A new family member

House secret

JoongKi had received a call from his mother asking him to come home on time for dinner as there will be a family guest. He had recently completed his drama "Descendants of the sun" and was preparing for his next film, Battleship Island. Never once to miss any family get-together, he left the gym earlier and headed home. On the drive back, he wondered who that guest is since the appearance was kinda impromptu. Definitely not a relative as most of them are at DaeJeon. Coming to Soeul was always a hassle to them. They preferred their own city.

"Oppa! You're back! I bet you didnt know too. Mom said eldest brother is bringing his girlfriend home tonight! Now we all know who's the special guest!". Joongki was surprised by the news when his sister, SeulKi, excitedly reveal the information the moment he stepped into the house. With his current popularity, he bought a villa in Gangnum district where everyone can live together. He didnt need his privacy as family has all along been his first priority. But it still came as a surprise when his elder brother is formally introducing his girlfriend to the family.

Older than him by two years, his brother YoonKi excelled in his studies just like everyone in the family did. He saw his brother climbing up the corporate ladder year by year. The family was almost worried at his s*extual orientation. While himself, he brought his ex-girlfriends, his brother never once mention anything about his love life. And when probed, he only sais he didnt have the time and girls are not interested in his face. Out of the three siblings, Joongki has the best facial features, followed by the youngest, the eldest. They all thought he studied hard so having no girlfriend in life is fine so long he can support himself.

"This is the first time he's even talking about a girl. And its not just some girl. He used the term girlfriend. Will wedding be on the cards?",Joongki's mother dreamingly said out.

"Omma, please. Dont pressure the poor boy. He finally got a girl! I bet he's still a v*irgin at this age. 33!",SeulKi laughed about it.

"Young lady, watch your language. You have been too long in the states! Whether is he ot not, doesnt matter. Lets see what he wants to tell us. I hope she's nice.", his mother continued.

"Dont worry omma. We should trust hyung's taste. It should not be bad. Afterall, he's a corporate person. They can detect cunning people at the snap of their finger.",Joongki said and went into his room til the guest arrive.

"JoongKi ah. They're here. Your dad is back too. But oh my. you wont believe who it is. Come on out.",his mother said upon squeezing her head through his door with the opening she made after knocking on it.

Silence filled the living hall when they all gathered to meet the sepcial guest. "Everyone, this is my girlfriend, Moon Chaewon. Chaewon ah, my number one family members.",Yoonki introduced and watched their expression. They all had a shocked face and it was his baby sister who break the facade. "Oppa! Isnt she an actress? Joonki oppa, you guys acted together before, right? Oh my! How did you two meet one another? Unni, looking at your face i guess my brother did not tell you about the occupation of his siblings. But why oppa?"

Yoonki knew his sister would eventually ask questions which make things worse. He met Chaewon at a charity event. She was there not as a celebrity but on her own accord. It was from the organisation that he know she's been a regular volunteer. He knew her from the drama she acted with Joongki and found her pleasing then. The family was pushing for Joongki to date her but there was no movement. During the event, they chatted up and continued staying in contact. He loved her carefree and non-judgemental character. As much as he told her how he cherish his family, he did not disclose the fact that Joongki is his brother. He wanted to court this young lady without any help and he did. They have been dating for 6 months and he felt its time to introduce her.

Joongki was frozen in his spot. The girl who had a occurance with him years ago appeared as his brother girlfriend. Just when he thought he had put the past behind, it came haunting him. Flashes of the time they acted in the drama. He remembered falling in love with this actress in the midst of their drama. He remembered their chemistry on set. He remembered her rejecting his confession. They both had a liking for one another but she was more focus on her career then and didnt wanted to venture further with him. Seeing her now brings back those feelings yet she's become his brother's girlfriend instead.

Chaewon was equally paralysed by the fact that the JoongKi she worked with is her boyfriend's brother. Seeing him in person than on television definitely triggered her inner emotions. Standing in front of her was the guy she rejected years ago. He went through army and became a man. Times where she wanted to contact him, she didnt as she felt it might be a burden to add on his current popularity. Without knowing, she gave up on that idea and met YoonKi and accepted his sincere persue.

"Ah. JoongKi ah. I didnt know you are YoonKi's brother. Such a small world. Hi everyone, i am Chaewon. Nice to meet all of you.",Chaewon greeted when there had been to reply from YoonKi to SeulKi's question. Getting out of their trance, their mother invited them to the dining table. Joongki tried to be his usual but seeing Chaewon with his brother didnt make things easy. He was feeling angry and jealous under that clam face he puts on in front of the family. As the family was getting to know Chaewon, YoonKi announced that he is planning to propose. Everyone was stunned, including Chaewon herself.

"How can you say something like that when i myself am not aware of it.",Chaewon asked YoonKi in anger. They are back to apartment where he wanted her to hear him explain his actions earlier on. He knows it was too soon for marriage but the moment he say JoongKi's face, he knew something happened in between them. He was no fool to that.

"What is your relationship with my brother? Dont lie to me. I can see it clearly with my eyes.",YoonKi asked directly. He loves Chaewon and do not wish his brother interference. Over the 6 months they have been dating, all they did was holding hands and pre-schooler's peck and go kisses. He had wanted to go further but his inferior syndrome was stopping him.

"We have no relationship at all. We worked together but thats all. If you dont believe me, i will not waste time explaining things which i do not have an answer for.",Chaewon was getting pissed. She was not into guys who cant get over their own issues. But she also know she could not say the confession between her and Joongki. It will break the brothers apart.

"Then marry me. We are both at the age at a stabalize career.",YoonKi knows he got nothing to counter Chaewon. "Oppa, we are only together for 6months. Its still too early to determine if we can get along well for marriage. I hope you will not rush into that.", she kissed him to clam him down and it works. Chaewon knows where she was standing. She's the girlfriend of YoonKi, not anyone else.

And two years of dating, YoonKi finally come to his senses that Chaewon harbour no feelings for Joongki and his brother has his own girlfriend too. He proposed and Chaewon made him the happiest man. Being Joongki, he will not jeopadise his family ties for a woman. Instead, he gave his brother and Chaewon his blessing. To erase her off his mind, Joongki dated. But the news of Chaewon being his sister-in-law still cut into his flesh. She is now the new member of the Song-clan.