Chapter 16: Pain

The boy with the black hoodie

,,Baby,I'm not made of stone

It hurts

Loving you the way I do 

It hurts-(Emeli Sande-Hurts {song{ )

Kihyun couldn't believe it.

In fact he is so shocked that he doesn't know if he should cry or laugh,his mind is too hazy to register his feelings. 

But he knows that he is really mad at Changkyun...his crush.

The said boy had been ignoring him since two weeks already,he even had the audacity to hug everyone and to bid them goodbye except to Kihyun.

He didn't even look at the older when he passed him by to hug Hyungwon.

Minhyuk looked simphatetically at his best friend and wrapped an arm around his shoulders,silently comforting him and assuring him that everything will be alright soon.

And for the first time in his life,Kihyun didsn't believe the now dark brown haired male.

He isn't so sure if Changkyun will start to warm up to him,if he would finally pay attention to him.

Kihyun just looked at him,sighed and shook his head no.

~-~

,,-Don't worry, Kihyunie! I am sure that Changkyun soon will stop acting like this! He is just confused about his feelings towards you."-Kihyun lifts his eyes from the latte,that he is supposed to drink and stares at his friend with a sad and yet expressionless face.

His eyes are so dull and empty looking that Minhyuk could feel shivers crawling at his skin.

Never had the young male seen Kihyun like this-so down and miserable.

He is indeed hurt and that made Minhyuk feel worse second by second.

This is his best friend,the person who has always comforted,supported and helped him but right now,when Kihyun needs support and help,the collage student can't do anything.

Because when it comes to love,no one could cure you except the person,that you wish for.

,,-I am sorry but this time i can't help you.''-Minhyuk suddenly breaks the tension silence,his voice bearly above whisper.

,,-I know."-is the only thing,that Kihyun can muster up at the moment.

,,-I am not him.''-The other boy says and continues to drink his coffee with milk,feeling not better as the other.

,,-I...know."-Kihyun repeats and takes a sip from his coffee,but he doesn't feel the taste.

~-~

It isn't easy. He thought that it would be, but it's only getting harder.

He has to,for his own and for Kihyun's good.

Changkyun can't allow himself to feel those kind of emotions,it'll just break both of them. 

Even though Kihyun is a very caring hyung and a good person,Changkyun feels the need to stay away from him.

His heart wants him to get closer but his mind forces him to distance himself,to make himself forget,to make Kihyun hate him.

For the younger and shorter male it would be so much easier,so much helpful if Kihyun would already hate,dispace him and never look at him.

It hurts him when the dark brown haired college student thinks about it,but at the same time he hopes for it.

It isn't happening yet and Changkyun conciders the thought of hoping harder.

He sighs and runs his long fingers through his hair,feeling so hurt and confused.

,,It's all your fault,Kihyun hyung. You are making it harder. Just hate me already so that I could forget because as much as I try to it is not happening."

~-~

Kihyun watches and...watches. He can't do anything else then to observe and to hurt himself even more.

The just had to sit in front of him and they just have to talk and smile at each other.

He is aware of the fact that Changkyun ignores him,for reasons that the pink haired male does not know.

But if Wonho and Changkyun continue to annoy him anymore maybe he will snap soon.

He glares at them,frowning when his land on their heads,which are bumping rght now.

Both of them have diyed their hair silver,looking extremely good with their new colour. 

Kihyun feels left out. While he observs them,the talented singer realizes that he has lost Changkyun.

He looks so happy,smiling and laughing. His dimples are showing,making him look even cuter and more child like. 

Kihyun has never seen him like this-cheerful and talkative.

And the fact that he isn't the cause of this smile,of this change makes the pinnk haired male even sadder.

The sight,their faces,their voices....it's too much for the singer to bear.

He stands up from their table in the cafeteria and makes his way towards the exit,Minhyuk and Shownu immediately stand up too,following their friend.

Changkyun stares at the figure of his hyung-his shoulders are slumped and his hair is messy. 

He isn't looking and acting like the Kihyun.that he knows...and cares for.

,,I am so sorry,hyung but it's for the best. So please,slip away from me."-He could feel his eyes watering,the tears ready to flow out,to let all of his hidden pain out,his legs are burning to follow Kihyun and his arms are aching to comfort him.

But Changkyun doesn't do anything,he just blinks his eyes and smiles at Wonho that all and too familiar to him fake smile,when the blond haired male asks him if he is okay.