Birthday

Ill + Ill

Present time 08/08/16 12:00

 

“Happy birthday Jiyongie!” Seunghyun screamed, his deep voice trailing off in an exaggerated high note. The two are in the midst of celebrating Jiyong Kwon’s 21st birthday with a dozen of convenience store cupcakes that Seunghyun had messily iced with “Happy Kwon Day!” It had made Jiyong laugh both in the absurdity and thoughtfulness of his roommate and friend.

 

“Hyung, you didn’t need to do all this!” He said, glancing around the small apartment they shared. His friend had taken out past birthday décor and had given their home a birthday party feel. He had streamers and banners hanging and small candles on top of the cupcakes. Jiyong suppressed a grin as he watched his friend’s proud smile, especially as he presented him with a few wrapped boxes.

 

It had been almost three years since he and Seunghyun had met. Jjyong had just been a small and nervous freshman in university when he had met lively Choi Seunghyun. Seunghyun had been a couple pounds heavier then but nonetheless handsome. Coupled with his charismatic personality, Jiyong was taken with the older student and had become fast friends with him. Seunghyun was new to town like Jiyong and knowing they had shared similar classes in Music and Literature, the two decided to live together after their first year in the student dorms. Life was hard and their apartment was like a shoebox but Jiyong wouldn’t have it any other way, especially if it meant having the other beside him.

 

Jiyong wasn’t blind and though they had been good friends for a long time, it was only until recently that his thoughts took a different turn from platonic to something more. They had been in a frat party when the two had been dared to share a kiss and like a ten year old Seunghyun had insisted they don’t back out of it. He could still remember his hot breath against his lips, the shy smile on his face and the softness of those mischievous lips. It had been a quick, hard press of lips against his own and as he opened his eyes greeted by Seunghyun’s own dark ones, he felt his heart skip a beat.

 

It did not seem one sided too if Jiyong was reading the signs right. Ever since then, Seunghyun had been more thoughtful, always nudging him and making him laugh at every opportunity. Both young men had stopped going on dates with other people and clubbing nights had both of them going home drunk but together. As much as Jiyong would love a more intimate relationship with Seunghyun, he enjoyed the sweet comfortable relationship he shared with him now.

 

A poke on his cheek had him turning to see his blue haired friend with his head titled adorably, fluttering long dark lashes at him. “What’re you thinking about?” He asked with a smile.

“Nothing. Let’s start on that cake or shall I say cakes?” Jiyong spoke up, splitting their cupcakes between them. Even with Seunghyun’s protests, the two managed to finish all the cupcakes with Seunghyun eating eight to Jiyong’s four. After cleaning up, Jiyong popped a movie on the DVD player as Seunghyun came back with a six pack of beer and Jiyong’s presents.

 

“Hyung.” Jiyong started.

 

“Jiyong.” Seunghyun countered.

 

“You didn’t need to get me this.” He continued, twisting dark hair that had grown beyond his shorter, shaved hair. Like Jiyong, Seunghyun was also paying for his college debts and other expenses. He couldn’t afford to spend his money on frivolous things for Jiyong.

 

“I know but I want too.” Seunghyun assured, popping open a can of beer before handing it to Jiyong. “Besides, they weren’t that expensive and we could use it for our blog.” He pushed the small wrapped box to Jiyong’s palm. “Open it.”

 

Jiyong had an inkling what it was before he even finished opening it. “Hyung.” He whispered. “Hyung. Seunghyun hyung. Holy !” He guffawed, eyes bright and wide smiling showcased his teeth. Abandoning all thought, he threw himself at Seunghyun nearly spilling his beer as he encased him in a bear hug. “I can’t believe you got me a Go Pro! Seunghyun!” He felt arms encircle his waist as he fiddled with his new toy. He pulled away from the embrace as a thought hit him. Squinting at Seunghyun, he asked in a suspicious voice. “Wait, you didn’t like, shoplift this or anything right?”

 

Seunghyun just laughed, lifting him slightly so he could comfortably hold Jiyong’s weight, his hand his back that sent shivers to Jiyong’s spine. “How could I even? My baby deserves only the best.” He nodded, smirking at Jiyong’s reddened face.

 

Seunghyun had recently made it a point to refer to Jiyong as his ‘baby’ both in front of their friends and when it was only the two of them. Jiyong usually just laughed it off but inside he found himself quite flattered and even sometimes used the pet name on the other. Tonight, he looked up at Seunghyun, gave him a wet kiss on the cheek as he muttered a faint: “Thank you baby.” He did not miss the dark look in his friends’ eyes despite his demure reaction, blushing and pretending to faint.

 

They had spent the whole night like that, watching numerous cliché horror films with Jiyong in between Seunghyun’s legs as the older man flinched and stiffened at every predictable jump scare. Jiyong hoped that they would stay like that for as long as they could.

 

A few days later. 15/08/16

 

Jiyong got home from a busy college day to see Seunghyun getting ready for their recording. They had been given many requests to do challenges and it had become easier to record those especially with the additional Go Pro on their equipment. Now all they needed to record the intro and conclusion that they film last before uploading the full video. It was quite handy that Seunghyun had taken a film elective in his first year that simple editing and cutting was a piece of cake for him.

 

“Ready?” Seunghyun’s eyes bore down on Jiyong who only smiled at him. The camera blinks red.

 

Recording Play with G.D. and T.O.P.

 

G.D: Hey guys it’s me G.D. and this weirdo is T.O.P. (He gestures to the other who came from behind the camera, sitting quite close to him.)

 

T.O.P: Hello, we’ve gotten a lot of requests to do some challenges so we chose to do the most of them. We’ve included interesting clips from the challenges we did so I hope you enjoy that.

 

G.D: Also, thank you again for the birthday greetings and posts. I’ve also received some gifts from some people in the P.O. Box so thank you for that-

 

T.O.P: (Interrupts G.D. to flash a box of condoms in the screen with a smirk.) Yeah we’ll make sure to make good of use of this.

 

G.D: (Smacks the other over the head.) Don’t listen to him! Anyway, thanks for watching. Don’t forget to like and subscribe and share. We’ll see you again next week. This has been-

 

Together: Play with G.D. and T.O.P!

 

End Recording.

 

Like.

 

Subscribe.

 

Donate?

 

Donate.

 

Enter figure.

 

 

5000 WON

 

Are you sure you want to enter this amount?

 

Enter.

 

Open messenger.

 

To G.D, and T.O.P.

 

What I’m telling you will seem like a joke…