Alternate Ending 2: Chanbin

Narcissus

Chanwoo was awoken by an unusual wetness on his face. It was raining. Heavy rain, in fact. Chanwoo tried to stand up, but his head felt hazy. “Why? What happened? Oh, right… Junhoe dumped me.”, he thought. Regardless, he mustered all his strength to stood up.

“Have to go home…”, he thought. With that, he started walking and walking. He wasn’t actually sure where he was heading. The rain got so heavy it’s very hard to see where he was going.

His legs were weak, and he fell down again. This time, tears started flowing again. He felt… weak. Why must this happen to him? Why is he so weak that he got destroyed after only one heart break?

But suddenly, he could feel the rain stopped. When he looked up, he could see an umbrella covering him from the rain. And he looked at the man that hold the umbrella…

He was Hanbin!

Upon seeing Hanbin, Chanwoo jumped forward to hug Hanbin and started crying on his shoulder. Hanbin didn’t say anything. Instead he just quietly patted Chanwoo’s back.

After a while, Chanwoo finally got calmer. Then, Hanbin said, “Let’s go home.”


 

As soon as they got home, Hanbin quickly made some warm food for Chanwoo while Chanwoo was drying himself. As Chanwoo was eating, Hanbin sat next to him. Despite being able to guess what happened, Hanbin still asked, “Do you mind telling me what happened?”.

Hearing the question, Chanwoo looked at Hanbin, and his eyes started getting teary again. Seeing that, Hanbin pulled Chanwoo for a hug, “There, there… That’s ok. You don’t need to tell me. I won’t ask again.”

“No, I’ll answer…”, Chanwoo finally said. Then, he told Hanbin everything that happened that day. After hearing everything, Hanbin pulled Chanwoo for another hug, “You’re home now. Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you.”


 

A few days later, Chanwoo has completely regained his happiness. Junhoe still never contacted him again, but that didn’t seem to disturb Chanwoo. In fact, Chanwoo assigned his work with Junhoe’s company to someone else so he doesn’t have to be constantly reminded of how he fell for Junhoe.

One day, Hanbin has asked Chanwoo to arrive home early. No reason was given, except “It’s a surprise.”.

When Chanwoo went home, the lights in his house were all dimmed. He walked around for a while, being careful not to step on anything, and, as soon as he reached the living room, he could see a trail of something. He examined the trail, and recognized them as photos: Photos from all his times with Hanbin, all the way from their first childhood photo together, to a photo that Hanbin took yesterday out of the blue.

The trails led him toward the dining room, where Hanbin was seated in the dining table. The table was decorated with candles, roses, and trays of food.

Upon seeing the view, Chanwoo suddenly started crying. Hanbin was obviously surprised, and he went to hug Chanwoo. “Why are you crying?”, he asked.

“No… It’s just… This must’ve been a hard work…”, Chanwoo said while sobbing.

“No, it’s not.”, Hanbin said. “For you, it’s not.”, he added.

Chanwoo smiled at Hanbin’s word. “Cheesy doesn’t fit you.”, he commented.

“Oh, I see. So you want me to be a jerk? Ok. Chanwoo! Make me dinner!”, Hanbin playfully said.

Chanwoo could only laughed at Hanbin. “You’re so annoying.”, he said.

“Why don’t you shut this annoying mouth with a kiss?”, Hanbin offered.

Without hesitation, Chanwoo closed the gap between them and kissed Hanbin.

After the kiss, Hanbin commented, “That was sloppy. But we could work on it.”.

“So annoying…”, Chanwoo said while smirking.

“Kiss me again then.”

And they kissed again.