Chapter 3: Part 2

Bad Romance: Heart over Head

Sorry for the two-days-late Part 2♥ darlings! But here it is! I hope thre's enough GuiLun to feed your hunger~ haha. Enjoy!

 

______________________________

Chapter 3:

Summer is How He Fall in Love and into Halves

______________________________

Part II

♫I’m Falling even more in Love with You by Lifehouse ♪

______________________________

 

 

“Hello Kuta!” exclaimed Even brightly as she spread her arms wide, feeling the morning breeze ruffled her fringe, and pass into her bedroom- cooling it instantly. Technically, her room was shared with Cyndi, Ella and Rainie. Selina, Hebe and Genie shared the smaller room below theirs. Across of her room, another few rooms stood, occupied by Aaron and Danson, the rest of the Yans and Uncle John. The villa was splendid. Each room was decorated with different unique taste and she was glad she got to be here with her good friends.

 

She slightly shivered as she sat herself down on the edge of the balcony looking down towards the pool 15 meters below her. If only she was wearing her swimsuit right then and there, she would have jumped down for just a thrill. Holidays really made her mind go to the extreme mode. She wondered if the boys were awake. Maybe Danson could help her snap a crazy shot of her diving down. Her thoughts were answered when Danson and Aaron walked out to their balcony and waved at her. Her previous thought was put off straight away when her eyes locked onto Aaron’s gaze. “Yo!” he waved, not aware of her beat red cheeks. The thought of him seeing her in a swimsuit embarrassed her.

 

A tap on her shoulder and a lame ‘Hey’ brought her back to Earth. She spun around to find Cyndi rubbing her tired eyes and noticed that the other two of her friends were already up. She smiled wryly before following her to the kitchen to get food. Rainie and Ella were already sitting down at the dining table having their breakfast while discussing the water sports they have in schedule. As she understood, the day would be spent for sightseeing and food hunting in Kuta.

 

An hour later, the girls were changed into shirt and beach shorts with a bikini underneath. Even came out of her room, with messy braided hair, and the rest follow her down to meet the rest.

 “Hey Even, treat this vacation like you only can have it once in a lifetime. All of us here will make this the best vacation any of us ever had. Don’t let your mind wander to its worst memories okay. I don’t want to see you emoing at the back of the car you hear,” reminded Cyndi. Her tone of voice was stern but her caring feeling flowed through it. “Yeah of course,” Even’s voice wavered a little; not believing her own words.

The scene before her eyes could have been a photo taken out of a national geographic magazine. The hundreds of year old cave stood majestically, a lone structure hidden by tall trees. Bird chirps could be heard all around her and the small group made their way into the mouth of the cave. “This place is so creepy. I can’t believe I’m doing this babe,” whispered Ella; which was redundant because cave echoes.  “You won’t be in the dark for long. My uncle said this is just the entrance to the temple before we reach the beach,” remarked Aaron with an uninterested tone. Not like anyone noticed; but Even did.

 

“Hey, you okay? Just asking,” she said coming up beside him. She wondered what changed him overnight. Maybe she should accompany him.

“Nothing,” he replied and picked up his pace to the end of the cave tunnel. His cold tone rang in her ears for a few moments. Something felt wrong and Even did not like it one bit.

“Here! Here! Oh my God, this is so adorable~ Come’ere babes, look, look!” Genie exclaimed pointing at a small thing crawling up her feet.

When they got there Ella was pulling Even closer to her “Yaah! Get that thing off of you! It’s gonna eat you!”

“No it won’t stupid~ it’s just a baby crab. It’s so ticklish. Come you should try Even!”

Even laughed, taking the baby crab between her two fingers and position it on her left palm. “You’re right, it’s adorable. It’s a light brown color too, how rare is that? I only saw red, fiery, ones usually.”

 

Suddenly, familiar brown eyes flashed in her mind. Chun’s eyes… No… It was lighter, almost blazing… Aaron’s. Speaking of him, I wonder why he’s acting weird.

“Hello~ Earth to Even. What’s up with you?” Ella said as she shook Even out of her stupor. Not giving her friend another glance, she looked around frantically to find her sudden main interest. No, I don’t like him. Just curious, she told herself. Her eyes caught sight of a brunette sitting on the shore. His figure casted a long shadow against the white sand. He looks so distant, her thoughts somehow sting her insides and she shivered inwardly. Distracted and unprepared for what to come, Even took a sharp intake of breath when a sudden pain coursed through her palm. Ella jinxed it. The tiny crab had pinched her flesh and blood started to ooze out. Upon seeing her friend’s blood, Ella the drama-queen, let out a hysterical scream, which alerted the people near them; including Aaron.

 

“Shhhh damn it. Ella, chill, it’s just a small wound. Gosh! Must you embarrass us,” hissed Even as she cradled her left hand with her right one.

“Eheh, sorry,” she replied in a sheepish voice.

“Oi, what happened?” Aaron appeared beside them, still trying to catch his breath. Beads of sweat threatened to fall between his brows.

“Sh-she just stepped on a rock that’s all. Thought it was a crab. She’s a little paranoid, nothing you should be worried about,” Even rattled in one breath, clamping her palm shut to hide her wound from his speculating gaze. The little crab had long fell out of her palm.

“Are you sure? She was looking at you just now…”

“Why would I lie about that? You should have seen her in class, shrieking at every dust bunny she has seen.”

“Ehem!” Ella signaled; appalled at the lame lie her friend was talking about.

“What? It’s the truth!” Even further explained. Well, whatever Even was trying to prove was not working since the blood now trickled in between the gap in her palm. Aaron shook his head, amused at her ridiculous reasoning, and held up her left arm to their eye level. She could feel his breath tickling her hand when he spoke, “What do I call this- bloody bunny?”

 

Soon, she found herself back in the van; her wound being tended to by Aaron. Ella was complaining that it was not her fault Even got wounded so she was not going to accompany them back into the cave, to the van, then to come back down to the beach by the cave, again. So she left Even’s safety to Aaron. His fingers brushed lightly across the surface of her palm. It brought back her senses all of a sudden. They were alone, in the van, how awkward can the day get? She sarcastically thought. Again, the wave of curiosity made her say the same question that had nagged at her in the early morning. “Are you in trouble that’s why you’re looking all-so-not yourself? Usually I would see your arrogant smile everywhere I turn,” she told him, trying to lift up his mood by getting him to argue with her. He paused his tugging at her bandage for a second before locking eyes with her. The air seemed to not exist as Even suddenly stopped breathing. Aaron opened his mouth but closed it back quickly as he noticed her eyes for the 5thtime during the entire trip. So clear and mesmerizing like mermaid’s tears, he thought. The two stayed staring into each other’s eyes for God knows how long; as if the world ceased to exist. When Even finally was able to process her breathing again, she coughed a little which brought Aaron back to consciousness.

 

“Sorry, what was that?” He pretended to not have heard her the first time.

“Oh, uh… I was saying were you alright cause uh… you’re kinda not yourself,” she managed to repeat, mind still fuzzy by his memorizing eyes.

“Oh that. Let’s just say Danson said a few things last night that made me feel a little unwell. Not supposed to tell anyone.”

“What kinda stuff? You can tell me. Oh come on, Danson wouldn’t keep anything from me or the girls.”

“Hullo~ Maybe this secret is meant for man to man? No can do missy. He would probably kill me in my sleep if I told you.”

“Ahh you’re making me more curious! Then don’t tell me anything that he had said anything to you!” Said Even frowning.

“Okay let’s press the rewind button. Ask me again.” He said with a smug smile.

“Are you stupid?! Just say it, I promise you’ll still have your head intact throughout this trip. I swear! Pretty please~ with a cherry on top?”

“Aww I am surprised Even that you care about me that much! Or is it because you lose too much blood? Should I get my mom so they can put you in the hospital?” Aaron said as he stood up and climbing out of the van.

“Don’t you dare avoid the question! Come back here Aaron. Aaron!” She half-shouted and started to get out of the van. Her head was barely out of the door of the van before it head- Aaron’s forehead. He was not aware that she was getting out as well when he spun around in a swift movement. The two let out a cry of pain, and as if it was pre-destined, Even lost her footing from the edge of the van and fell on Aaron and they fell onto the scorching hot graveled road. This time a string of curses left Aaron’s lips. His head throbbed and his back had landed on the hot loose stones on the gravel, slightly biting into his spine. He would not be surprised if different shades of blue and red would appear the next day; hopefully blood-free. His elbows though, would be a different story. He could feel wetness underneath his left one and searing pain on the right. Before he could further examine the rest of his limbs, a groan resounded so close to his right ear. He shivered involuntarily. Even slowly lift up her head and suddenly she sensed a blinding pain across her bottom lip. She touched it tenderly feeling its damage. It was bleeding profusely that it left her gagging; not wanting to get the blood and dirt into . She croaked Aaron’s name wanting to see how he was since she thought he would be worst off as he was the one to cushion her from the fall. He slowly lifted her off of him to look at her. He suddenly was fully aware of how close they were and how she was actually sitting.

 

She probably already noticed how she had her legs on either side of him yet she was not the least bit disturbed and instead was focusing on her scrapped right knee that had a telltale of swelling. Her used to be white flawless skin was now tainted red and brown with smudged blood and dirt. Aaron’s forehead creased as he looked at the damaged she had gotten and yet still looking pretty. What am I thinking seriously?

 

“Ahh… this . Why do I always get into a stupid mess with you? Troublesome girl. Hey, don’t pick on it or you’ll get bacteria in and infect it,” Aaron said in a indignant tone, trying to put off his previous thought of the attractive girl in front him.

 

“Hey! A-ah… Shi-it,” Even was cut off when her top lip suddenly felt like tearing off. She clenched her eyes shut for a moment. Aaron thought she looked so much more in pain than him. When she opened her eyes, a tear slid down her left cheek. As if a man’s instinct had suddenly kicked in, he stood up swiftly despite the protest on his back, and pulled her up to stand slowly. Her right knee buckled but she was supported by Aaron right away and then she felt her body pressed against his muscled body. Even was still lost in a world of rainbows and bunnies when he lifted her up and brought her into the van to sit at the seat nearest to the door. “Wait here. Gonna go tell Uncle that we both need to go to the nearby clinic first and join the others later. Here, clean your wounds first. Don’t be stupid and peel any skin off. Got it? Be right back” he instructed which Even just nodded dumbly at.

 

When he left, she began to notice the way her body slacked on the car seat and the heaviness of her breathing. As if someone had mess with the atmosphere switch, the wind ceased and hot air blew against her face instead. The nerve on her left palm ticked like a clock. She could hear the blood rushing to her head and the beating of her heart echoed in her ears. The weather felt all too warm for comfort and her eyes suddenly grew heavy each passing second. Like a tired kid after a day’s play in school that lay on a fluffy pillow, Even saw black. And not a sound was heard.

 

_________________________

 

End Of Chpater 3

 

_________________________

 

Ahh... I hope it isn't a lame chapter! Please look forward to Chapter 4 which uhm hehe hopefully will be up by the 14th ♫~ Sad..schooll starts already..