First meeting

Partners

*This fanfic will be based on a lot of Japanese Police detective dramas and Detective Conan my favorite Anime of all time just so you know ;)

Today is Myoui Mina’s first day at her new job as a police detective. She was a former patrol officer at a local station until she was recently notified that she would be moving to the headquarters as a police detective. The headquarters is the most important building in the whole police system and being able to work as a police detective there was a privilege not many officers can have. Mina was excited to work here and was now holding her boxes of things and was getting on the elevator. She was glad that she was the only one on the elevator when suddenly someone slid in right when the elevator doors were about to close.

Mina almost gasped when she saw who had come in the elevator. That person was a tall girl who had long dirty blonde hair and was absolutely gorgeous and stunning. Mina had never seen someone this beautiful before. She was totally immersed in staring at the women beside her that she had forgotten to say her greetings.

“G-Good Morning” Mina suddenly stuttered.  

“Good Morning,” the girl nonchalantly replied back

 

The elevator then arrived at the floor she was getting off and as she was picking her box up and was about to bid farewell to the pretty girl next to her when the girl got off the elevator without saying anything and quickly walked past to wherever she was headed to.

Mina also left the elevator quickening her pace to see that she was almost late! She saw the sign for department 1, which is her new station and quickly turned right only to bump into the back of the girl she was on the elevator with.

“S-Sorry I was in a hurry!” Mina quickly said holding her head at the same time. She was surprised that the beautiful girl had quite a muscular and hard back.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it. Why are you following me though?” the girl heavily sighed.

Mina was about to argue that she wasn’t when someone suddenly shouted: “There you are Myoui! I thought you were lost! Oh hey you’re with Momo its good the two of you are together. Since you will be working alongside each other now.” It was Jihyo, her boss.

Before Mina could reply, the girl who was called Momo angrily replied, “What?! This newbie is my new partner?! Jihyo didn’t we talk countless times about me not having a partner. You know I don’t work well with one. You’ve also been through me you remember right?”

“About the partner thing, I believe I also submitted a paper saying I preferred working alone,” Mina added.

 

Jihyo just sighed and stared at them. “I know you guys don’t like working with someone but you know the rules. We want everyone to have a buddy in case something happens. I know Momo can probably handle most things on her own, but Mina, you’re a newbie. You need someone to guide you and Momo’s a perfect candidate for that. She’s one of the most elite detectives in the country. And sorry Momo that I have to give you a partner but everyone else here already has one so you’re the only on left that can be her partner. Plus you need one too.”

“What about Dahyun?” Momo scowled.

“Dahyun has a partner now. She also started today like Mina. You might know her from police academy Mina. Her name is Chaeyoung.”

“Yes I do know her Detective Jihyo.” Mina smiled.

“Just call me Jihyo. I don’t like formalities. And your desk is that one over there by the window next to Momo’s. You should start sorting your things.” Jihyo smiled back.

“Thank you Jihyo I will,” Mina happily replied and went over to her desk and started unpacking her box. Momo just scowled at Jihyo and left the room. Jihyo heavily sighed again before running after Momo.

 

While Mina was unpacking her things, someone came up behind her saying, “Hey Mina, it’s been a while. You remember me right?” Mina turned around to see a smiling girl. “Of course I remember you, Chaeyoung. My best friend in police academy,” Mina said smiling. Chaeyoung was one of her best friends in police academy but lost in touch with her when they graduated and were positioned in different stations.

Chaeyoung then suddenly put on a serious expression and said, “Good luck Mina Oneechan (which is sister or unnie in Japanese) with Momo Senpai. I heard from my partner Dahyun Senpai that she is very cold and strict to her partners. That whatever you do don’t go against her and listen to what she says. I don’t want you to get hurt or fired.”

“Is she that bad? I mean she’s that beautiful and has the brains, she can’t be that horrible right?” Mina asked worryingly.

“She may be beautiful but as people say, the most beautiful roses have the most thorns you know. She’s as beautiful as a snow leopard but dangerous as one too. I’m Kim Dahyun, Chaeyoung’s partner by the way. Nice to meet you.” Dahyun laughed.

“I see. I need to be careful then. I don’t want to be jobless yet. Nice to meet you too Detective Dahyun.” Mina replied back.

“Call me Dahyun. I’m probably younger than you since I’m just a year younger older than Chae here. Plus I don’t like formalities like Jihyo. Most of us don’t here except for a few.” Dahyun casually replied back.

“What?! You’re so young and yet already a police detective? That’s amazing.” Mina said with gleaming eyes.

“Hey you’re still young too and I just entered here last year, making me the same as Chaeyoungie. You should be aweing Momo Senpai and Jihyo Senpai. They were the top of their classes. By the way Jihyo is the same age as you Mina. But Momo Senpai, she graduated college at 16 and graduated police academy by 18 and was offered a spot right away here. She really is amazing.” Dahyun said in awe.

“Technically Mina Oneechan could have been like Jihyo and Momo Senpai too. It’s just that she refused the offer to come here the first time. Dahyun Senpai Oneechan was also top of her class you know?” Chaeyoung suddenly added.

“Ah let’s not bring that up Chaeyoung. Jihyo and Momo Senpai are definitely more skilled than me that’s for sure. Plus I’m not regretting the decision I made back then. Plus I’m here now aren’t I?” Mina winked.

“Well it was interesting to know you were the top of your class Mina. If the others hear that they’ll probably be really interested in you. A lot of jealousy might erupt too so I suggest you stay low about that. Also Chae and I should get going to our first duty. You should go find Momo Senpai since you can’t really work or do anything without being with her. She’s most likely in the coffee room. See ya later.” Dahyun supplied.

 

As they left the room, Mina followed behind trying to go find the coffee room that Dahyun said she should look. After wandering around the floor she finally found it. She knocked and opened the door to see a surprised Jihyo and reactionless Momo in front of her.

“Hey Mina I’m surprised you were able to find this place, let alone find us.” Jihyo said.

“Dahyun told me you guys would probably be here and that I should go find you guys” Mina admitted shyly.

“I figured. Well now that we have both of you together, I’ll be giving you your first mission as partners. There’s been quite a few burglary cases in the residential district of ^&*^&% area. I want you guys to go patrol the area and ask the people around if they saw any suspicious activity or people. AS A TEAM OK? No leaving the other behind? Got that? Especially you Momo. And teach her while at it. Don’t ignore her and get mad just because she’s new. And Mina you need to report if Momo does leave you behind or gets mad at you ok?” Jihyo grinned.

“Ok. Jihyo. Please take care of me Hirai-san.” Mina replied.

“Alright. I’m only doing this because it’s work and you Jihyo. Myoui I’m warning you ahead of time. Just don’t get in my way. Now let’s go. Hurry up or I’m going to leave you. We don’t have all day.” Momo quickly said and started to leave.

“YAH!! What did I just say about leaving your partner behind HIRAI MOMO!” Jihyo then shouted.

Momo just waved her hand as she walked out the door. Mina following right behind her not wanting to get on Momo’s bad side.

 

 * Thank you so much for subscribing when this story wasn't even out yet!! I'm really happy. Sorry that it's a little choppy since I haven't written much. Please also forgive me if I have grammatical errors in there. I might not update so much because of my busy schedule but I hope you guys enjoy the story!