no personal space

Kim Jinwoo Drabbles

 

 

To assume that Jinwoo was the youngest in the group would be an honest mistake. He would be extremely affectionate to the point where you questioned his ways because apparently it was just too damn distracting. It sparked thoughts of his feelings for you, one that was more fitting for more than just a friend. Though you were quick to chuck the thought away seeing how loving he is towards his bandmates, with Seunghoon being his latest target. The two were inseparable, wherever Seunghoon was, it wouldn’t be so much of a surprise to see Jinwoo clinging on to him like a koala -or vice versa.

Hence, it wasn’t so strange either to have him act this way around you. You’ve come to settle on the fact that it was just a habit of his although it hadn’t grown on you as much as you liked it to be. Not that you were complaining or anything, but your reaction bothered you, wishing that you wouldn’t be so baffled every single time. Giving him any ideas would be the last thing on your list, if not at all.

To couches that seemed to stretch for eternity across the living room to empty elevators and bus stop benches, he would always opt to squeeze in next to you, paying no attention to the rest of the vast space that were more than available.

Until one afternoon, you were sprawled out on the floor, on your side as you browsed away on his laptop. There were dozens of open tabs filled with drama updates, cat videos and some rather suspicious ones that you left alone.

Having spent some time giggling to yourself, Jinwoo couldn’t help but feel left out at your attention to something else but him. It was your day off, and the two of you were usually too worn out to do anything choosing to stay in with each other’s company instead.

“What’s so funny?” He eyes you from the kitchen, and you perk over the shoulder, beaming eyes and all sorts of bright. Jinwoo finds himself smiling back, how can he not when his stomach flutters at the mere sight of you?

“Where do you find all these cat videos?” You say with a chuckle, head buried in the crook of your arm.

“Oh, that one?” The sudden change in proximity of his voice startles you, inches from your ears and you twist back to have your face practically planted to his. You swore he was just in the kitchen a second ago.

Jinwoo had made himself comfortable behind you, peering from over your shoulders, stealing a glance at whatever it was that occupied you. Distance was definitely not spared in his head, as a slight turn of your head has his lips brushed against yours.

His innocent eyes so wide, it was impossible to tell if he really didn’t see the consequences of his blatant actions. Jinwoo stares back at you, so close you could see your reflection in his brown eyes. It felt like forever and you could hear your pulse, pounding in your ears before you see the length of his lashes closing in, just as his soft lips did on yours.

Anyone that knows him would agree that gentleness radiates off him but to have Kim Jinwoo kiss you was something else. He was just as passionate as you imagined him to be, but there was a tinge of dominance in the way he grabs the back of your neck, not wanting to let go just yet.

He pulls away just when you think he wouldn’t, a shy smile hidden as he purses his flushed lips together.

No words were needed and at that moment, you were convinced none could be uttered anyway. The way his laugh ruptured the silence delightfully was enough to infect you. His palm found the side of your tinted cheeks moments later, barely hesitating as he leans in to kiss you once more.


//