- PROBLEM TWO -

Observation

 

 

Choi Youngjae overdid it with his adoration for Mark sometimes. He was half-infatuated, half-show. It was true that they were Coco’s “parents,” which was part of the half-infatuation and according to a recent decision by “judge” Yugyeom at one of their fan-meetings, Mark was the father and Youngjae the mother of their pet-dog. The thing Jackson didn’t understand was, why exactly did Mark decide to have a “baby” together with Youngjae out of all the members. As far as Jackson knew, these two were the most awkward with each other for the longest time, so awkward that they had the biggest fight in Got7. A lot of serious accusations had been exchanged, a lot of screaming had been going on, a car had been broken, and because of what? Because of a simple misunderstanding by Youngjae. Jackson had never before seen Mark vibrate with so much suppressed anger till he had exploded and let it all out on an air-conditioner. Jackson had never before seen such a miserable and apologetic Youngjae either after Mark had run off and the misunderstanding had been cleared. It had been Jackson who had mediated between the two till they had made up. Jackson had shown Mark how to act around and talk to the more outgoing member, had told him it was okay to talk to Youngjae in English from time to time because Youngjae needed and wanted the practice. That had been how Mark had made Jackson and Youngjae’s thing to his and Youngjae’s thing, having funny English exchanges here and there. Jackson had also shown Youngjae how to treat the quieter member with more care and patience than usual to prevent another misunderstanding, had told him that Mark never ever meant ill, that Mark’s shyness had never been pretence and he really had been and was a pure-hearted and honest person who made others in his presence either doubtful of his motives or awestruck with a yearning for the same angelic state. Youngjae had needed his time but he had learned his lesson and opened up to Mark’s charms, or apparently had fallen for them, if Jackson thought about it. Mark hadn’t been any different, he had developed a soft spot for Youngjae ever since their fight, being ashamed of his outburst and of scaring Youngjae, telling him that families grew closer through fighting though, because it led to improved communication between the members, basically citing Jackson’s words that had been dropped during the mediation. Jackson had rolled his eyes at Mark’s unoriginal word-choice but had forgiven him as long as the two had made up. Jackson only regretted his mediator role a little bit when Youngjae’s “half-show”-part started. Youngjae and Mark had a public fit of jealousy over eating meals without one another and uploaded their pictures all over Instagram while calling each other out as Coco’s mom and dad. To be honest, Jackson thought it was funny. To be really honest, Jackson thought it was funny right to the point when Youngjae started calling Mark his beloved “Oppa,” publicly told the other members to back off and not get involved in “their” matters and that while he was cross-dressed for their concert. It was a joke which developed into Youngjae’s personal running gag, Jackson knew better than anyone else. He was still getting sick of it since it was the one thing that disillusioned him. So Jackson talked to Youngjae and told him to tone it down a little. Next thing he knew, sweet and poor Youngjae deleted all of his Instagram account’s content. Afterwards, Jackson regretted it and felt like . What he couldn’t undo, was, how Mark squeezed Youngjae’s hands more often, as if in quiet sympathy for Youngjae’s sudden sadness and how Youngjae shone brighter than the sun every time Mark did that or talked and posted anything about Coco. The worst part, however, was, that now Jackson noticed all these little things crystal clearly.