Chapter 2 - Surprise!

Doctors 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The diagnose is......" Hye Jung tiptoed to whisper in Ji Hong's ear. "You will be an Appa.."
Ji Hong's body freezes. The words came in one by one. You. Will. Be. An. Appa. APPA?!?! He stares at Hye Jung who is now smiling brightly and starting to smile like an idiot too. Hye Jung nods happily. Ji Hong is still speechless, they've been married for 4 months now and they always wanted to have children. But this is definitely a surprise.
"I love you so much."
"And we love you too, Appa."
"Thank you.. Thank you so much Eomma and baby.." Ji Hong kissed Hye Jung's forhead. Then he bends and kissed Hye Jung's still flat tummy. Hye Jung pats his head lovingly.
"What time is it now? I have an appointment with Dr. Park Jae Hee at 2 PM."
Ji Hong checks his watch. "It is 1.50 PM now. Let's go!"


[Dr. Park's practice room]
"Hello Ji Hong and Hye Jung. Please take a seat." Park Jae Hee greets them when they enter the practice room.
"Hello Jae Hee. Long time no see." Ji Hong replied casually.
"Hello Dr Park." Hye Jung answered too.
"Hye Jung you can call me Eonni."
"Yes Eonni."
"So how long it has been?"
"Actually I don't know."
"Do you use the menstrual calendar app?"
"Oh yes I use them." Hye Jung opens the application on her phone and gives them to Jae Hee.
"So your last menstruation's first day was on March 20th and today is April 29th so you are around 6 weeks long."
"Ah baby.." Ji Hong rubs Hye Jung's belly.
"He or she is the size of a lentil. Around quater of an inch long. The due date will be on.. Christmas Day!"
"It will be the best Christmas gift ever!" Hye Jung cheers excitedly.
"Let's check your condition now."


Because Ji Hong and Hye Jung are doctos themselves, Jae Hee allows Ji Hong to do the ultrasound by himself. Ji Hong smears the ultrasound jelly on Hye Jung's belly and then he runs the ultrasound transducer back and forth to search for the fetus. When he finally found the baby, he was so surprised (again!). He almost dropped the ultrasound transducer. Jae Hee replaces him to hold the instrument. Jae Hee looks at the monitor and immediately knows why Ji Hong was shocked. Both of them smile really big. Hye Jung who can't see the monitor was confused to see their sudden very bright face.
"Congratulations."
"Look baby." Ji Hong turns the monitor to face Hye Jung. Hye Jung observes for a second when she realized something.
"It is a twin?"
"Yes!"
"And it is a fraternal twins so it is possible to have a baby boy and a baby girl." Jae Hee explained to them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter