Chapter 4

Don't give up on us

Yeunjung and Chaeyeon nudged each other, giggling silently. They were currently staring at Yoojung who was smiling happily to herself while clutching her phone in her tiny hands.

'Can you believe that just a few weeks ago, she was panicking over every little text? Now she's doing it all the time...' Yeunjung sighed before whispering, 'Our children grow up so fast!' as she wiped a fake tear.

'Do you think it's going well??' Chaeyeon asked curiously, standing on her tiptoes to try and sneak a peek at the phone even they were way too far to see anything.

'I hope so! She seems to really like the girl...it'd be great if everything worked out' before Chayeon could respond, Yoojung suddenly whipped her head around and stared at the girls. 

'How long have you guys been standing there?!' She looked so confused.

'Just a minute or so! Uhh, what are you doing?' Chayeon said nearly nonchalantly.

'I was just, uh, texting Yejin! I'm off to training! Bye guys!' Yoojung quickly gathered her stuff and ran off.

'She's totally going to meet Doyeon, isn't she?' Yeunjung said excitedly, causing Chaeyeon to scoff and reply, 'Well, duh!'

*

Yoojung skipped happily out of school. No tutoring today mean she could practice all afternoon! It had been a while.

As she wondered about what dances to practice and what raps to write, she felt a vibration in her pocket and fished her phone out.

From: Dodojjyu
To: Yoojungjjyu

Hi, little one! What are your plans today? No tutoring, right??

From: Yoojungjjyu
To: Dodojjyu

Off to the fantagio building for training! It's the monthly evaluation soon >_<

From: Dodojjyu
To: Yoojungjjyu

Aww man :(( I have no practice today and wanted to hang out...I guess I'll just sit at home...alone...with no one to talk to :((

From: Yoojungjjyu
To: Dodojjyu

You can come and sit with me while I practice? It'll be boring for you though?

From: Dodojjyu
To: Yoojungjjyu

Sounds like a plan! To be honest, I started walking there as soon as you said you were going ;)

*

As expected, Doyeon had got there first because longer legs = more distance covered per minute. How could Yoojung beat that giant?

'Jungie!!!! Let's go inside! I really really want to see what it's like in there!' Doyeon grabbed the smaller girl and dragged her inside. 

'Doyeon!! Wait a second, let me get my card out. Did you really expect to get in without some form of verification?' Yoojung smiled slightly at the excited girl before opening the gates with her card. 

'Waaah!!' Doyeon snatched the card and stared at it, 'You look totally cute in the picture!'

'Shut up!' Yoojung hit the other lightly before getting her card back and running ahead, making sure the other couldn't see her slowly reddening cheeks.

*

'Okay. How about this one?!' Doyeon clicked another song on her phone. 'You can't possibly know the whole dance for like 10 different songs?'

Yoojung faked a confused look as the opening for SNSD's 'I Got A Boy' blasted through the speakers.

She looked in the mirror to see a very satisfied Doyeon behind her, believing that she had defeated Yoojung. Boy, how wrong she was.

'Hey, let me introduce myself!' Yoojung shouted in broken English. 'Heeeeere comes trouble!' Yoojung gave Doyeon a cute wink before starting to dance and sing.

As the song went on and Yoojung did each move perfectly, Doyeon was left speechless. How can so much talent be put in that tiny body?

The song ended and Yoojung sat on the floor exhausted. 'Doyeon-ah! How was my dancing?' 

Doyeon shook out of her daze. 'Huh? Oh it was great, Yoojung!! I didn't know you were so good!'

Yoojung covered her face with her hands, 'Wow, Kim Doyeon! I didn't expect you to actually compliment me...I'm shy now' she giggled as she ran over to the corner to get a drink of water.

'Come over here and rest! I feel bad that I made you dance to so many songs!' Doyeon patted the floor next to her.

'Doyeon...' Yoojung said quietly as she sat down. 'Do you want to be a trainee?' 

Doyeon really wasn't expecting that question to come out of Yoojung's mouth. Her once mischievous smile had turned into a very nervous and awkward one.

'Why are you suddenly asking that?' Doyeon bit her lip. Not even she could answer that question.

'I don't know, really. It's just that I've heard you sing and you have a pretty voice. I've seen you dance randomly and it was actually pretty good. Not to mention you have the face of an idol already...' Yoojung got up and ruffled Doyeon's hair, 'But if you don't want to then forget what I said!'

*

Doyeon was sat on the bleachers, watching the other cheerleaders practice. She had made up some excuse about feeling sick so Nayoung let her sit out. 

She was torn after what Yoojung had brought up the day before. Ever since she met the adorable girl, she got a closer look at trainee life. And if she was going to be honest, it looked amazing.

She never even knew that she had a passion for performing until she first visited the Fantagio building with Yoojung. It was just her trying to make the other laugh at the time, but now that she looks back on it, it was exhilarating to dance and sing in front of someone. She couldn't even begin to imagine how it would be for a big group of people. 

Before Yoojung, she didn't really have a dream. She was just living life, waiting for a sign to come hit her in the face and tell her what to do. I guess the universe had sent Yoojung to do that.

All this talk about life before Yoojung made it seem like she was unhappy before. This wasn't the case. However, Doyeon belatedly realised that it wasn't that she was unhappy before. It's that she's overwhelmingly happy now. And it's all thanks to her.