official

Kim Jinwoo Drabbles

Based on a prompt from Lee Hi's song Official - "I wanna be your girl I wanna make you feel That I am yours I wanna be official" 


The thought of Jinwoo ever being a disappointment is absurd. Leaving her guilt ridden for blaming him, petty that he refused to be her plus-one for tonight’s end of year party. 

But the constant so, where is he? or oh he’s not coming again? coupled with a skeptical look on her colleague’s faces, made her wish that the marbled floors would open up and swallow her whole. 

She understood his reasons for wanting to keep what they have under wraps, mostly for her best interests and partly because he was never fond of the unnecessary spotlight. 

His close friends came to know of their relationship from other people’s mouths, having spotted him sneaking out at ungodly hours and coming home with a smile too lovesick and berry red cheeks. 

Counting down the minutes until going home deemed reasonable became increasingly addictive. So much so that she almost dropped the glass that kept her company when a strong hand rested on the small of her back, rubbing a quiet hello that felt all too familiar. 

The smell of expensive sandalwood with a hint of musk gave Jinwoo away, curling her in close to his side with one hand tender on her hip. 

“You came.” She breathed, surprise fizzing in her tone. 

Jinwoo looked ahead, eyes roaming over the ballroom and she caught the smile he tried to fight. 

“Hm.” He hummed softly, “I was planning on laying low for a while, but saw you in this dress and couldn’t help myself.” 

He shot her the widest, dimply grin, the bright brown of his eyes threatening to drown her all together. 

She tipped her chin up and murmured into his ears, “You’re not so bad yourself, Kim Jinwoo.” 

People that mingled by seemed to agree, failing miserably to keep from staring at his dazzling presence, clean cut handsome in a suit and tie. 

“Did something hit you on the head?” She chuckled, peeling away from his hold that normally would stay private.

He runs his hand slowly down her arm before weaving their fingers together, never taking his eyes off her.

It felt silly how her heart still raced when he looked at her this way, even more so when they were both in the midst of curious eyes.

“I know how it feels like coming to events like these and wishing you were there with me.” Jinwoo confessed almost apologetically, squeezing her hand.

She was overwhelmed, close to peppering him with kisses but perhaps that should wait.

“So it’s official then?” She beamed back at him.

“It always has been.”