Dreams Do Come True

Butterfly

With only a couple of days before the wedding, Taehyung had no choice but to give up on his hopeless crush for Jungkook. His brother was right, Jungkook would never be interested in him. So when Jimin vanishes a day before the wedding, Jungkook is right at the doorstep, balling his eyes out. Yoongi and Jin, Jungkook’s papa, comforted the latter while Hoseok and Namjoon, Jungkook’s dad, try locating the runaway. Taehyung couldn’t believe the situation and didn’t really want to get involved, making the decision to go upstairs. He found a note on his bed, probably from Jimin. The note read:

    “Dear Taehyung, I can’t go through with this anymore. I couldn’t break up with Jungkook because I couldn’t tell him that I didn’t love him. So I have moved to Busan with my girlfriend, the girl you saw me kissing, to pursue my career in dance. Perhaps I will return to visit one day, please tell Jungkook I’m really sorry. You deserved him all along, I’m sorry. -Jimin.”

Taehyung stared at the note for a while, realizing that his brother ran away because he didn’t want to admit he wasn’t in love. He crumpled up the note, his heart aching that his twin would do that. Now he knows what he has to do as he exited his room and jumped down the stairs.

    “Jungkook…” Taehyung whispered to himself seeing his crush and childhood friend breaking down his parent’s arms.

    “I-I thought h-he loved me! W-Why did he d-o-o this to me!?” Jungkook cried in Jin’s arms.

Namjoon Jungkook’s hair while Yoongi and Hoseok looked guilty for Jungkook’s meltdown.

    “Can I borrow him for a moment?” Taehyung knelt in front of them.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who was hanging his head before looking up at his papa. Jin released his only son from his embrace letting him follow the latter. Taehyung took Jungkook to the back porch, sitting down in a chair and looked up at the stars.

    “You’re gonna want to sit for what I’m about to tell you.” Taehyung closed his eyes.

Jungkook sat down in a chair next to Taehyung, then was handed a crumpled piece of paper.

    “Read it, it’s from Jimin.” Taehyung stared at the sky.

A couple of minutes pass but it felt like an eternity to Taehyung. Jungkook’s sobbing broke into the quiet of the night, handing the note back to Taehyung.

“I tried telling you but you didn’t believe me. I mean why would you? I constantly ignored you because I didn’t want to get any more hurt than I already was.” Taehyung spoke quietly.

    “You were right, I should've believed you…” Jungkook sniffed.

It became very awkward between them and neither of them could think of the right thing to say.

    “I’m...um.. Sorry about your wedding. You didn’t deserve that at all.” Taehyung scratched the back of his head.

    “I’m going to have to cancel everything, send emails to everyone that was invited.. Unless you want to take his spot?” Jungkook chuckled.

When he looked at Taehyung, the latter had a very visible blush on his face but also looked very upset.

    “I’m so-”

    “Even after you have your heart broken, you still mess with mine.” Taehyung growled.

    “Tae-”

    “Do you know how hard it was to look at your face after Jimin stuck that engagement ring in my face? It was difficult because I was still…” Taehyung trailed off.

    “TAEHYUNG!” Jungkook exclaimed to get the latter’s attention.

Taehyung stared at him, with surprise in his eyes.

    “Don’t think of anything, don’t even say a word, just give me a smile.” Jungkook smiled softly.

Taehyung shook his head and sighed.

    “My whole life feels like a dream, I was always afraid you would disappear if you didn’t have Jimin....”

    “Is it true? That you’ve had a huge crush on me since we were kids?” Jungkook finally turned the tables on him.

    “How do you know that?!” Taehyung blushed once more.

    “Jimin told me a while back. He said that you were upset with him for asking me out. I finally understood why you constantly ignored me. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner.” Jungkook stared at the ground, “I remember having a huge crush on you too when I was younger but when Jimin asked, I gave up thinking you didn’t like me.”

Taehyung’s breath was caught in his throat as he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

    “I developed feelings for Jimin but they didn’t feel right. I was just trying to hide my feelings towards you and how my hand fits perfectly in yours. I actually wanted to be with you, V.”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, his head spinning and his heart beating fast

    “I know this might be a bad time since we aren’t really in a relationship but will you marry me, Kim Jeon Jungkook?” Taehyung gulped.

    “Wow we haven’t even had our first date and you’re already asking me to marry you.” Jungkook chuckled

    “I-I’m sorry! I-I d-didn’t mea-” Taehyung stuttered.

    “I’m kidding Tae.” Jungkook blushed, “Yes, I’ll marry you.”

    “Not without my approval.” Namjoon walked out onto the porch with Hoseok, arms crossed.

Taehyung immediately got to his knees and put his hands together.

    “Please allow me to at least date Jungkook! He’s all I ever wanted and I would never do anything to harm him because he is my butterfly. Butterflies are fragile and that’s why I will do everything to ensure that Jungkook never falls apart. Please, sir. I’m not anything like my brother.”

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, feeling like he finally made the right choice. Namjoon looked at Hoseok and raised an eyebrow.

    “That’s more than what Jimin did.” Namjoon scoffed.

    “They may be twins but they’re nothing alike, besides the fact they date-” Hoseok shut his mouth as he received a glare from the older male.

    “I guess I can let you date him but no marrying until I see he’s truly happy.” Namjoon crossed his arms.

    “Yes fine by me, thank you so much, sir.” Taehyung sighed in relief followed by Jungkook jumping on him.