PROLOGUE

The start of our STORY

Somewhere in the middle of London

“Jihoon, where are you?” the voice sounds worried.

She glances around, looking for any sign that could indicates where she currently is. “Not sure. But not far from you guys, I think.”

“Where?” the person on the line demands.

Jihoon bit her bottom lips, “Uhh… London?”

“WHAT?! London?! Jihoon, you’re supposed to come to Machester!”

She sigh. “I know. I’m sorry, I didn’t noticed that the bus is not going to Machester. It’s not that really far, right?” she leaned on the red brick wall. Puff of white air forming from her lips. It’s cold.

The other line went silent for a while. Only small talks here and there. Jeonghan’s voice filled her ears again. “Jisoo told me that the bus we boarded is the last on schedule. The next one is in the morning. What are you gonna do?”

Raising her covered wrist, Jihoon pulled the end of her sweater a bit, glancing at the wrist watch, present from Yoongi last year. “I’ll take a taxi, I guess.”

“But the taxi fare right here is so high, Lee Jihoon. Wait, I’ll pass to Jisoo.” There was a shuffling sound, and the next person talking is Jeongha’s fiancé.

“Jihoon, just spend a night in London, and you can hop on the earliest bus next morning. It’s definitely cheaper than taking a taxi to Machester.”

She frowns. “But I’m alone, and isn’t it kinda dangerous for a young lady like me to roam around the London city at night? Besides, the difference is definitely not too much.”

“Belive me, Jihoon. It’s higher than you expected. Unless you are willing to pay more than a hundred bucks just for the taxi, it’s fine I guess. The motel is cheaper, you can find a decent one for around thirty dollars.”

Jihoon was about to retort back, when the next line that Jisoo let out makes her groaned in frustration.

“Beside, I’m sure if any person dare to pick a fight, they’ll regret it. You’ll beat them up anyway.”

Jihoon sighs again, ruffling her pink locks. “Fine. You win. Somehow, I hate you sometimes.”

Jisoo laugh. “I’m fine with only Jeonghan loving me.”

She cringed. “Sappy boy. See you tomorrow.” She hung up, shoving the phone in her sweater’s pocket. Huffing, she turned around, venturing to look for a cheap accommodation for a night.

As bad as her day could be, a tall wall in human clothes decided to be on her way, causing her to bump the said wall rather harshly. And to make things worse, the ‘wall’ was holding something in his hand, which is also known a hot coffee, that has now already gone onto his shirt and a bit splatter onto Jihoon’s shoes. The guy hisses in pain as the hold liquid seep through his light blue shirt.

If it’s the usual Jihoon, she would snap right at the moment, but seeing that it’s actually her fault, and the guy actually has it worse than her, she transformed into a panicked timid girl. And since she’s panicked, she starts to blabber apologise in her mother language.

The guy stopped fanning himself, his eyes turns wider. “Hangul?” he muttered.

Jihoon immediately stops her blabbering and lift her head instead. She was shocked. The guy… is nowhere near hot or handsome as it usually happened in drama. You know, the bump into, eye contact, sparks, blab la bla…

Well, for Jihoon, it’s the opposite.

If she didn’t know, she’ll say that the guy is some kind of homeless guy, with his unshaved beard and  moustache. And the way he wore his shirt, is extremely weird. A weird looking light blue shirt, that now has a big brown coffee coloured drawn on.

His pants has some hole, and no, not the way ripped jeans is. And his hair is so ing long that he has to tie it in a low ponytail. Heck, even Jihoon’s hair shorter than that. Jihoon’s shoulder length pink locks at the least is neat.

Despite his appearance, his eyes say something else. His eyes, has this kind of passion, that Jihoon knows he’s not any kind of homeless people.

Breaking the eye contact away, the guy cleared his throat. “Sorry. Your shoes is all dirty.” He spoke in Hangul.

Jihoon, realising that the guy is also a Korean like her shook her head, and heved in relief. At least she’s not that alone in this unknown place. “It’s my fault, actually. That must hurts, the hot coffee.”

The guy smiled, and once again, Jihoon found herself lost in his beautiful pair of eyes. “That’s fine. I don’t really mind the coffee, since it makes me bump into a pink haired angel.”

Jihoon raised her eyebrow. “Are you trying to flirt?” she asked, face unamused.

The guy laugh out loud. “Sorry, it’s not every day that I meet someone from my own country. Usually, it’s just all these white people.”

“Same. It’s not every day that I got to meet a very homeless looking guy that actually came from Korea.” She spat out.

Laugh again. “Sorry, I was packing and realised that I don’t have any clothes left to wear other than this. You are quite straight forward aren’t you?”

Jihoon shrugs. “It’s my nature, nothing can be done.” She glance at the café past the guy. “Wait, you said that you’re packing? Why?” it’s not really her way to be nosy about someone else, or even have a proper conversation with a stranger she just me, but she can’t help but to ask.

They guy dump his empty cup into the bin. “I’m flying back to Korea in three days. Already finished my study.” He smile.

“Wow, I envy you. I want to go back too, and finish my study earlier.” She put her freezing hand in her pocket. “What’s you course?”

“Architecture. You?”

Sighs deeply. “Medic. Hey why did I tell you, a total stranger about this? I don’t even know your name.” she frowned.

He shrugs. “Well, then let’s stop being a stranger.” He put his hand in his pant’s pocket casually. “I’m Chul. What’s yours?”

That sounds oddly familiar. “Jihoon.”

 

 

 

 

----

Because I need a happy Jicheol ending.

will update real slow cause I have like, classes and assignments everyday except weekend which is the only days I'm free. see you later, folks!