Scaring Sera (Part 2)

Tales After Dark Presents: Skream Kweens

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the long wait since I had been busy with my new job and also moving to a new house. I know all of us are busy with life and everything else but in the end, I always come back to my stories and update with new chapters. So I hope you all enjoy the second part because you all will be in for a scare...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that horrifying night, So Hyun was acting weird which alarmed her cousins, the maid and her grandmother. She would throw her food on the floor, stay away from the light outside or sit quietly and brooding while carrying the Sera doll like a child. Her grandmother tried to approach her but she started to strangle her whilst screaming at her in anger before Shin Young, Taeyeon and Bom had to pull her off and injected her with a sleep medication to avoid further harm. 

"I think it's time that she knows the truth...." Shin Young advised Bom and Taeyeon who put down an unconscious So Hyun on the bed.

"Unnie's right, we need to do something before it's too late.." Taeyeon whispered while the ladies nodded.

"We need to prevent her from the curse, only one person can save her from her doom..." Bom whispered while they started to arrange things in the room while So Hyun was still asleep, oblivious to her surroundings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Hyun woke up from her sleep and tried to get up when she saw Shin Young, Taeyeon and Bom huddled around her in a circle and also saw a figure sitting opposite her. 

"W-What's going on here...? Where a-am I...?" So Hyun felt confused and tried to get up while the women held her carefully due to her weak state. The person walked towards her and sat down in front of her in the bed. So Hyun realised the person was Yoo Jung who had died years ago.

"I know you have questions in your mind but it's best for you to know the terrifying secret that the family kept for many years..." Shin Young replied while the rest nodded makling So Hyun feel puzzled.

Yoo Jung held her hand and gave a sad smile while nodding at the women to tell the hidden truth to So Hyun.

"Halamoni is not the woman you think she is, she is a dangerous witch that practices black magic and sacrifices any female member part of the Kim bloodline for their beauty to grant her immortalilty!" Tae Yeon confessed making So Hyun gasp in horror.

"Her husband left her for a younger woman, she felt so much anger and humiliation that she sold her soul to the devil and practiced black magic and the souls of women for their beauty to keep her immortal. She became so evil that she sacrificed Shin Young Unni's and Tae Yeon-sshi's mother for immortality." Bom further confessed while the women had tears in their eyes. Yoo Jung closed So Hyun eyes to make her see a vision from her past.

"Yoo Jung and your Appa were the closest twins in this family, he was fun and playful and she was pure and caring and we all lived like a normal family, then one day it changed when she was tricked and killed by that witch before she had sacrificed her too!" Shin Young exclaimed in tears while the silent Yoo Jung nodded in sadness and So Hyun teared up seeing her death.

"Your Appa found out later when he witnessed her practising black magic in her secret room. He realised that he could be in danger if his future daughters were to be killed, he decided to run away and wanted to save us but we told him to save himself so that he won't be in danger. To avoid being sacrifices, Shin Young Unni put a spell that made her a little bigger and I had accidentally fell out the window which had scarred half of my face." Tae Yeon confessed while revealing her scar to So Yeon.

"The witch realised she was running out of time and after many years, she finally tracked down your father who moved on and once she found out about you, she decided to execute her plan by murdering your parents and then staged an accident so she can take you away in the guise of being a family." Bom finished while So Hyun was reeling from the shock and sadness of her family being killed for greed.

"Bom's family had practised their gifts to heal people and keep their roaming spirits until their final wish was fulfilled. Bom had managed to save Yoo Jung from dying by transferring her soul into an antique doll named Sera and when needed, the spirit will be resurrected to fulfill her revenge for her death and others before her. Mianhe that we had used your body to get Yoo Jung back to life and bring her justice..." Shin Young and the others bowed in apology.

"A-Aniyo! I understand what you had to do was to bring justice to the victims that were killed, but what do we do now that we all are here..." So Hyun wondered before Yoo Jung broke her silence.

"It's time that my own mother gets what she deserves, she will be punished in a way that no one will think about harming innocent lives..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The witch knew she was running out of time and needed to complete her sacrifice by killing So Hyun. She never expected So Hyun to act weird and mostly angry to nearly strangle her before she was subdued. She was preparing the black magic ritual in the living room floor with a circle and the tools needed to kill.

"At last my ritual is completed, I just need to get So Hyun's body and be immortal forever..." The witch smirked at her plan but before she could do anything...

"CRASH!" The windows opened everywhere in the mansion and the lights went out which alarmed the witch. She stood up to look around and heard someone calling her.

"Omma..." She looked back and saw So Hyun standing with a secret menacing look on her face which alarmed her.

"S-So Hyun-ah...you should be resting now..." The witch tried to convince So Hyun, not realising that she was possessed by Yoo Jung's spirit.

"Why did you do this to me? I was your own daughter, you only cared about yourself!" So Hyun screamed at the witch who was moving back away.

"So Hyun-ah what are you talking about...?" The witch felt puzzled as how So Hyun was telling her about the murder..

"I know what you did! You killed Soo Young just to get immortality, and when you realised that I knew about it, you also killed me the same way. Just for your own greed! And then you killed Oppa and his family and trying to kill his daughter, now you will pay for your sins!" The witch realised that Yoo Jung came back from the dead to get her revenge.

She tried to run away but Shin Young, Tae Yeon and Bom blocked her from leaving and chanted a spell which summoned all the former victims as reanimated corpses that were buried in the mansion, including So Hyun's parents spirit, whilst Yoo Jung left So Hyun's body to join the corpses to kill the witch. The witched ran towards the terrace to escape but the corpses were gathering around her while Yoo Jung slowly went towards.

So Hyun and the rest went running upstairs to witness the witch's comeuppance at the hands of the victims.

"Please don't kill me! Mianhemida!" The witch begged for her life before Yoo Jung pushed her off the terrace while the witch's body was crumbled to dust. The corpses disappeared leaving the spirits of Yoo Jung, Soo Young and So Hyun's parents standing with the family. 

Shin Young and Tae Yeon hugged their mother with tears in their eyes, whilst Yoo Jung hugged her older brother and Bom as old friends and So Hyun hugged her mother in an emotional reunion.

"Kamsahamnida for your help So Hyun..." Yoo Jung thanked So Hyun who held her hands in gratitude while So Hyun shook her head. Her parents huddled around her one last time.

"Minahe I didn't tell you about this, I didn't want you to fall victim to her evil motives.." So Hyun's father apologised while So Hyun's teared up hearing them speak.

"Aniya! You did this to protect me and I couldn't be there so see you for the last time..." So Hyun replied in tears while her mother wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.

"You made us proud honey, I hope you take care of yourself and the family...." So Hyun's mother replied while So Hyun nodded her head and left them to join her new family.

The women huddled next to her and saw the spirits their loved ones waving goodbye with smiles and tears in their eyes before disappearing into the sky to join the afterlife.

The dawn finally came once the sun rose in the sky and the darkness finally disappeared everywhere from the mansion. After years of evil that surrounded their family for years is finally gone and the remaining members finally feel at peace while they stepped out further to the terrace to feel the warmth of the daylight in the sky...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End Of The Second Story

04 February 2019