coincidence? nah, you're fated to be with me

a little fate, a little love

a little drabble for all you lovelies

{see author notes down below for more info}

 


 

Maybe it was just meant to be.

 

Mingyu wasn’t really a believer in fate, not in the way it was often described in romance novels as a set sequence of actions designed to lead to one ultimate end. He had never liked the idea of everything being predetermined, it would always make him feel like he had no control over his life. So he had ignored the idea of fate and destiny. He’d ignored it even though he’d made it through the almost unbelievable process of training to be an idol in the Korean music industry and debuting. Seriously, how many people get to debut in a group that ends up developing such widespread commercial appeal whilst maintaining such a loyal fan base? Somehow Mingyu had, yet despite this, he refused to accept the possible role of fate in his achievement of being part of Seventeen.

 

But here, in Sydney, in the middle of this fan-meeting, with his shirt sticking to his torso and the room feeling uncomfortably hot stood Mingyu, post-it in hand.

 

And Mingyu might have just begun to believe in fate right this very second.

Why?

Because some blessed soul had suggested a blinking game between him and one of the other members.

 

 

 

Maybe it was fate that made Mingyu blurt out Minghao’s name. Maybe it was his own stupidity.

Either way, he was now standing forehead to forehead with the Chinese boy, eyes closed in order to prepare to achieve the maximum time he could for the game. The aim was to beat Minghao, of course.

 

 

The aim had always been to beat Minghao. You could see it in their playful fights and banter, in their constant savage putdowns of the other. Mingyu would forever be proud of the height advantage he had over the other boy, it always came in handy whenever he wanted to be the big spoon to Minghao’s little one...

 

The second the game started, Mingyu and Minghao opened their eyes simultaneously, Mingyu planning on using this opportunity to cement the legendary position of his and Minghao’s “fights” in fandom history.

 

 

 

 

What Mingyu hadn’t planned for was the way time almost seemed to stop still the second he looked into Minghao’s eyes, or the way he could count each and every single beautiful eyelash belonging to the boy. How he could see nothing but Minghao, how the roars and screams of the fan-girls were drowned out by one of s (most probably Soonyoung) shouting “KISS, KISS”, how Minghao almost blinked and broke eye-contact when he heard Soonyoung’s words.

 

 

 

 

Maybe it was fate. Maybe it wasn’t.

 

Whatever the reason, Mingyu would gladly take the little smile and doe eyes Minghao shyly shot at him. Somehow, it was enough to force Mingyu to stop himself from kissing his Chinese boyfriend right there on stage.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

(It didn’t stop Mingyu from aggressively making out with Minghao backstage after the fan-meeting was over though). 

 

 

 

 

 

 


hope you enjoyed this little drabble! if you have any questions or prompts, you can ask me on twitter @bombayseoul 

x