3 PM - Nichkhun and Anna

That One Night

Nichkhun's POV

 

“Did it have to be this place again?” he asked his manager as he watched the familiar scenery passed them by. He and the other boys of 2PM were on their way to Anna’s small hometown. The CF they shot for a brand of watch was such a huge success the company renewed their endorsement deal. They also requested that the new CF be a continuation of the first one. Ergo, the same location was booked. When they asked him if it was alright with him he pretended that it was but the truth was he wasn’t so sure. It has only been 6 months since he and Anna broke up. And then there was that incident with Annette a month prior. He wasn’t sure how he’d react if he saw them in a place which represented happier times. Still he had to be a professional. So he lied.

 

When they got to the place a feast was laid for them like last time. The mayor was there to welcome them like last time. Their fans were there to scream and cheer for them like the last time. But he could tell that something was different.

 

He tried not to think about it.

 

***

 

He couldn’t sleep. The place was familiar. But it was also unfamiliar.

 

If he looked out the window of the room he was sharing with Wooyoung he could almost see the house at the top of the hill.

 

He almost got tempted to go.

 

When he finally found sleep it was already morning.

 

***

 

The shoot was smooth sailing from the moment it started until the accident happened. A prop, a giant grandfather clock standing in the middle of the field got knocked down by a sudden gust of wind. The clock fell down. It hit Wooyoung. The ambulance quickly brought Wooyoung to the hospital while he and the other boys followed right behind. The injury wasn’t that bad but Wooyoung needed a couple of stitches. The rest of the shoot for the day had been cancelled to allow Wooyoung to recover.

 

Suddenly he found himself with some free time.

 

He was finding his way out of the hospital when he heard the familiar voice of Annette and her mother Anne. She was crying.

 

He saw them right round a corridor. They were in an embrace and Anne too was crying.

 

Anna.

 

She was the first thought that came to his mind. Where was she? What happened to her? Was she alright? He watched as a young doctor approached Anne and Annette. He was wearing a somber expression. He watched as he led them somewhere else. He followed them—wanting to ask what’s going on but the open door of a room stopped him.

 

He almost didn’t recognize her.