Chapter 3: Summer is How He Fall in Love and into Halves

Bad Romance: Heart over Head

   

   

♥Hello! Here’s Chapter 3 PART 1! SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

It seems to me everyone only look forward to GuiLun interaction. Hahah. But please enjoy the other characters too!! They are adorable as well. Uhm… Okay I better move onto the story before I lose subscribers. Hehe. BTW, the songs are quite useful to bring up the mood, try listening to it all the while reading. Don’t worry, most songs I recommend are decent...

FYI:Even and her friends are schooling in Seattle. For summer, their vacation destination is in Bali. It’s a 21-hours flight away and they’re staying at Uncle John’s villa- a close relative to Mr.Yan.

 

 

______________________________

Chapter 3:

Summer is How He Fall in Love and into Halves

______________________________

Part I

♫Brighter than the Sun by Colbie Caillat ♪

______________________________

Status: High school (10th grade, 16 years old) ~Summer Holiday~

 

Rainie! Get up you buffoon!” screamed Even, pulling the blanket off her friend who also pulled back: which resulted in a tug of war. It was 4 hours before their flight to Bali:  a destination for hyperactive high-schoolers. The eight friends had decided to crash in Rainie’s place before their departure for the fun of it. Since they were only sixteen year olds, the trip was accompanied by Rainie’s parents as well her younger siblings: Aaron and Reen. “Ugh~ quit it Even! My alarm hasn’t ringed ye-” Rainie’s voice got caught by an annoying cuckoo tune. “Even your bird’s awake! Come on~ I want to have lunch first in the airport,” continued Even.

“See! You always wake me up before it rings! You’re such a nag… I’m so not sleeping in the same room with you in the villa.” The petty fight continued on. Genie and Selina only shook her head in disbelief.

A few things you should know about these friends are they could still argue like babies until one eventually got tired and had to give in. They knew how to guard secrets very well yet would use it as blackmail to piss each other. They do not bother about decency by talking out loud outside of school and home, but knew how to compose themselves while in front of the other people. But still, they made the pefect clique. 

The drive to the airport was smooth. However, the flight to Denpasar was a little problematic. Even’s hand were aching upon arrival at the airport due to Cyndi’s death grip when the plane shook because of the strong wind. She silently thanked God she made it with fingers still intact. One thing she noticed was the weather felt completely different. It was warmer but with wind. The sun shone bright as it hung above them. They walked silently (the jetlag made most of them moody) to the van that awaited them. Uncle John stepped out of the front seat with a wide smile and welcomed the visitors.

Throughout the ride into the city, everybody except Uncle John and a few of them were still awake. Selina and Cyndi were on the phone texting their boyfriends. Ella and Danson were playing a game of paper scissors. Hebe and Genie were sleeping soundlessly. Rainie’s parents were talking in hushed tones because of sleeping Reen in between them. Then Aaron kept glancing at Even every 5 minutes. Not wanting to talk to him yet, she tried her best to ignore him by playing games in her Torch.

Shortly, they arrived at a posh Bali restaurant and Even could not help but to stare at the unique ornaments on the walls around her. The waitresses brought them to a round dining table in a separated room and took their orders. Feeling adventurous, Even decided to go for a quick look-around. Busy gaping at rare furniture and whatnots, she tripped on a step and unceremoniously fell forward, knocking down a piece of a display comb. Her shins throbbed like hell. A string of curses escaped . Then came a familiar chuckle behind her and she stiffened. “Nice one” Aaron said as he pretended to pull her up, which she gratefully accepted, but he then swiftly let her go before she could fully stand. She fell on her this time and she glared at him with gritted teeth. If they were not in a classy restaurant, she would have pounce on him and rip that smile off his pretty face. Wait, did I just think he’s pretty? My must have hit the floor too hard…

He raised both his hands in defense and lamely answered: “Hahaha… sorry. I thought you like falling so much.”

“Rude idiot,” Even mumbled as she got up on her own and limped her way back to the dining room, not sparing him another glance. Aaron just smiled to himself and quietly followed behind her. He had no idea why every word she said seemed like music to his ears. She might have forgotten him the past few months since their so-called first meeting, but he had not. He made sure this time; he would be etched real deep in her mind.

 

_flashback_

Aaron in 8th Grade (14 years old) and Even in 9th (15 years old)

When at home, Aaron’s parents would always thought of how diligent and hard-working he was; in his room oh-so-quietly doing his school work. In reality, Aaron was putting down his thoughts on his little iPad he hid under his study table. These thoughts involved neither science nor history but rather, a certain girl he met during Rainie’s 15th birthday in the previous week. The girl was pretty with her hair down and a white pearl clip to hold her long fringe up. She was elegant in her fitting crème sleeveless-shirt and fuchsia knee length high-waist skirt that hug her slim form. She stood a head shorter than him with her flats on, as she held out her hand and introduced herself. “Hi. I’m Even,” she smiled warmly. Aaron was sure she was not normal. Firstly, her face had this inhumane glow and she did not appear to be with any make-up on. Secondly, she had a natural blush that made her cheeks look like peaches. Thirdly, her skin was smooth like silicone and weirdly addictive when he took it. He almost wanted to never let go. But before he could introduce himself, she was pulled away by her group of friends and he was left standing like an idiot, still caught under her spell.

 Late into the night after the party, he sat on his bed drowned in his thoughts. His head and heart was battling whether he should risk asking Rainie about Even or not. Deep down he knew Rainie would not like it if he display interest for her friend. After all, Rainie and Reen were aware of his playboy acts in school. Both certainly wanted none of their friends mingling with their brother. He never tried before, why would he try now? Oh right, because the girl would be a waste to miss, his heart answered his head. Then again, Rainie’s answer would be obviously to steer him away from getting to Even. So the battle with his head went on until dawn break. Before closing his eyes to finally get at least an hour of sleep before school, he made up his mind to do what was right: break up with Ariel and stop all nonsense with the other girls.

_End of flashback_

 

The food arrived on their table and the big group proceeded with their meal. Soon, a lively chatter among his family and Rainie’s friends began. Reen was already attached to Even, yapping about how cute K-pop bands are and which boy band she loved. Even originally wanted to sit in between her girlfriends but due to her late arrival, she was sandwiched between Reen and Aaron. Speaking of the boy, he was very uncomfortable. Every moment his mom turned to Even to talk to her, he was forced to be included in the conversation. Sometimes he felt that his mom was trying to get him and Even to talk to each other. To his relief Even answered his mom in a way that he would never have to say anything to her. What's his mom’s intention anyway, his mind voiced out. Still feeling weird, he reached for the same sweet and spicy chicken drumstick as Even. She looked surprised at him and sheepishly smiled at him before pulling her hand back. She gestured for him to take it, which he did, but she did not expect him to place the drumstick on her plate. “A peace offering to the Queen,” Aaron spoke as he slightly bowed his head and smile. Even looked weirdly at him but was unable to stay cold towards him any longer. Her face broke into a full smile before Aaron was able to hear her wonderful laugh. Guess I’m forgiven, Aaron thought happily. He laughed along with her and they quietly went back to eating, each still thinking of the other. Even was relieved that the others were unaware of their sweet exchange.

 

____________________________

End of part I

____________________________

 

Next Update: January 6th or earlier  ♥☺