Chapter 17: Day n' Life of Your Superhero

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA POV

“You what now?” Tiffany said pacing in front of Taeyeon. I looked at Tiffany then back to Taeyeon. This is going to be one hell of a fight. “L-Look Pany, it was an accident! Y-You know I can’t handle broken bones and blood. Remember when you got your belly button pierced and I passed out from seeing the needle go through?” Tiffany took a deep sigh and rubbed the bridge of her nose. “How are you able to watch such action-packed films when you can’t even see your finger get a fricking papercut?” she sighed in annoyance and walked into the kitchen. I looked at Taeyeon and mouthed ‘one second’. I limped upstairs to change into my normal clothes and rushed back down as fast as my still mending body could go. “Don’t worry Taeyeon, you know how she gets. I got this.” She nodded and looked down at her hands depressingly.

As I walked into the kitchen, Tiffany was pacing with her head down and talking to herself, mumbling little words here and there. I adjusted my glasses and stood in the middle of her pace, waiting for her to stop. She did exactly as I thought and looked up. “Can I help you?” she said in a sharp tone and a menacing look. Uh-oh, HellFany was loose… I gulped before starting, adjusting my glasses again. “L-Look Tiff, I’m sure Supergirl is fine. You don’t need to worry about her. I-I just texted her and she said that most of her bones are uhm… m-mending together nicely and she would like me, to give you, her t-thanks.” Tiffany's face started to smoothen out a little more when she heard the good news. Now’s your chance Jung, ask her for a date! I hesitated; clearing my throat before I made my decision. “S-She also said s-she would like to give you her thanks by taking you on a flight around the city… a-and an interview. A personal one-on-one I-interview with Supergirl.” Tiffany’s eyes instantly lit up. She gave me her gorgeous eye-smile and pulled me in for a tight embrace. “Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! When did she say she’d pick me up?” , I never thought this far. I paused for a moment. “Uhm she said… I pulled out my phone and quickly texted myself. “S-She said… T-Tomorrow, at uhh… 7 PM. Bring a light sweater or jacket and uhm… close-toed shoes.” Tiffany raised an eyebrow for my broken-up sentence, but soon enough brushed it off. I caught Taeyeon peeking around the corner at the two of us and quickly turned off my phone. “T-Tiff…” she hummed in response, typing away on her phone, “I-I think you should go apologies to Taeyeon, y-you shouldn’t have been so harsh on her. S-She’s a sensitive person I guess, and I didn’t think I-I was right for you to go off on her like that.” She looked at me and nodded. “Thanks for passing on the message.” She kissed my check and skipped away to the living room where Taeyeon was. I poured a glass of water out for myself and was about to go sit with my friends when all the sudden, a small cry for help rung in my ears. I quickly poured out my cup and limped up the stairs to grab my purse.

As I limped my way down, Tiffany and Taeyeon stopped me in my tracks. “And where do you think you’re going?” Asked Tiffany. Both, standing side by side arms, crossed. I gulped and adjusted my glasses. Two beautiful girls staring at me? Aish… I hate being gay at moments like these. “O-Out… my A-Appa called me and h-he wants me home b-because our great cousin’s… baby fish… yeah, baby goldfish just died, I’ll see you tomorrow at school though, yeah?”

“Wait, Jess- “

“T-Thanks for having me. Mr. Hwang-ssi! T-Tiffany, Taeyeon.” I bowed as I closed the door behind me. My leg was still mending together so I decided to take the faster way. I flew up from the side of Tiffany’s house straight to my window. “Unnie is that you?” Krystal knocked on my door. I changed into my suit as quick as possible.

“Yea, I heard someone calling me so I’m going to do my patrol early.”

“Alright, don’t up the suit!”

“No promises!”

I flew into the air and started to scout. Flying around doing whatever I could do that wouldn’t bore me to death when I finally saw something worth stopping for. I flew down swiftly and slowly. There was a little old lady pacing around the tree.

“Ma’am, what seems to be the problem?” she took a quick glance, then did a double take. Her jaw dropped as she watched me fly down. She looked slightly frightened. Maybe I shouldn’t have come flying down…

“Look, ma’am, my name is Supergirl, I’m here to help. I’m not going to hurt you. What seems to be the problem?”

“Oh Supergirl, it's my pet; M-Missy. She climbed the tree and I can’t get her down. Please help!”

“Alright, no problem!”

I flew up to the top of the tree. What the f… an iguana? Alright… nice iguana lizard thingy. As I reached out for the Iguana, it hissed loudly and scrambled away.

“Be nice to her, please! She’s very delicate!”

“O-Oh okay!”

I tried reaching out again, slowly and steadily, grabbing it by its tail. It started hissing and squirming again, I put it back on the branch but instead of it squirming away, it launched its self onto my face.

“Is she alright Supergirl? Why are you flying in circles? Don’t hurt Missy!”

More like she’s hurting me! my eye! Claw in my eye!

I lowered myself down. The lady pried the lizard off my face and squeezed it.

“Oh, Missy! Bad girl!” she started scolding the large lizard, shoving her pointer finger in its face.

“Thank you so much Supergirl!” I waved her off and flew away. Good God of Krypton, that thing is evil. I took a quick glance back and flinched when it hissed at me. That was horrible. The rest of the day was mostly, helping old people cross the street, saving a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter