Chapter 1: Story of Us

Bad Romance: Heart over Head

______________________________

LOVE LETTER FROM THE AUTHOR ♥

______________________________

Dear Readers,

 I should let you know a few things first: I might use names of actresses/ actors/artists other than Taiwanese... hope you wouldn’t mind. I am not against any celebrities, please don't get offeneded if th ebad characters are one of your favourite people. I would do my best to update according to the date written under the end of every Chapter. Flashbacks, thoughts, or phrases of songs/poems/quotes are written in Italics, some with inverted commas. Probably, you could make use of the song to hype up the mood of the story. Dialogues are written in between inverted commas.  Rise in voice is written in bold.

Pardon me but I worry a lot if my readers do not understand my arrangement of the plot. So, if you had read my foreword, the word ‘rewind’ is in Even’s point of view right? Don’t care about that chunk as it is only to let you know the idea of my story. Anyway, the story will be told from the beginning to the end, but in my point of view.

Finally, the last two things in the list of the things you should know... I DON’T OWN ANY CHARACTERS. THIS STORY is NOT BASED ON THE CELEBRITIES’ REAL LIVES (a.k.a. pure Fiction).

P.S.I will let you know someday why I have to take so much time to write down a Chapter. For now, it’s a SECRET!

Onwards with my first Chapter!

______________________________

Chapter 1

The Story of Us by Taylor Swift

______________________________

Her fingers drummed on the cold window of the bus seat. She bobbed her head to the chorus of the song as a clap of thunder robbed the quietness just for a split second. Maybe if someone had been a little bit observant that day, he or she could have seen a tear that slipped down her pale left cheek from her reflection. The bus came to a halt; she brought a hand to quickly wipe her pretty brown eyes dry, then made a run down the double-decker bus and out across the street, to enter Brighton.

It was half past 8 in the morning, she was obviously late but in her current state she could not care less. Moreover, she was too tired to exert anymore strength running to class. PE class be damned, she seethed. She had been up the whole night, heart torn into two, because she was rejected by a boy she positively had thought would not.

_The flashback_

Wu Chun was her classmate of two years as well as her dream boy since the start of junior high school; smart, tall and could be rather timid. She was a little surprised when a year ago he returned her feelings, befriended her and made a secret pack to not tell anybody for fear of gossip. You see, Even and Chun only texted or called each other but never dared to ask another to go out on a date. They flirt in their texts but none made a move to go further to make it official. Nobody in the class really knew why they never spoke and yet always steal glances at one another in class! They seemed to attract attention whenever they were to exchange a few words in front of their mates, so that made them nervous and talk only when necessary. The after school time was what Even looked forward to the most. This little charade went on until second year of junior high.

Came grade 9, Even started to feel insecure. Chun had been going out with another group of friends that she was not friends with. The scare she got one day was when she saw Chun talking so animatedly to a girl named Angela. Angela was known for her good looks and out-going personality. She was a friendly person that could easily get along with anybody. Even pondered if that was how the girl had charmed her way into Chun’s heart. The usually timid boy transformed before her very eyes as he reached out to take out a leaf off Angela’s ever so perfect hair. Each day, the green eyed monster within her vacant heart grew larger. Even tried to tame it down but it had witnessed events after events and had had enough. It was time to let little monster out and settle its master’s biggest enemy: Little Ms. Coward.

The 30thof July came and Chun’s buddy threw a private house party. Even was unfortunately invited. She was never an impulsive person and always thought through before acting. But all coherent thoughts that night was gone out of her mind. Maybe it was the illegal drink her best friend Rainie had brought to the party that made her go stupid? She watched Chun who was out alone drinking his cup of Coke at the front porch -looking ever so adorable or maybe vulnerable was the right word. Even took a bold step to stand beside him and shook him out of his reverie. She had casually leaned her head on his shoulder and spoke, “Where have you been? I’ve missed you.” She could feel every fibre of her being thinned, as she felt Chun tensed. She knew he would not shrug her off. He was never mean to her before. But Even Wu had never heard of silence quite that loud. It was the most awkward moment she hated so much that made the rejection felt a whole lot embarrassing. She managed to think “wrong move” before Chun ever so gently placed his Coke aside and took her shoulders in his hands- which she could not help but to think how it warmed her to the core and yet turned her heart cold at the same time.

 “Well, I’ve been quite busy with my projects. The guys also have been hanging at my place often. Sorry if I made you feel left out. You know I care about you right? You’re still one of my best friends,” Chun’s velvet voice rang in her ears. Despite the loud music that boomed from the living room, she still could hear the strain in the word ‘care’ as it left his thin lips. But what had hurt most was Chun regarded her as one of the guys, best friends or whatever the term was. She was nowhere near special or girlfriend. The cold truth was he did not want to admit that at least more than once he had treated her more than a friend. It did not matter if Rainie had gotten her a powerful shot or a plain beer because for what mattered she still could remember the times they had. One of the memorable ones flashed across her mind; they had held hands and he had kissed her left cheek. “What was all that then,” she spoke every so softly with a hint of anger but her eyes down cast. It could easily be mistaken as just the wind’s trickery but Chun was so close to her face, which they both did not realize, and had heard it all the same. His body went rigid as he distanced himself from her and returned her question with a bit of a frown, “What do you mean?”

If only the porch was not so dimly lit, anyone could have seen the betrayed look on her face. Before Chun could further speak Even spun away from him and walked briskly towards the road side. He only tried to stop her by calling out to her. Too bad a girl like Even needed more than that. She took a cab home and had locked herself in her room for two days straight before finally facing the curious eyes of her family. She silently thanked her parents for letting her have the bedroom with a connected bathroom.

_End of flashback_

The school bell chimed its regular tune, as Even checked the time on her watch, 10:45. It was already lunch break. Thoughts of Chun always made her lost track of time and lost her focus. She told herself to move on especially after Sunday services, when she received the word of God and found strength. But human brains could remember traumatic events far more clearly than happy ones. She could not help but to fall under depression. Not one good thing that happened in a day could keep her away from thinking of Chun. Her girl friends fussed over her condition. Her complexion was bad and her appetite was weird. She ate only spinach and croutons for breakfast. She would have junk food and meat for lunch and no dinner.

Rainie spoke on her behalf, saying that it was better to eat than not at all. Even’s friends could not agree more; at least she did not become an anorexic. Even had very lively friends and she was glad they were the only capable people to make each day tolerable for her. Even had recently thought of their personality in one word:

 Rainie the straight-forward.

Cyndi the understanding.

Genie the peace maker.

Hebe the thoughtful.

Ella the ambitious.  

Selina the strong willed.

Danson the soft-hearted.

To Even’s surprised they had made quite a popular group. The student body knew about them as well as the teachers. Whether it was for a good or a bad cause, they just did not give a care in the world. For the moment, all she could think about was how she could put a stop to her little drama and focus on her studies. Then in a few months time, she and her friends would be high school students and closer to getting out of Brighton. "As far away from Chun as possible," she thought dreadfully.

 _________________________

End of Chapter 1

_________________________

HI readers! Please help me to brush up my writting skill by commenting constructive criticism! hehe.. And MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODEH, xoxo. Originale from Scheduler2131.

next update: sooner than 29th