(More) Problems Pt. 2

Don't You Dare Jungkook

 

 

    “You know very well what I'm talking about.” Jungkook’s father booms.

    Yoongi was getting irritated. He only wanted to be with Jungkook. “Actually sir, I don't. Please elaborate.”

    “I see you've gotten more eloquent.” Jungkook’s mom jumps in.

    “Look, I want you to stay away from Jungkook.”

    “Yeah I got that part sir, but why?”

    “You--”

    “Hyung?”

    Yoongi and Jungkook’s parents turn around to see Jungkook and Taehyung.

    “Jungkook. To your room.” Jungkook’s mother says.

    Jungkook sighs. “Hyung, didn't you go home?”

    “I have my reasons,” Yoongi says and takes a glance at Jungkook’s dad.

    Taehyung strides over to Yoongi and whispers something. Yoongi frowns and shifts his eyes towards the parents.

    “Jungkook. To your room. Now.” Jungkook’s mother tries again.

    “I'm talking to someone, mom,” Jungkook replies as he gets a nervous feeling. What’d he say to hyung?

    “And I'm talking to you. Your room. Now.”

    “Mrs. Jeon, um. Can I talk to you for a few moments? Outside of this room?” Taehyung pipes up and strolls over to Jungkook’s parents.

    “Jungkook when I come back you better be in your room.”

    “You too Mr. Jeon.” Taehyung gestures.

    Mr. Jeon hesitates but he glares at Yoongi before exiting with Taehyung.

    “Hyung, I asked you to go home.” Jungkook starts.

    “No, Tae did. And I was going to but I got worried and came back.”

    “But--you're-just-you can't be here.”

    “Why?”

    “Because Hyung...you can't.”

    “You can't just tell me to leave without a good reason. I practically live here; my stuff already does.”

    Jungkook’s eyes widen. “Heaven’s gates you're right! Your stuff is here!” Jungkook immediately goes to find Taehyung and Yoongi follows, in confusion.

    Jungkook finds Taehyung demonstrating some sort of charade-like game and he whisper-yells towards his best friend.

    Taehyung sees him and slightly waves. Jungkook furrows his eyebrows and Taehyung immediately stands in front of Jungkook’s parents (with his back towards them) to block their view.

    “Taehyung? Why’re you standing like that?” Mrs. Jeon asks.

    “Oh uh-I’m just trying a new game so write down what you think I’m demonstrating!” Taehyung smiles. Jungkook’s parents are perplexed about the situation but they start writing stuff down on the notepad Taehyung had given them anyway.

    ‘Yes?’ Taehyung mouths to Jungkook when Mr. and Mrs. Jeon seem to be in full concentration mode.

    ‘Hyung’s stuff is here.’ Jungkook mouths back.

    ‘What?’ Taehyung’s face becomes puzzled.

    ‘Hyung’s,” Jungkook begins again while pointing to Yoongi, ‘stuff is here.’

    ‘What about hyung??’

    “Son of a-” Jungkook sighs and tries again, this time, whispering louder while pointing dramatically to the small man (who's getting more and more demented as the situation goes on) next to him. ‘YOONGI. HYUNG’S. STUFF. IS IN THIS HOUSE.’

    Taehyung finally got it. ‘Oh. Oh.’

    Jungkook nods his head with a ‘yeah. Yeah.’

    ‘I'll distract them.’ Taehyung whips around and continues his movements.

    “Why would it matter if my stuff is here?” Yoongi quietly asks Jungkook.

    “My parents will make assumptions.”

    “Oh.” Yoongi pauses. “Oh.”

    “We gotta make sure they don't go near your room.”

    “They won't listen to me.”

    “What do we do?”

    “Tae seems to have them busy.”

    “You have a lock on your door so why don't you go stay there for a while? I'll just say it's where I keep my games and stuff so I like it locked.”

    “What?! I have a say in this too! I'm worried! I have to talk to your parents!”

    “I'm sorry, Hyung. This is the one day where I can't listen to you. It's for your sake Hyung. Honest.” Jungkook says as he picks up Yoongi and carries him towards the room.

    “Don’t you dare do this Jungkook. I will actually fight you.” Yoongi squirms in attempt to escape but it doesn’t work out.

    “I know, but it’s really for your sake.”

    “Argh! Why can’t you just admit you’re doing it for your own sanity! It’s not like I’m gonna judge you for it!” Yoongi squirms in Jungkook’s arms. Jungkook sighs deeply.

    When they reached the room, Jungkook immediately sets Yoongi down and locks the door from the outside. Yoongi curses mentally and sits down. He looks around and remembers the room has a window.

Meanwhile, with Jungkook…

    Jungkook runs back to where Taehyung was and sees his longtime friend entertaining his unamused parents with a very dramatic soap opera reenactment.

    “Tae.” Jungkook calls and Taehyung quickly excuses himself with a sigh as the Jeon parents look grim towards their son; they, however, continue to guess what Taehyung was reenacting.

    “Took ya long enough. What do we do?”

    “Well. Hyung’s--” Jungkook pauses because his parents seem to be very well aware of the conversation, “gone home,” he continues with emphasis on where “home” was.

    “I see,” Taehyung says with a wink and Jungkook rolls his eyes. “What now?”

    “We eat. I’m hungry. Mom, Dad, would you like to eat?” Jungkook forces the smile.

    Mr. and Mrs. Jeon nervously smile back and agree to finally eat.

    Jungkook orders a decent meal from a nearby noodle shop and the four (which includes Taehyung) sit down to have their dinner. The doorbell suddenly rings and Mrs. Jeon automatically stands up to get it without checking the monitor.

    “Jungkook, dear, do you always have this many visitors?” She says as she disappears to the door.

    “Son.”

    “Hm?”

    “It’s “yes” when you answer me. Use your words.” Mr. Jeon grimaces.

    “Yes?” Jungkook habitually corrects which results in Taehyung kicking his friend.

    “That boy,” Mr. Jeon starts.

    “You mean Yoongi-hyung?” Jungkook eats his noodles as he starts to sense where the conversation was going.

    “Yes, um, Yoongi. I’d appreciate it if you don’t hang around him.”

    “Sir, I’m already in college, I’d appreciate it if I can make decisions of my own.”

    Mr. Jeon gives a frustrated grunt. “He’s a bad influence, Jungkook.”

    “His dad is, what, your best friend? Why can’t I be friends with your friend’s son?”

    “His dad is a different story. He’s not like his son.”

    Jungkook’s eyebrows furrow out without saying anything.

    “I want you to stay away from Yoongi.”

    “Jungkook!” Mrs. Jeon’s voice resonates through the place.

    Jungkook instinctively runs to his mother and sees Yoongi at the door.