Epilogue - Back!

Wanderlust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year later

“Kai ah, I’ll be leaving now, say bye to uncle Kai” my niece moved her small hands around saying her goodbyes to me.

She is now a one year old baby and growing. She is so cute I can’t even breath when she smiles like that.
  Sometimes I’m such a stupid uncle for her.

“Goodbye” I kissed the top of her head and then my sister and her left.

Once again… another summer alone. Although the previous was one of the best summers I ever had, it just feels like I’m all alone.
  Sometimes my mind is filled with thoughts of her… and that’s when I miss her. I miss her a lot to be honest. I can’t help but imagine how it would be if we were together now.

I just wish that she was here… she won’t even answer her phone whenever I call her. Not only that but the time difference is a hindrance as well.

“Jong In ah.” My mother called me interrupting me from all of my thoughts.

I turned around to look at her, tomorrow she and dad will be leaving for another one of their crazy vocations, or as they like to call it, honeymoon.
  Those are the kind of vocations I don’t like joining for the sole reason of me being the third wheel to my parents.
  Awesome, right?

“Hey try this” she gave me a spoonful of what she cooked.

I think this is another one of her experiments in cooking, she always does that and I’ve taken from that into mixing things and making something delicious.
  I tried it as she told me and I have to say it’s quite good. It had that nice spicy taste.

“It’s good” she smiled at me and then whent back to the kitchen probably to continue her new creation.

I on the other hand went upstairs to my room. I sat on the desk and searched through my notebooks, looking for a certain paper. I kept on searching for some time until I found it.
  I opened that blue kind of ripped paper… it definitely brought back memories. Memories I don’t want to ever forget.

I read the first note on there.
No1. Go to Korea.
I felt nice at that… if she didn’t ever get to complete the first thing, then I don’t think I would ever meet her here…

I kept on reading until my eyes stopped at the ninth note.
No.9 Dance in the middle of an empty road.
I placed my hand under my chin and read it again and again, reminiscing of the moment I felt my heart beat for her… I couldn’t help but smile at all that scene.

I went on with the notes and once I came across the fourteenth I burst out laughing.
No.14 Overcome my fear of heights.
I never expected us to jump from that mountain… it was definitely a crazy idea and that was something that took me to my limits.

I kept on going through the list of her wishes.  There were only nineteen and I didn’t like how it ended… without a sign of not coming back…
  I just took a blue pen I had inside the drawer and wrote the twentieth number.
No.20 Return to Korea.

I just wish… she’ll do so. I want Ha Neul to come back to me… please!

 

2 years later.

“Uncle…” I stared at my cute niece, she was sitting with me on the living room as we were both watching her favorite show on the TV. “Doesn’t he love the girl?” I nodded my head pinching her small cheeks.

“Of course he does, why wouldn’t he?” she shrugged pouting her small lips.

The more she grows the more she’s starting to look like noona and that means that she looks like me too, since noona and I have actually the same face, just different genders.

“Because he left her there… why would he leave her when they love each other?” aigo… her questions are so… so painful.

I mean it doesn’t matter whether it’s not about me and Ha Neul, it just looks so similar. She left and has still to call me, it’s been three years for ’s sake. I don’t even know if something has happened to her or if I actually mean nothing to her…

“Kai!” just then my sister entered the livingroom from outside with a woman behind her.

“Omma!” my niece run towards her and hugged her tightly, while I just took glances at the woman behind my sister.

She seems kind of familiar, why do I feel like I’ve seen her somewhere?

“Oh Kai, do you remember her? She’s Man Ha Ra” she’s that noona?! No ing way…

She looks so different that I remember her… not in a bad way, definitely not but she actually seems just like Ha Neul had subscribed her to me, daring.

“Ommo, is that Kai? Oh my gosh, I still remember him being a small bean.” She came and sat beside me, looking at me with an astonished expression.  “Oh my, Ha Neul was right!” Ha Neul?

“What did she say?” I asked immediately once I heard her name.

“That you weren’t small anymore and that you actually grew a lot” ahh… is that what she said?

“What is she doing?” she shrugged, looking around.

“I don’t know, it’s been a year since I last saw her. She barely comes out from her house, all day long she’s studying like crazy… that girl is not living her life at all” she shook her head.

“Ah right, Kai” my sister called me and I just looked at her. “Can you let her stay at the house for this week? Ha Ra will be leaving after that” again with that? Aish…

I just nodded my head and soon my sister took my niece and they left. Now I was just left alone with Ha Neul’s cousin. She kept on staring at me with a smug mile on her face, as if she knew something about me that no one was supposed to.

“So~ I heard from Ha Neul something very interesting” damn… I knew it. Ha Neul probably tells her everything.

“What did she say?” I blinked my eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter