Acceptance

Butterfly

Years after graduation, Taehyung tried slamming the door on Jungkook but the younger one slipped in quick. He never forgot the whole “we’re getting married,” announcement and the ring being shoved into his face.

    “Jimin’s not home and I doubt you’re here for my parents.” Taehyung growled

    “Didn’t you read Jimin’s note?” Jungkook tilted his head in confusion.

Taehyung rose an eyebrow before his father tapped him on the shoulder.

    “Jimin told me to give this to you when you woke up.” Hoseok handed his son a sticky note.

    “I woke up hours ago.” Taehyung stared at his father.

    “Your papa reminded me about it now.”

In the background Taehyung saw his papa, Yoongi, smirking like he was right all the time. Which was true. Taehyung read the note, rolling his eyes before sighing.

    “I'm supposed to spend the day with you so you can get my approval to marry my brother?” Taehyung’s eyebrow was back up.

    “Yes, you’re the only person who doesn’t like me. Even after all these years...” Jungkook stared at the ground.

Taehyung blushed while the latter wasn’t looking, hating that he couldn't tell him why, then cleared his throat.

    “Fine, I will spend the day with you but it’s not going to change the way I feel.” Taehyung spoke while putting on his shoes.

    “I can change that. I will make you love me!” Jungkook was so innocent.

Taehyung choked on his own spit, Jungkook literally has no idea. Once his shoes were on, Jungkook dragged him out of the house before he could blink. Taehyung zoned out while they were walking until he bumped into the latter, who he didn’t notice had stopped.

    “Close your eyes.” The latter instructed.

Taehyung did as he was told and closed his eyes, hoping that he was pushed off a cliff like his heart once was. He felt Jungkook grabbed his hand and lead him somewhere before letting him go.

    “Open them.”

He wanted to be falling but when he opened his eyes and saw their rundown playground with a few touch ups, his eyes closed again. He turned around and proceeded to walk away until Jungkook stood in his way.

    “You can’t leave yet!”

    “I can and I will.” Taehyung’s voice was cold, moving Jungkook aside.

    “I won’t let you!” Jungkook grabbed Taehyung’s arm and pulled him back.

In an instance, they were both on the floor leaving Taehyung no choice but to give in. He left Jungkook on the floor and made his way to a little area that was cleared up. Jungkook must’ve had done this because he never saw a blanket on the floor or a picnic basket there before.

    “Good, you listened.” Jungkook smiled while dusting himself off.

    “I have no other choice..”

For the next hour, Jungkook tried talking to Taehyung who only responded with yeah or no. Taehyung didn’t want to admit it but he actually was enjoying his time with his crush, without his brother.

    “I’m bored, why don’t we go for a walk?” Taehyung suggested.

    “That’s a great idea!” Jungkook jumped right up.

They walked down the busy city streets of Daegu, being their weird selves in the process, running across streets like they were being chased. Taehyung noticed they were walking down the street where his brother’s dance classes were held. He ran ahead to see if his brother was still there but stopped dead in his tracks. He saw his twin brother kissing a girl, while engaged to Jungkook. Taehyung backed away in horror, finally able to comprehend why he felt something was off lately.

    “Is he there?” Jungkook called.

Taehyung turned around and pulled Jungkook away from the window.

    “Jungkook, you have to listen to me carefully. Jimin isn’t who you think he is. He’s a dirty liar!” Taehyung hoped Jungkook would listen to his words, “He’s cheating.” Immediately regretting his decision for telling the truth.

    “Jimin wouldn’t do that! You’re a liar, Taehyung! I’ve tried all day to get you to like me so I would feel approved but you just keep giving me reasons to give up on you!” Jungkook’s eyes were filled with fire, pulling his arm away from Taehyung’s grip.

Without thinking, Taehyung pulled Jungkook close and pressed their lips together. Jungkook pushed Taehyung away in shock, unable to understand what happened.

    “You will never get my approval because you don’t know the way I feel about you. So stop looking for it.” Taehyung growled.

Thunder filled the air as rain began to fall, leaving Jungkook to wonder if those were actual tears or raindrops running down Taehyung’s face before he walked away. Taehyung was filled with mix emotions at the moment. He kissed Jungkook but the latter was still engaged to his brother. He caught his brother cheating but he didn’t want to hurt Jungkook’s like that. But he wanted them to break up!? He shook his head and wiped his tears away, he didn’t want to think about it anymore, his heart hurt too much. When he got home he sat down on the couch and waited for his traitorous brother to arrive. As if on cue, Jimin walked right through the door and saw his twin.

    “How could you?” Taehyung growled.

    “How could I what?” Jimin was confused.

    “I saw you kissing someone that wasn’t Jungkook at the dance studio today.”

Jimin’s eyes widened but he laughed nervously to play it off.

    “I wasn’t kissing anyone. I was showing her a new dance move.”

    “Yeah, with your lips.” Taehyung rolled his eyes.

    “Did Jungkook see?” Jimin bit his lip.

    “I blocked him from it, maybe I should’ve let him see.”

    “Why? So you could swoop in and be his hero? Yeah right. Jungkook is completely infatuated with me and there’s no way he’ll go for you.” Jimin chuckled.

    “Jimin, you knew how I felt for him yet you still asked him out. Why?” Taehyung’s eyes were focused on the cheater.

    “As long as you didn’t have him, I was fine.”

Taehyung stood up from his spot and stared into his brother’s cold eyes.

    “You only asked him out so I couldn’t have him, didn’t you?” Everything was starting to click together.

Jimin stayed quiet and that’s how Taehyung knew he was right.

    “And you call yourself my twin, you’re so selfish! ” Taehyung ran to his room and slammed the door.

He’d rather die from his Papa’s hands than a broken heart.