Chapter Four - Number Nineteen

Wanderlust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aish… I’m so tired. My whole body is aching, and all that because of our all the sleeping we’ve done outside. I stared at the time on top of my bed stand.
  03:00…
I don’t feel sleepy at all…

I got up from my bed, heading to the kitchen in order to drink water, with the flash from my phone .
  The house seems to be extra empty now, I wonder why…

The only sounds that you could hear was that from my footsteps and the cars passing by, outside from the house.
  This definitely looks like a scene from a horror movie. Shrugging the creepiness I got from my house, I kept on walking to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and took out some ice cold water, drinking it slowly enjoying the cold feeling I got from it. Cold water is always the best in the summer. Without it I would never be able to go through this heat.

Suddenly I heard a sighing voice and I promise… at that moment I felt like someone just entered the house…
  That’s why I took a big knife from the drawer and kept it close to me… I’m a man. I should be able to protect myself, shouldn’t I?

“Kyaaa~!” what the heck, who the shrieked?

“Don’t come closer I have a knife!”

“What the Kim Jong In! You scared me, damn it…” Ha Neul?

She the lights of the kitchen and I was finally able to see her. Ha Neul was standing in front of me, her hair messy and all over her… her eyes seemed to be quite dark… why is she not sleeping.

“Why are you not sleeping? Do you know how much you scared me?” I left the knife inside the drawer.

Once I did, I turned around staring at Ha Neul with my back leaned against the cold steel fridge.

“I couldn’t sleep so I came outside” she scratched the back of her head having a guilty expression on her eyes.

“Were you gonna do something?”

“Me? Like what? Puhlease Jong, what would I do in the middle of the night…?” Woah, such a great actress…

I’m impressed by the fact she can lie so easily… it!

“Care to tell me instead of blabbering?” she sighed and showed me her backpack with her head lowered.

“I was planning on drinking”

“The vodka you always carry around?” she nodded her head with the same guilty eyes.

Aish what am I supposed to do with this girl? She is so random it’s weird…
  I stared at her for a while until I nodded my head.

“Fine, come on let’s get outside and drink the vodka”

I was about to go outside from the house to our backyard but Ha Neul grabbed my hand and pulled me back.
  I stared at her tired eyes… this is the first time I see her like this and it’s not pleasant to watch at all.

“It’s not simple vodka…” I raised an eyebrow at her and she continued “It’s a vodka soda. Sit here”

I sat on the chair of the counter and stared at Ha Neul as she started preparing the vodka soda…
  She has quite the skills into making it. I’ve tried it once or twice when I went to a club with the boys. Although I don’t know how Ha Neul knows how to make this kind of drink…

She put the ice into two small glasses and then the vodka followed by the soda.

“Done, now let’s go outside, here is your glass” I took the cold glass from her hand and we both went outside.

We had stairs that took you to the rooftop. There my dad placed some lights and comfy chairs, for nights like this. I have to say he is a good decorator.
  Ha Neul and I sat there, the glasses on top of the table as we both stared at the night sky.

“Should we turn off the lights?” I did as she told me and sat back on the seat.

There was only silence for the next five to ten minutes, until I decided to take a sip from the drink.
  I’m amazed by how on point it tastes.

“Who taught you this?” she smirked at my question, turned her head to stare at me.

“Guess who I hang around a lot” No way…

“Your cousin?” she nodded her head as she burst out laughing “Why did she turn out to be so… I don’t know naughty? She always seemed to be such an innocent and kind girl… you’re seriously ruining my image of hers”

“Nah, she is not angelic at all. Unnie is pure evil, not in a bad way of course. Seriously though, the quiet ones are those who you should be scared of” she took a sip from her drink and stared at the sky once again.

“Then I guess I shouldn’t be scared of you”

“Right that!”

We both started laughing as if it was the last thing we would ever do in our lives and after that silence…
  For a while no one was speaking, as we were both admiring the night sky.

“You know what? I think we should drink more. I don’t feel drunk at all”

“You seriously want to get drunk?” she winked at me and soon got up heading down.

After a while she appeared holding the while bottle. She sat at her seat and with a wide smirk on her face, she filled the glass and did a one-shot.

“Hey, don’t drink like that idiot” I took the bottle from her hand, gaining an intense glaring from her.

“I want to get drunk though. Give me back the vodka. I bought it with my money”

“I can’t believe you… you just had two glasses and you already lost it?” she stuck her tongue out mocking me.

“Give me back the bottle” she now was staring at me with puppy eyes.

No matter what she tries with me, I won’t give it back to her. Even if that means I have to melt under her cuteness.
  She got up from her chair and approached me, pouty lips and wide eyes begging me with her stare.

“Ha Neul… no. You are drunk without even trying…” she frowned and sat on my lap… what the is she doing?

Damn this girl… she does unnecessary things… She placed her arms on each of my side, staring at me…
  What am I supposed to do now?  She keeps coming closer and closer…

With just a single move Ha Neul took the bottle from me and started drinking… Damn it she is so sneaky…
  She is particularly forcing me to be bad…

I took the bottle away from Ha Neul’s tight grip, with a lot of force, which led to her falling on top of me…
  Her head was on my chest and I promise… she had fallen asleep. Now how do I deal with this? If I wake her up, there’s a high possibility she will whine. If I don’t there’s another possibility of us staying like this until she sobers up. I’ll just try my best.

I trying to get up from the chair, and as soon as I was able to get Ha Neul off me, I carried her to my sister’s room in bridal style… and damn, she is heavier than she seems.
  And nope, it’s definitely not the fact that I’m just kinda weak…

//

“Urgh… my head hurts so much…” I laughed at how desperate Ha Neul looked.

“Goodmorning princess, you’d better prepare your backpack we’re leaving in three hours” she just stared at me, her hands on her head.

I wonder how she’ll react after I tell her what she did yesterday the moment I put her on the bed.
  Tsk… I was so surprised, I thought I would lose my life for a while.

“Why are you looking at me that way?” I smirked and sat beside her on the kitchen table.

“Don’t you remember what you did to me yesterday?” her eyes went wide open as if they were ready t leave her sockets.

She tried to avoid my eyes by turning her head elsewhere constantly. So funny~ I really had to record the whole thing, it would definitely be awesome to look at.

“Want me to enlighten you?”she shook her head getting up from her seat ready to leave but I grabbed her hand and made her sit back on her chair “You clung to me so much that I though you would leave me out of breath! Seriously how can you have so much power”

“Damn… I did it again? Aish, this is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter