Why does it smell burned?” said Changmin, touching the tip of Yunho’s hair that is now covered in white.

Yunho seems to be a bit shaken as Changmin touched his hair. But, he tried to forces a smile. He then reached for Changmin’s hand that was touching his hair. Yunho then proceed to groaned a bit.

“Yunho?” Changmin call out in worry, “does it hurt?” Changmin’s palm then softly reached for Yunho’s forehead. This action, again, caused Yunho letting out a protest.

“Yunho? Oh my God, I’m sorry. Does it hurt if I touched you?” asked Changmin as he pull out both of his hands from Yunho reaches. Only that, Yunho holds Changmin’s hand still, firmly.

Even though Yunho seems to be filled with pain, Changmin can feel the warmth of Yunho’s hands, carefully wrapping around his. As Yunho squezzes his eyes to hold the pain, tears slowly flowing down from the corner of his eyes.

And Changmin suddenly feel very concerned. Someone, can’t, suddenly, be in huge pain that caused them to change drastically, just in count of hours, right?

Changmin then called out the-in-pain Yunho once again just to make sure, “Yunho?” whispers Changmin carefully.

Yunho slowly opened his eyes. His breath slowly became heavier. He then forced another smile.

“I’m sorry, Changmin. But, don’t worry about me. This is a risk that i took to save your life. But, please be noticed, that you might find this truth discomfort you. You deserve it though, and for that, i’m so sorry...” said Yunho slowly.

Changmin stares at Yunho. He still didn’t know how to reach. He slowly nods, while his head busy thinking what could have actually happened between them.

“The truth is... Changmin...” Yunho breathes in... he slowly closed his eyes again....

“I... in the past... have saved you from a grief danger. With a payment that you have to lost all the memory of me... of us... together,”

Soon, both of them fell in deep silent.

As Changmin’s eyes widened, he stares into Yunho, not believing what he just said.

“I.... lost my memory?” Changmin repeated carefully.

Yunho nods, his face still wrinkled in pain. However, he still let himself caressing Changmin’s soft hands. Playing with his long fingers. Taking Changmin’s hands to his face and feeling it with his cheeks.

Changmin’s heart has never felt so in pain as he witnessed Yunho scrunching in pain. Forcing himself to do things that hurt him.

But Changmin can feel the warmth on Yunho’s skin as his hand slowly caressing Yunho's. He can see the love and sincerity on Yunho as he did it. Making Changmin’s heart thumping in painful beats.

This made Changmin wants to hug Yunho into his embrace. Ruffling with his hair using his nose while kissing the top of his head.

But Changmin couldn’t imagine how much pain Yunho has to endure if he does that.

So, as Yunho taking his fingers to his face, Changmin slowly and carefully cupping Yunho’s face. Softly tracing the tears trail with his thumb as Yunho groaned even more in pain.

Yunho let out a heavy sigh before saying, “Yes... you lost my memory. And it was my fault”.

Changmin blinked his eyes, “How could it be your fault?”

Yunho smiled slightly as he feels Changmin’s thumb on the corner of his mouth. He lets Changmin’s thumb travelling on the tip of his lips’ skin, even though it caused him more pain.

“What could actually be happened? Some alien attack? Did it involves superpower? Are you actually an esper or a vampire?” Changmin asked, causing Yunho to laugh a bit hearing Changmin’s witty question.

“Changdol-ah... you don’t change... not even a bit...” Yunho sighed heavily again. Tears flow down even more from his eyes

Changmin noticed that now, half of Yunho’s hair are almost covered in white. The burning smell now smells even stronger.

Changmin reached out Yunho’s hair in worry. That act however, caused Yunho to yelp in pain.

“Oh gosh. Yunho, don’t... please don’t push yourself. It’s okay... you don’t need to... hurt yourself like this...” Changmin said while gulping lots of guilts onto himself. He can feels the warm tears slowly forming on his eyes.

“Whatever happened in the past, Yunho... hyung... we can always start anew,”  said Changmin. He then slowly pull Yunho closer into him.

Yunho now no longer able to open his eyes. He just keep scrunching and groaning in pain. But he pulled himself closer to Changmin anyway. As Yunho breathes heavily, Changmin can smell the burning smells was actually come from Yunho’s breathe.

Yunho shook his head, “No. Changmin. You deserve the truth...” he then inhales deeply, “you deserve the truth more than you deserve me...”

“And yes... it actually kinda did involves superpower...” said Yunho while gigling a bit.

The tears that were forming on Changmin’s eyes earlier finally make its way to escape. Changmin can feel the tears running down on his cheeks as he seeing Yunho to be in more and more pain as he talks.

“The deal is, once I decided to let you know the truth, then it’s the end for me...” whispered Yunho. His lips now only an inches away from Changmin.

Changmin choked as he sobs, “wh... what do you mean... by the end...” he said. While at that, Yunho’s hands slowly guide Changmin’s to his hips, reaching up to his back, asked to be embraced.

Yunho soon muttered a painful groan when Changmin finally fully hugging him. Yunho tried to hold it up as much as he could, but he couldn’t. It was too much painful.

But for Yunho, it would be much more painful, if at the end of his life, he unable to touched Changmin still.

Yunho’s hairs are now fully covered in white, losing it pigment colors. Both of them brimmed with tears. Changmin especially, was sobbing uncontrollably.

Yunho tried to enjoy as much as he can, while the tips of their lips softly touching. A bit away from fully kissing each other. Changmin could feels Yunho smiles brushing his lips.

“You know Changmin, that childhood myth. That everyone have a guardian angel by our side?”

“Changmin, you were my guardian angel,”

 

a/n : OH MY GOD this has become much longer than I intended too >< I myself, tbh, can't believe that Changmin is Yunho's guardian angel? WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH THE STORY? Please enjoy it guys <3 and give it loves, a love will help Changmin and Yunho stay alive (?). Thank you <3