T'Was The Fright Before Christmas (Part 1)

Tales After Dark Presents: Skream Kweens

Hey everyone! I hope you guys are good as always and since Halloween is coming soon this week, I decided to post the first chapter of the first of the three tales and it's a re-telling of a classic episode called And All Through The House from Tales From The Crypt. I hope you guys enjoy your week and Happy Halloween to the readers that love a good scary story to bring frights...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T'Was the night before christmas, and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

A woman had everything planned and even committed a murder. She carefully thought that no one will see the blunder.

If all she thinks that she will escape and hid the dead body, she taunted. But not realising that someone is out there and will keep her haunted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baek Ji Young was a woman who had the beauty that can enchant any man she wanted but life had treated her cruelly when she was orphaned in her teens and had to make ends meet as a stripper. She met a guy who was a drummer in a band in the club and fell in love with him but a rich man bought her and married her. She was pregnant at the time with the drummer's child and became the trophy wife of Kang Ho Dong.

Kang Ho Dong runs a candy business and was enamoured by Ji Young whom he saw in the strip club performing every night, he knew the only way to get her love was to buy her with money and make her his wife even though it was wrong. He found out about the pregnancy and decided to bring up her child not realising it belonged to someone else and named the daughter as Minah. Ji Young felt trapped within the marriage and hated the thought of being the wife of a pig and decided to plan on getting his wealth and run away with her lover and daughter, but with a sinister motive.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The snow was falling in Christmas Eve, the house was decoreated with Christmas lights, stockings above the fireplace and with a tree sparkled in the light.

Christmas songs were playing on the radio and the fireplace was burning to bring the warmth atmosphere in the living room. Kang Ho Dong finished putting the presents for young Minah and had a secret gift for Ji Young. 

"She will love this bracelet.." Ho Dong remarked and heard someone come into the living room thinking it was Ji Young.

"I was wondering where you were...do you have a gift for me?" Ji Young spoke up behind him while he was trying to hide the small box inside his sweater.

"Well if you're asking for a gift, let me have a kiss..." Ho Dong replied in a cheeky tone while Ji Young smiled at his joke.

"Mworagoyo...what did you say...?" Ji Young asked him again while Ho Dong sniggered to himself.

"I said...let me have it....THWACK!" Ho Dong replied but was cut off by a fire poker stabbing him on top of his head, he dropped to the floor near the christmas tree while someone stood next to the tree and smiled at the dead body.

"Merry Christmas...you son of a pig!" Ji Young remarked to her husband's dead body since she was the one who stabbed him with a fire poker. She managed to pull the poker out of his head and made him sit upright until her daughter Minah was comind down the stairs.

"Minah! What you doing here? You were supposed to be in bed..." Ji Young asked her 8 year old daughter who was unaware of the weapon hiding behind her.

"Mianhe Omma...I was thirsty and thought Santa was here. I forgot to say goodnight to Appa.." Minah rubbed her sleepy eyes while Ji Young shook her head.

"Well it's your bed time and say good night to him now.." Ji Young was trying to avoid the murderous sight and escorted Minah to her bedroom.

"Good night Dongie Appa..." Minah replied before going off to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What were you doing up sweetie..?" Ji Young asked Minah while tucking her into bed in her room.

"I was waiting for Santa to come and see my presents..." Minah explained to Ji Young who was shaking her head with a smile.

"Well you just have to wait till tomorrow sweetie.." Ji young replied while tucking Minah in her bed.

"Do you think Santa will give me presents..." Minah asked innocently while Ji Young smiled secretly.

"Yeah sweetie....Santa has finally gave us the presents we wanted..." Ji Young replied while secretly thinking about her plan and the murder she committed earlier. She kissed Minah's forehead and said goodnight before leaving her room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've finally managed to get rid of him Jagiya...and I've also got his money and everything in my name. We'll be able to live our lives together and happily with Minah as a family. I'm just gonna get rid of the body soon before anyone sees it....love you Jagiya..." Ji Young disconnected the call with her lover and got to moving her current task.

Even though the Christmas songs are playing in the background, Ji Young wore her woolly parka jacket and wrapped Ho Dong's head with saran wrap with a red bow like a morbid gift. She dragged his body while opening the door and left a stool to leave the door open while she drags his body outside. 

While she was doing her task, she was so occupied that she missed an important announcement made in the radio.

"We interrupt the radio with a news from Escaping Crisis 101, we have just received a report that a criminal had escaped from an insane asylum. His name is Noh Hong Chul who is in his 30s and was arrested for his gruesome murders of women in the Seoul area. Everyone should be at home this time since this criminal is an insane serial killer and was last seen escaping an hour ago. All women should stay at home and lock all the doors because he is dressed in a Santa suit and will come to attack any woman. If you have caught any sighting of the killer, please call the police immediately and will send an officer out soon..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She dragged Kang Ho Dong's dead body to the snowy floor while the weather was still chilly and the snow falling down slowly. She stood upright and saw a well near her and decided to drop him inside the well.

"I hope a nice plunge will relax you..." Ji Young mocked her dead husband before he came alive to strangle her, she got a an axe and thwacked his head before he completely dropped dead. Ji Young caught her breathing and was satisfied to see him dead and was going to go back and bumped into something.

She looked up and became horrified to see an insane man standing in front of her with a rotted teeth smile, hair wrung out and dressed in a Santa suit. 

"AAAAAAAAH!" She srcreamed out loud and started to run away while the insane killer was chasing behind her and grabbed her body making her scream more.

He was trying to strangle her from behind while she grabbed a frozen ice pick and cut a line on his face.

"AARRGH! The killer screamed in pain while Ji Young escaped to run into her house, the killer was running behind her madly before she closed the door bumping his nose and locked the door in terror. 

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, I kill women all the way. Oh what fun it is to die when the women get their slay..." The serial killer singing a murderous version of Jingle Bells while Ji Young is shaking in fear behind the door.

She rang the police station to inform the incident with the killer Santa but realised that she can't tell them anything since they would find out about the murder she committed, she hang up the phone in defeat and still huddled near the wall of the hallway. 

After few minutes, the singing stopped and she went to check outside through the peephole but he wasn't there. She went to check around the house to see if all of the the windows were locked tight to prevent the killer Santa from coming inside.

"JING JING!" Ji Young heard the bells from outside and looked at the window behind her but no one was there. She entered the living room to lock the windows and she was about to put the latch on until...

"RING RING!" Ji Young jumped in fright and looked behind her to see her landline ringing, before she was about to answer the phone, a crash was heard.

"SMASH!" The window broke behind her and the killer Santa grabbed her from behind to kill her. She kept on screaming and struggled in captive and saw a crowbar next to her feet.

"HAHAHA!" The killer Santa was laughing maniacally while Ji Young was reaching for the crowbar and thumped his head behind her, he fell backwards into the snow and was knocked out cold. Ji Young put on the blinds and locked the windows securely to keep herself safe.

She thought she can escape with a simple plan of murder for the sake of wealth, but little did she know that she will find herself trapped in her own house...in a horrifying game of cat and mouse with a killer Santa.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued.....

27 October 2016