Chapter 14: Mrs. Hwang

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

 

I hoped Tiffany was okay. I decided to use my powers and focused in on the situation, using my x-ray vision and superhearing. There was a girl and a man, possibly Tiffany, and her father. The man was standing over top of her and screaming. He was yelling and bringing his foot back every once in awhile, slamming it into the girl. My hate soon started to burn. I rushed up to the door and knocked rapidly. Almost immediately, the screaming stopped. Muffled talking was heard through the door. A couple seconds later, a click came. Her father stood in my way. I heard muffled sobbing in the back. Tiffany, please stay strong. I'm coming. Don't you worry.

“Hello sir, I was coming to…” , what am I supposed to say? He raised an eyebrow at me.

“If ya got somethin’ to say. Then say it. I'm in the middle of… dinner, Jesshika.”

I scrunched my nose a couple of times so he wouldn't notice. He reeked of alcohol. I thought he was a pastor...?

“I-I-”

“Right… Tell your dad that he's an . Goodnight!” He started to close the door. Wait… what did my father have to do with this? What the hell…?

“W-Wait! I-I uh, I wanted to see if Tiffany wanted to uh, go on a, uh, date with me.” he glared at me. Right, Pastor...

“N-Not that kind of date sir! Just a friendly date. I actually have a girl-... erm boyfriend sir her-his name is… Siwan. Yeah.” Me and my stupid gayness...

He raised an eyebrow at me.

“No can do Jesshika. She's eating dinn’ with me.”

“N-No I'm not! Jessi-” A small quivering voice came from behind him. He spun around and glared daggers at her from what I could see because she flinched. He walked over to her and grabbed her by the arm.

“Stephanie MiYoung Hwang! What did I tell ya? Go t’ your room!”

I was trying my hardest to see Tiff, bending in every which way, trying to get a good glimpse of my beautiful angel. I just wanted to make sure she was okay, but the big bloke was in my way.

“Go to y’er in’ room. Right now!” he shook her then threw her against the wall right in front of me. That was it. I pushed my glasses to the bridge of my nose and threw my purse down. I stomped over to her dad and whirled him around.

“What the-?”

“Goodnight, Ahjushi.” I brought my fist back and landed a blow squarely to the jaw, instantly knocking him out.

“A-Appa!” Tiffany cried out. She rolled him over face-up. A soft snore came from the old man. She sighed in relief. Tiff looked up at me and glared. Did I do something wrong?

“Jessica! What the hell? You can't just punch everyone you see! That's not how the world works and that's definitely not how you solve problems.” … she used my full name... Tiff started to pick her father off the ground. I stayed absolutely silent. I thought I would get praised, not scolded. She seemed furious for some reason and I didn't want to upset her any further. I walked over to the two of them and took her dad out of her arms and into mine.

“Hey! What the-”

I ignored Tiffany and carried him up the stairs, stopping at the top of the stairs. I looked at Tiff, waiting for her to give me the directions to his room.

“It's the one on the right.” I nodded and turned the handle. I plopped him on his bed and started to make my way out of the room. I was met face to face with the girl I loved the most. Her right cheek was bruised, her lip and eyes were puffy and swollen. She was shaking and trembling before me and her eyes were filled with anguish. She was a mess. A beautiful gorgeous mess. I stared straight into her beautiful brown orbs and pulled her into a hug. She started to resist, pushing me and beating my chest.

“J-Jessi! G-Get off me! I-I… I…”

She finally stopped resisting me and pounding at my chest after a good five minutes. She collapsed in my arms, shaking and crying, sobbing into my shirt. I decided not to ask any questions. She obviously wasn't in the mood to talk about it and I wanted to respect that.

“J-Jessi… help me… please,” She sobbed out. My heart shattered just hearing that small cry. She faced me and returned the embrace, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck.

“Don't worry. I’ll protect you. I always will. Remember my promise? Just call my name and I’ll be there. Just like Kim Possible,”

She giggled a bit. I smiled softly. Her breathing stopped shaking. My heart continued to race.

“Now, are you hungry?” I ask her. Tiff’s face still nuzzled in my neck. She nodded. I pulled her away and gave her a warm smile.

“Alright. Let's grab some pizza, do you want me to call Taeyeon?”

She nodded her head. My heart dropped hearing she wanted Taeyeon instead of me. I assumed she’d want to spend her time with me, but Taeyeon is her best friend, so I understand. I nodded and pulled out my phone.

“Number?”

“Xxx-xxx-xxxx”

“Okay,”

I dialed the number and put the device up to my ear.

“This is Kim Taeyeon, how may I help?”

I laughed at her intro.

“W-Who is this?”

“It's Sooyeon. Jung Sooyeon”

“Oh, Jeshika! Hey, how’s it goin’?”

“Good thanks, could you come to Tiffany’s house, please? We’re having sort of a… dilemma…”

“... Is it her dad again?”

“H-How-”

“She’s had this before. She usually spends the night when her dad comes and abuses her,”

“I-I see...”

“Yeah, I’m coming now. Be there in three,”

“Th-Three?”

“Yeah. I’m just a few blocks down. Pack her bags and get her into a different change of clothes. Pack a couple movies in there too,”

“Oh, and pizza, she's hungry,"

"Alright, anything else?"

"Y-Yeah... Can I ask you something?”

“No... Just kidding, what's up?”

I walked out of the room for a second.

“How long has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter