Christmas Eve

DBSK Christmas Short Stories
Please log in to read the full chapter

Characters: Shim Changmin and You

 

Christmas Eve

 

It is snowing as if it only promises frozen roads and chilly nights.

“I think I need extra logs for the fireplace.” You anxiously rubbed her fingers together surveying her handiwork. Everything is prepared as planned and the feast is served.

She looks tired but somehow the table eased her anxiety. Christmas ham, meatloaf, gingerbread cookies and a variety of other dishes are lying in the white tablecloth. You is not the best of cooks but she do well. She’s a fast learner. Straightening her dress and tucking in loose strands of her hair she checked her reflection in the mirror.

“Just right.” she grinned and as soon as she blurted out the words the doorbell rang.

“They are here.”

In hurried steps she glided her way towards the door bringing out her best smile.

He looks flustered but all the same he still looks dashing. He shoved small portions of snow that settled on his head. Soft curling black hair, midnight black eyes, white shirt under a long black coat, he looks perfect. Changmin gave her a shy smile with his trademark mismatched eyes.

“Good evening.” The smile widened, slightly. He actually lowered his eyes for a moment. It was almost coy.

You almost caught breath. He is attractive. She needs to remind herself not to stare. He is alone.

“Can I come in?” he asked knowing to well how he affects her.

“Of course.” She mumbled her cheeks pink from embarrassment. “Please come in.”

He walked inside his body slightly brushing against her making You burn up despite the cold.

“I hope I wasn’t late.”

“You came in first.” She murmured as she lead the way towards the lounge.

“It was my intention to come in earlier than the others.” He replied. “I want to talk to you before they can interrupt us.”

You knew her heart jump out her chest. “What about?” she tried to compose herself even if her hands are shaking as they comfortably seated themselves.

“About you..” Changmin’s smile was lopsided, his face both anxious and amused. “and me.”

She lowered her lashes not knowing what to reply. You likes him. Changmin knows that

Please log in to read the full chapter