Chapter 2

Don't give up on us

Yoojung paced back and forth in front of Doyeon's locker. It was now the day after and Yoojung realised that she had no idea where Doyeon would be, making her mission of giving the girl's bag back more difficult. She also didn't really feel like it after Doyeon had basically ran away from her yesterday. She had thought everything was going well but that must have been her wishful thinking.

Yoojung clutched the bag tightly...she just had to woman up and quickly look for the girl. She remembers that Doyeon is in a different class than her and thinks, who else does she know in Doyeon's class? 

*

Doyeon laid her head on her desk. She was so sleepy, she was up late the night before watching dance practices of different songs. Talking to Yoojung had really reminded her of her passion. Speaking of the cute girl...where was she? She had promised to give Doyeon back her bag. To be fairly honest, she didn't care about the bag, she just wanted to see the girl again. 

Doyeon quickly glanced at the classroom door quickly to check but sadly, Yoojung was not there. She decided to give up and try get some sleep before the teacher came.

'Psst!!' Doyeon heard.

'Psssssssstttt!!!!!' It got louder and Doyeon felt like it was being aimed at her but she really couldn't be bothered to look up and just ignored it. 

She waited a bit and the noise had stopped. Whoever it was had probably left her alo-

Thud.

Doyeon felt a sharp pain on her head and looked up. Her classmate, Kang Mina, had flung something at her head and was smiling guiltily at her. As she looked down, she realised it was her bag. The one she had lent Yoojung yesterday. What was Mina doing throwing it at her head?

She turned to girl, seeing an apologetic look on her baby face. 'Sorry!' She mouthed. The girl was too cute to stay mad at so Doyeon just took a deep breath before saying, 'How did yo-' before she was cut off by the teacher entering. Miss Lee was not a morning person and would definitely give her detention if she tried to talk now so she quickly shut .

Mina looked at the front of the classroom quickly to ensure the teacher wasn't looking before dramatically mouthing 'LOOK IN THE BAG!'

Doyeon slyly put the bag in her lap and teacher inside. After looking, she found a folded up note.

'Doyeon-ssi! I'm sorry I couldn't give this to you in person, hopefully Mina will get it to you safely! Thank you so much for everything yesterday! I really appreciate it!

Sincerely, Choi Yoojung :)'

Doyeon turned the page. That was it?? No phone number, no 'let's meet up again', no nothing?! She couldn't help but pout. Spending time with Yoojung was so great, but she supposed the girl didn't think the same...

Doyeon stopped reading the note but just couldn't stop thinking about Yoojung. Why was this bothering her that much??

*

'Yoojungie!' arms were thrown round Yoojung's small figure and were suddenly squeezing the life out of her. 

'Ch-Chayeon! Sto-' Yoojung coughed out. Why was everyone trying to kill her with hugs these days?

'I'm sorry Jungie, I just feel so bad that I ditched you yesterday!' Chaeyeon finally let go and looked at the girl sadly. 

'Uh it's fine...I, uh, actually walked there with someone!' 

'Oh really? Who?'

'Kim Doyeon.'

Chaeyeon's eyebrows furrowed. 'The tall girl in my cheerleading squad?' 

'Uh, unnie, You went to one practice and gave up...I don't think you're part of it anymore.' Yoojung giggled at the memory of Chayeon doing a cartwheel, kicking her shoes off mid air and then having them land on her head when she finished. 

'Whatever! I still go to some of their practices! Heehyun talks to me during their breaks' Chaeyeon pushed the girl slightly, annoyed because even though she hadn't said anything about the incident, she knew exactly what she was thinking. 'Anyway...what were you doing with her?'

'It's a long story...and I got to go to music club. Bye, Chaeyeonie!!' Yoojung quickly ran away from the confused girl. She shouldn't have mentioned Doyeon. What if she thought that Yoojung was pretending they were friends? That was just an awkward encounter waiting to happen. They only spent one afternoon together and besides, Doyeon would never want to befriend someone like Yoojung...would she?

*

'Mina!!' Doyeon shouted. She had been waiting for the girl to walk past but had blanked out and nearly missed her. 

The girl turned around. 'Doyeon?' 

'Just the person I've been looking for! You know Yoojung?'

Mina nodded, 'She was in my dance class when we were little so I guess we're childhood friends...why are you asking?'

'I just uh...' Doyeon thought about it. Why was she asking about Yoojung? She had got her bag back, she got a thank you. What else did she need? 

'I uh...never mind. Sorry for bothering you...' Doyeon quickly turned her back on Mina and started walking away. 'Kim Doyeon...what is wrong with you?', she asked herself.

*

Yoojung sat down in the corner of the field. She was stuck watching the boy's soccer team practice because she had to go round her aunt's house for dinner. Her cousin had promised to drive her there but only if she put up with the torture that is watching a bunch of sweaty boys kick a ball back and forth. She sighed, taking out her phone from her pocket and unlocking it. She may as well text someone to stop herself from being bored.

'Yoodaengie!' She heard a familiar voice coming from behind her. She turned her head and saw him. Park Minhyuk. Her first crush.

'M-Minhyuk!' She stuttered nervously, dropping her phone on the grass.

'Be careful, kiddo!' He picked up the phone before she could and carefully placed the phone in her small hands. 

'Thanks...' She looked down at her phone, too shy to look up in his kind brown eyes.

'I just wanted to ask you how you're doing! We barely practice together anymore, I miss you!' He smiled with so much warmth that Yoojung could literally feel herself melting.

'Well, I've had to go to tutoring lately...my grades have been going down and my parents are getting upset. I still practice 4 times a week though but usually quite late...' Yoojung sighed. Trainee life was hard and it was really nice to finally talk to someone who understood.

'Well, when you next practice, call me! I miss our impromptu dance battles! You're always the most fun to practice with!' He playfully ruffled her hair before pulling her into a quick hug, 'Anyway, Yoodaengie, I got to go! Say hi to Moon Bin for me!' And with that, Minhyuk left.

Yoojung stood there, completely still. Minhyuk and her were the first idol trainees in Fantagio and had basically grown up together. She had developed a crush on him very early but she knew he only saw her as a little sister. Scared of rejection she had never dared confess. Besides, everyone's first love deserves to be special, Yoojung would hate to ruin it by getting rejected. She sighed, her love life was truly pathetic.

Finally recovering from that, she sat back down, trying to focus on distracting herself when she heard yet more footsteps behind her.

'Yo-Yoojung?' She turned around and saw a very nervous Doyeon standing a few metres away.

*

'Sorry for being harsh on you yesterday, Doyeon - ah. I was just worried' Nayoung hugged the girl lightly before smiling and walking away. Doyeon smiled, everyone on this team was too nice to her. She was reckless yesterday but...it led to her meeting Yoojung so she didn't really regret it.

Speaking of the girl...was that her over there? She seemed to be watching the soccer team practice.

Doyeon was torn. Did she want to let the other cheerleaders down again by missing practice to talk to Yoojung? The answer was no. But she also needed to talk to the girl. She seems to be impossible to find! Doyeon had looked for her all lunch but failed. And come to think of it, she had never really seen Yoojung before yesterday. She wasn't going to miss her chance.

'Nayoung unnie!' Doyeon took a deep breath. 'Just tell her!', she thought to herself. 'I...need to pee! I'll be right back!' Without looking back, Doyeon ran in Yoojung's direction before anyone stopes her.

When she had nearly reached the tree the girl was sitting by, she saw someone run up to the girl. It seemed to be a boy. Who was he? She watched them talk for a while with her arms crossed. She knows she shouldn't be annoyed but...she was about to talk to Yoojung before this guy got there!

He got up to leave and Doyeon sighed in relief, she needed to get ba-

She gasped lightly. Yoojung and the mystery guy were hugging! Were they dating? She watched him walk away, her face filled with confusion.

What was I doing again?

Doyeon snapped out of it and continued to walk towards the girl. She was here to talk to Yoojung. She shouldn't let what she saw her affect her, besides...why should she care who Yoojung hugs?