An Unwelcome(?) Call

Don't You Dare Jungkook

A/N: I'M BACK! A bit late, but I'm back. It's short but please enjoy it! I'll update next week! It'll be between Sunday to Tuesday so please bear with me. I love you all! 

---------------------------------

 

    Jungkook was walking back to his house as he replays the conversation he had with Yoongi that morning.

    “I obviously care about it or I wouldn’t stay at your overwhelming place.” Yoongi is now the one with his arms crossed and his hip popped into the sassiest pose possible.

    “You think my place is overwhelming?” Jungkook asks.

    “It’s a mansion. I’m poor and broke. I grew up in a small town. I’ve never been in something as grand as your place.” Yoongi explains.

    The word “overwhelming” echoed throughout Jungkook’s head. He didn’t want Yoongi to feel overwhelmed when he was with him. So, he made a decision to make his place not overwhelming.

    Though he had no idea how to do that.

    Hyung isn’t poor. But he ain’t rich either. Um...how do I do this without mom and dad finding out? They’re coming back when I go back to school...Jungkook was deep in thought as he walked. Oh! I’ll go see what Hyung’s apartment looks like and make just Hyung’s room look like that! Jeon Jungkook, you are a pure genius. Jungkook applauds himself as he turns around and heads towards Yoongi’s apartment instead.

    As he speed walks there, an obstacle stands in his way. Wait. How do I get in? Jungkook pauses. Then he smiles. I’ll ask Namjoon-hyungJungkook whips out his phone and dials Namjoon. They had all shared each other’s contact info a few days before.

    “Hey Jungkook. What’s up?” Namjoon’s voice comes through the phone.

    “Hi Hyung! Um. So, I wanna do something for Hyung so he could be more comfortable at my place. But I need his apartment to do it. May I have the passcode to his place?” Jungkook explains his situation.

    “Um...I know the passcode but I don’t trust you. Why do you need Hyung’s place?” Namjoon was suspicious. “How do I even know this is you?”

    Jungkook sighs. “It’s me Hyung. Promise. I just need to see what Hyung’s apartment looks like so I can make my place looks similar so he can be comfortable.”

    “I still don’t trust you. Meet me at the cafe near Yoongi-hyung’s shop and I’ll personally take you there.” Namjoon decided.

    “But I’m already three blocks away from Hyung’s apartment.”

    “Then I ain’t giving you the password.”

    Jungkook sighs. “Okay okay. I’ll see you in a few Hyung.”

    “I’ll see you then Jungkook.” Namjoon says and hangs up.

    Jungkook turns his heels once more and heads to the cafe. At this point, he’s more than a regular customer.

    Once Jungkook reaches the cafe and walks in, he spots Namjoon right away.

    “Hi Hyung.” Jungkook greets as he takes a seat across from Namjoon.

    “Hey there. Now, tell me about this plan of yours.”

    “Well. I was being a baby this morning and argued with Hyung for a bit. He then said that he cared for me or he wouldn’t stay with me at my “overwhelming place.” So, I decided that I want to make my place more to Hyung’s tastes. Or he might leave me!” Jungkook’s mind goes to a dark place real fast.

    “Woah there Kook’s. Calm thy self. I’ll help. But I have to come with you to the apartment. I can’t just give you the passcode or the location of the spare key. That would be stupid of me.” Namjoon says and stands up.

    Jungkook’s eyes follow Namjoon as Namjoon nearly exits the cafe but turns back, “you coming? Or am I doing this alone?”

    Jungkook smiles and jumps up. The walk to Yoongi’s apartment was a quiet one until Namjoon breaks the silence. “So, how are we gonna do this?”

    “Um...I was thinking of getting a picture of Hyung’s room and then redecorate Hyung’s room at my place to look like it.” Jungkook says.

    “Your parents are allowing this?”

    “They...they don’t care to begin with. As long as I get good grades, it doesn’t matter to them what I do.” Jungkook almost mumbles.

    Namjoon looks at Jungkook in silence. How unfortunate. I wonder how Yoongi-hyung will react to Jungkook’s parents. Namjoon takes a breath. “Well then, we don’t have to worry much right? We just need some stuff similar to what’s in Hyung’s room and he’ll be in comfort in no time.”

    “Yup!” Jungkook smiles. The two reach Yoongi’s apartment and Namjoon skillfully punches in Yoongi’s passcode without Jungkook looking. As in, he was being very secretive as he blocks Jungkook’s view of the passcode.

    “Hyung...you can trust me you know. I’ve never let you down before.”

    “Not yet you haven’t. Because remember, hurt Hyung in anyway, and I will make sure that the name Jeon Jungkook ends up in the graveyard.”

    Jungkook freezes. He’s seen the lengths that Yoongi’s friends go for Yoongi so he had to be careful.

    The two walk into Yoongi’s apartment and turn on the light. Jungkook looks around. He smiles. Hyung’s scent is all over the room! It’s perfect. It’s just like Hyung. Maybe I can move in with him…

    “Well. Are you getting the picture or not?” Namjoon says as he leans on the door of Yoongi’s room.

    “Huh? Oh. Yeah!” Jungkook smiles. He peeks his head into Yoongi’s room. To Jungkook’s surprise, Yoongi’s room was shockingly neat. Jungkook thought that with the amount of laziness that Yoongi has and how devoted he is to music, he thought Yoongi’s room would be a bit more...unorganized. But everything was in it’s place, papers stacked neatly on his desk, bed made, and a giant poster of Kumamon hangs on the wall. Shocking.

    “Are you gonna take a picture or are you gonna stand there all day?” Namjoon was getting impatient. “Dude. I have work too. My break is about to end. Let’s speed this up.”

   Jungkook snaps out of his thoughts and takes out his phone. He clicks on the camera app and takes a picture of Yoongi’s room. Now I have to go buy a giant poster of Kumamon. Where does one find a poster of a Japanese mascot in Korea? I’ll ask Tae. He’s the anime expert. Wait. Kumamon isn’t anime...ooh ooh! Noona! Kyung-ok loves Japan! She goes there almost every summer! She’ll know where to get one. Yup yup yup. I’ll ask her. 
    “Okay, are you good now? Shall we go?” Namjoon urges.

    “Yup! Let’s go.” Jungkook and Namjoon leave Yoongi’s apartment unscathed and seemingly untouched.

    “Okay Kookie. I gotta get back to work. I trust that you’ll be smart about what you do with that picture.” Namjoons says and heads back to his workplace first.

    Jungkook smiles to himself as he walks to his house. On the way, he calls Kyung-ok.

    “Noona?”

    “Hmm? Jungkookie! How are you my little bunny?” Kyung-ok beams.

    “I’m good Noona. How are you?”

    “I’m doing better. Did you need something?”

    “Um. Do you know where I can find posters of mascots?”

    “What? Mascots? Mascots of what?”

    “Um...Mascots. Just mascots.” Jungkook needed to be cautious not to bring up Yoongi or anything that might trigger the topic of Yoongi.

    “You’re out of luck there hun. The only place I know is the internet. Ordering online is the best I can do for ya.”

    Jungkook couldn’t believe he forgot the internet existed. “Nah Noona. I’m good. Thank you though. I’ll go order it myself. Thanks!”

    “Sure I guess.” Kyung-ok was confused but was happy she could help anyway.

    The phone call ended and Jungkook sprints home to start his “Make Hyung Cozy” plan. He gets home, he goes to his room and he logs on. But poor Jungkook forgot one important thing.

    Website. What website? Uggghhhhh. I hate myself. I’m so impatient. Ooh. I’ll just search up ‘Kumamon poster’ and see what shows up.

    After looking through some websites, Jungkook found many posters of the famous mascot of Japan when his phone started ringing. Jungkook sees that it was an unknown number. He picks it up anyway because curiosity.

    “Hello?”

    “Son!”

    Jungkook’s eyes widen. “Dad?”