Donation

Ill + Ill

During a lecture without Jiyong.

Seunghyun probably used up all his luck when the heavens deemed he meet Jiyong. The younger had been new and lost and it was only by chance that Seunghyun had seen him and offered a bubbly friendship that evolved into whatever the they had right now. Jiyong had been lovely then, innocent and naïve but now he was bloomed into a confident young man who continued to challenge Seunghyun’s control as well as provide him with warm haven on the nights when he felt lonely and defeated. Jiyong made him feel whole, whether it be his physical comforting or the fact that he would always be on Seunghyun’s side, supporting him on whatever happens.

 

It was Jiyong who had thought of doing video blogs first as he declared that Seunghyun’s film elective videos were interesting and funny. However, they never expected to be one of the top blogs on the site overnight especially with an uploaded video of the two of them pranking their group of friends in a noisy club. Now their video blog provides most of their income other than the small part time jobs they both had. They made enough money to buy better equipment. Jiyong had originally thought of purchasing a Go Pro form the donations they had to improve their prank videos but Seunghyun wanted to get something for him using his own money. (It didn’t matter that he had to use up some of his emergency savings for it, not that Jiyong would ever know.)

 

Checking the comments and messages under their newly posted video, Seunghyun had developed the habit of checking people’s reactions, something he had acquired when he was still slightly overweight. Now finally grown into his more muscular (if slightly thin) body, it was still a habit he found hard to let go. Most of the comments seemed to be positive, laughter in the hilarity of the video, enjoyment from the fanservice. (Which he had to admit was a joy for him as well) By some chance PayPal had sent him an alert from the Play with G.D. and T.O.P. account, he checked the donations they had gotten so far in the PayPal account they erected and nearly shouted out loud in the middle of his Renaissance Lit lecture.

 

Later on, meeting with Jiyong. 17/08/16.

 

“Jiyong, you have to see this. I can’t believe it.” Seunghyun dragged the smaller man, pulling at the straps of his bag so that he could carry it for him. He knew that Jiyong had a habit of bringing his whole house with him. (And he had the nerve to call him turtle.)

 

Sitting the both of them, oblivious to Jiyong’s protests, Seunghyun takes out his laptop so he could show it to him. “Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jiyong interrupts even as Seunghyun shushes him and has him face the laptop screen. Highlighted with the blue of his cursor, he shows him the numerous 5000 krw donations in the screen. It came from one account and had eaten up a few pages. The two of them had made a joke in one of their uploads before that their fans should not send them anything more than 5000 won as any more would have them taxed and billed both ways.

 

“I counted it Jiyongie. A hundred donations per page. Two hundred pages. The system alerted me because they thought it was some sort of bug. It’s legit.” He trailed off, watching Jiyong’s reaction. He had wide eyes, mouth opened and his pretty pink lips shining with the Vaseline he used to keep it moist.

 

“T-TWO HUNDRED? By a hundred. Uh-“ He trailed off, Seunghyun grabbing his hand and interrupting him once more. “One hundred million Jiyongie. One hundred million won. That’s both our college loans paid. Hell, that’s enough to live comfortably without even finishing college.” Seunghyun clutches Jiyong’s hand. “You can finally try your hand at composing and buy that expensive synth you wanted.” At his words, Seunghyun was rewarded with shining eyes before Jiyong pulled away and frowned. “But why the hell would someone send us one hundred million won, hyung? This feels really dodgy.” Of course Seunghyun thought of this but after living the life they had and at the prospect of seeing a happy Jiyong, he had temporarily forgotten about another important thing.

 

“Wait, there was a message for the Play account as well. I didn’t open it yet cos I figured you’d want to see it but it’s presumably from the same person who sent all this.” He manoeuvres the laptop and sits next to Jiyong, opening the inbox and clicking on the message from the same account name as the donation account. The two of them squint at the cryptic message.

 

To G.D. and T.O.P.

 

What I’m telling you might seem like a joke but as you are aware, I have sent you more than a hundred million won. I have been watching you two for a long time and I feel as if you have what it takes to lend me some help in my time of need. My father is being harassed by these men and I want you to use your platform to uncover them. Do not fear for your safety as I will have people to protect you if you ever need it. I know it seems crazy but for now just familiarise yourselves with this address: XXXX-XXXX. Remember, everything will make sense in the end and all will be answered. In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the ‘gift’ I sent to you.

 

The message was unsigned and both Seunghyun and Jiyong let out a breath they had been holding after they finished reading. If anything, the story about the money became more confusing but Seunghyun had never been one to dwell on such things deeply. Not on the surface anyway.

 

“Hyung, I know this address. It’s like a rich person hangout with fancy designer stores and celebrities.” Jiyong commented, still unsure about the situation. His Jiyong had always been sharp and Seunghyun had to admit he was right but at the same time, they had earned themselves (however dubious) a big sum of money. It would be a shame not to use it.

 

“Well, Jiyongie…” Seunghyun trails off, wrapping an arm around the other and turning him away from the confusing message. “Looks like we’ll be one of those rich people.”

 

Unknown place. 16/08/16

 

A phone rings. Two men enter the room as one of them sits down and motions for the other to pick up the phone.

 

“Hello?” The man answers, muffled voices from the other side.

 

“You’ve traced it? XXX University Server? Alright.” More muffled voices, the man takes out a notepad and jots down a few things. “We’ll take note.” The call is ended.

 

The man hands the note to the other man in the room. “We’ve found him, he’s using his real name and age now, actually attending school and has quite a wide social circle.” He types the code in the tablet and hands it to the man who takes a few minutes to browse through it. The other man stays silent before sighing.

 

“Bring him to me.”