Chapter 8: Waiting For Superman

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

I opened my eyes, vision still blurry. I need air. I struggled to the surface, my back and ribs still in pain. I gasped at the surface. What was I ever here for…? Oh right! The girl! My back and ribs still throbbing, I forced my way down to the bottom. Finally, I saw the safe. I grabbed the door to the metal box, attempting to pull it open. It went some of the way. My lungs started to scream for air. Using my heat vision, melted away part of the hinges and lock, finally getting the door open. I pulled the body out and started to swim to the top. My vision blurred and spotted black as I swam. I gasped for air when I hit the top. Flying up to the edge of the dock. I laid the body down and laid on my stomach beside her. ing lose, lose both ways if you ask me. Can’t lay on my back, can’t lay on my stomach. Stomach hurt less though so I decided to not push the knife further into my back. I continued to coughing and struggle for oxygen until I was somewhat okay. I pushed myself off the ground and rolled the girl over. I cursed at myself mentally. Tiffany. Her beautiful brunette hair was a tangled mess, her stunning milky white complexion was now a pale gray and her addicting pink plump lips were now light blue. She looked… dead. I placed two hands on her chest. She can’t be dead; I have to save her. Thirty to five. Thirty presses, two breaths. Five rounds. Here we go. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

Come on Tiff!

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

I checked for a pulse. It was faint but still there. I grabbed her chin. And pinched her nose closed. Took a deep breath and gave to mouth. One, I took a deep breath in again, two. Please wake up Tiff. Don't leave me. Not now. She started coughing. I pulled back and laid on my stomach. Thank God. I stared at her. Panting. My head was starting to get light headed and my back was still throbbing, as well as my ribs. Tiffany was still coughing and wheezing. She turned her head and stared straight into my eyes and smiled. My heart beat like a drum on my chest. It really hurt my ribs, but even in this state, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. I grabbed her hand and held it. Squeezing it tight. Don't worry Tiff. I got you. I picked myself up off the ground and put her arms around my neck. Then picked her up in my arms bridal style. Ribs! . I bit my lip and carried her like the first time I saved her. I started to fly to her house with all the strength I had left. I knew exactly where she lived. I use to follower her home when we were younger… don’t judge… I flew around to the first open window I saw and laid her on the floor. Spots were clouding my vision again. My eyes rolled to the back of my head. My body thumping to the ground.

 

When I woke up, my face was laying on something soft, and fluffy. I felt around me… a bed… five more minutes. I smiled and closed my eyes, shoving my face back into the pillow. This bed smells really good. Strawberries… and vanilla… smells like Tiffany… Tiffany… I shot open my eyes and tried to sit up. My back and my ribs! God, I sound old… I groaned and laid back down. Damn. I gotta go, I can't have her knowing who I am...

“Hey! You’re awake!” Said a raspy voice. The person came to my bedside and smiled. She literally took my breath away. Her eyes were twinkling again, her skin was flushed with life and lips looked pink and addicting as ever.

“Are you okay? Do you need water?” She asked, checking my forehead. I shook my head. My face started heating up.

“You’re burning back up again, I’ll be right back. Stay here.” Where else could I go? Can't walk, can’t sit up. I tried to turn my body so I could attempt to crawl away, but I fell back down again. This time, I tried flying, I was able to fly just over the bed to the foot of it. Tiffany came in and gasped. I snapped my head up and dropped to the floor with a thump. Ow… my ribs...

“What are you doing? You were… flying?” She stopped to stare at me.

I nodded. My face still on the rug. My ribs throbbing in pain.

“You can fly!” Tiffany looked at me on the ground.

“Oh… right,” she started to help me up but then she flushed bright pink.

“You… I forgot to uh…” I raised an eyebrow. Then glanced down. I was in sweatpants and my very black and lacy bra. I think I had underwear on… I didn’t check to look. I just buried my face in my arms instead.

“I left your own underwear on you. Don’t worry. C-Can you fly up a bit, to like, a standing position?”

I tried hovering up, I could just barely get to my knees when my power gave out. A pair of arms caught me before I could fall, she helped me back to her bed.

“Th-Thanks…” I groaned out.

“No problem” Tiff grinned awkwardly. I looked away from her.

“But that’s so cool that you can fly!”

She exclaimed. A bright smiled plastered on her face. She took a glance at my back.

“Oh! I need to change your bandages. That knife wound was pretty deep. I figured you didn’t want to go to the hospital because of the whole ‘secret identity’ thing. So I had to stitch you up myself. The ribs I can’t do much about. You just need to let those heal” she handed me a glass and some pills. I looked up at her questionably. “It's not gonna kill you. They aren't drugs. Well, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter