- PROBLEM ONE -

Observation

 

 

Kim Yugyeom was the most obvious, yet his love was the most understandable one, a harmless infatuation of the giant baby with the eldest Hyung in the group. It started during their trainee days with Yugyeom following Mark around like a lost puppy, copying his hairstyle to the point they looked like brothers, and Mark not even denying it when they were called just that. So how could Yugyeom not be infatuated? Mark did everything a role-model Hyung would for Yugyeom to admire him like that. He treated Yugyeom to meals every day, let Yugyeom sleep in his bed when there was no other space in the trainee dormitories and called for Yugyeom to sleep with him when there was every other space every time he took a nap on green grass because that was what Mark liked to do as a nature boy. Mark even took him on a trip to L.A. over New Year’s that one time, let Yugyeom live with him and his parents, shared his American friends with Yugyeom, showed him Hollywood, took him to Disneyland and even to Las Vegas. So, after their Lunar New Year’s holidays a few months later, when Yugyeom returned the favour and invited Mark to his own hometown Namyangjoo, nobody questioned why they made up the nick names Kim Mark and Tuan Yugyeom for each other, or why they seemed like newlyweds returning from their ing honeymoon. Everybody was happy for them and complimented them on their improved relationship. So did Jackson. Even if it bothered him, he wouldn’t show or didn’t know it at that time, that Yugyeom’s “harmless infatuation” was a problem. Neither did he know it when he realised that Mark was the only member Yugyeom couldn’t pull a successful prank on or that Yugyeom had only involved Mark in all of his pranks on the other members for his Yugyeom TV show before. Jackson did not even know it when he lay awake at night, thinking about how Yugyeom was the only member that Mark kissed on the lips accidentally during a mouth-to-mouth-paper-game, twice. It took Jackson their second Winter and New Year’s holidays after their debut and a distance of thousands of miles to know, he was in Thailand with Bambam while he heard that Yugyeom and Mark spent their third official holidays together at a ski resort. That’s when the glass shattered.