Conflict

Butterfly

Jungkook and the twins were best friends growing up but as usual, everything changed when they began high school. Jimin became flirty towards the latter making Taehyung upset every time he saw them together. He couldn’t stand the sight of his brother putting his arm around his crush and seeing that blush on his face broke his heart. He wants to think his feelings all started when Jungkook held his hand at a haunted house but it was obvious from their childhood. Jungkook’s hand was so soft and fit perfectly into his hand which reminded him of something his father once told him, “If your hands fit together like a puzzle, you found your missing piece.” Since then he was convinced Jungkook was his match, besides all of the things they have in common as well.

    “V?”

Taehyung sighed when he had to leave his fantasy world to rejoin the cruel reality in front of him. Jimin had an arm around Jungkook’s waist as they walked towards him.

    “Jiminie and I are going to watch a movie tonight, I was wondering if you wanted to join us.” Jungkook flashed that smile that stole his heart.

A movie with Jungkook sounded nice but with his luck, his twin was gonna sit between them. He scowled at the thought and gave his answer.

    “Why would I want to be a third wheel to your little date?” He snapped.

    “But Tae-” Jungkook’s eyes widened in shock before glazing over.

Taehyung gulped at the sight, he’s going to be the only reason Jungkook cries. He turned his head away and scoffed but not before he received a burning glare from Jimin.

    “Whatever.”

Taehyung walked away from the pair and into the bathroom, locking himself in a stall. He will never forget the look on Jungkook’s face after he snapped at him. Every time he interacts with the latter, his broken heart just shatters more. It doesn’t help that he has to ride with them home right after school.

    “How about we see the romance movie?” Jungkook called from the backseat.

    “No, I want to see that new action movie.” Jimin stated.

Taehyung rolled his eyes in the passenger seat, not wanting to hear another word. That conversation went on for 5 more minutes until he couldn’t take it.

    “Stop the car!”

The car came to a screeching stop, letting Taehyung get out with ease. Jimin and Jungkook watched him walk in the opposite direction, unsure of what to do. He didn’t want to deal with their couple quarrel anymore so he just kept walking. Without knowing it he ended up at a small playground, which seemed to be falling apart. Taehyung made his way to a rusted swing set and sat down on the only swing that wasn’t hanging from one chain. That was the park him and Jungkook would always sneak off to when they were younger, Jimin would never know because he was always busy with dance classes. Taehyung would always go there when he would be stressed or when he wanted to get out of the house. No one would be able to find him except for.

    “Taehyung?”

He looked up to see Jungkook walking towards him, causing him to fall off the swing. With the fall it was enough strength for a chain to snap and the swing to hit him in the face. How embarrassing. Jungkook was now by his side, trying to see if he had injured himself.

    “Are you okay? That must’ve hurt.”

    “Who knew swings could be so painful?” Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook laughed before helping him up and once again Taehyung knew Jungkook was the only one who made him feel complete. He didn’t want to let go and he didn’t, what surprised him was that Jungkook didn’t let go either.

    “Is it here, Kookie?”

Taehyung roughly pulled his hand away Jungkook once he heard his brother and felt betrayed. How could he bring his brother there? It was supposed to be their secret only and it’s as if all of their moments there clearly meant nothing to the latter.

    “Tae I-”

    “I don’t want to hear it.” Taehyung ignored the latter and walked past his brother.

Jimin looked confused as his boyfriend started to cry. Taehyung walked home, not having anywhere else to go.