Chapter 2

Out of Love

 

 

CHAPTER TWO

___________________________________________

 

 

"Whatever you're trying please stop it." With a cold voice Jeonghan beat him from uttering a single word as the latter took a seat infront of him, eyes focusing and looking longingly to the long haired man. The both of them remained silent before Jisoo picked up the menu on the table and began flipping the paper, smiling bitterly.

"Should we order something? I'm quiet hungry." The latter said with a light voice Jeonghan used to adore, diverting the topic. The same waiter with the tanned skin came as Jisoo called him for an order, but Jeonghan couldn't careless as he turned his head and stared out the window.

"Would you like anything to eat?" He looked up from the menu.

"I'm fine." Jeonghan said without bothering to spare him a look.

They were left in another awkward silence after the waiter's gone, seating in front of each other with the both of them trying real hard to contain their feelings. What an irony, how everythings changed. Jeonghan couldn't even look him straight in the eyes without falling apart. 

"How's Jihoon? His name is Jihoon right?" Jisoo said, the one who broke the silence.

"He's having a little cold, aside from that he's fine." He answered flatly.

"Hmm that's good. How have you been?"

"Quit the talk, I'm just here to send this back." He pulled out the box from the seat beside him and put it on the table.

"Jisoo, just stop." 

"Jeonghan please..."

"You couldn't just appear out of nowhere like nothing ever happened, Jisoo!" Jisoo was taken aback at how his name sounded so foreign coming from him.

"I'm sorry, I know I was a fool. There's a lot of things happened back then."

"You have no idea." Came the immediate remark.

"So that's why I came back to you Hannie, to start it all over again." He stretched his arm to hold Jeonghan's.

"Don't." He pulled his hand out before he could reached it, foughting the tears from falling.

"Don't you know how hard it was for me back then? You said you needed time to think. I waited for months, without a single word from you, Jisoo! Where were you when I needed you the most?" He half shouted with strained voice.

"I'm sorry, if theres anything I could do to make it all up, I'll do it. Please Hannie." He said desperately.

"It's too late, Jisoo." He grabbed his key and walked away from the table, leaving the place. His mind was loosing focus till he bumped into someone by the entrance. He stumbled backwards but the person was fast enough to steadied him.

"Jeonghan? Are you okay?" The person only realised as he studied him closer with his hand holding both of his upper arms.

"I'm sorry." He bowed and rushed towards the parking lot. Just as he was about to reached his car, Jisoo pulled his hand and turned him around capturing him in a kiss. Jeonghan stood there in shock, only to come back to his senses as he felt the latter nibbled on his bottom lip. He immediately pushed him away and punched him across the face. Tears finally fell down to his cheeks.

"Just. Go." He stood there trembling at how he felt like screaming right now.  

"Hannie..." He called as he tried to stood up, holding his aching jaw.

"He said go, sir. You might as well listen to it." Seungcheol who happened to watched everything, stood in front of the long haired male and tried to interfere.

"Seungcheol?" He whispered as he recognise the man by the suit he wore that day at the meeting.

"Who are you? Mind your own business." Jisoo immediately alarmed.

''I'm a friend, if you wouldn't mind please leave." Seungcheol said firmly. Jisoo walked away at last after taking a longing gaze towards the long haired man.

"Are you okay?" Seungcheol turned around to the sound of a door closing. He was left confused as the car immediately speed away towards the exit. He stared worriedly towards the car who was disappearing in the dark of the evening. Pushing the thoughts aside, he turned and walked towards the cafe again.

"You know him?" The tanned skin waiter asked as he arrived at the mini bar. Apparently the latter watched the whole scene too.

"Mingyu.." He noded to the young waiter.

"It's Yoon Jeonghan, the new CEO of Yoon Holdings. We just met today for a project."

"That's why I thought he's kinda familiar. His face are everywhere these days." Seungcheol just shrugged.

"Rough day, isn't it?"

"You tell me."

"You know, since he's new to the business world, issues had been around him lately. Some said he had a child hidden from public."

"A son, though." Seungcheol said without thinking, he trust his cousin anyway.

"I don't know you are into gossips, Hyung." The younger teased.

"No, I've met the baby. He bring him today at the meeting. I believe his name is Jihoon." He said as his mind wander to the occasion.

"A baby in a meeting?!" He said as if not to believe his ears.

"Theres always a first to everything."

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

Jeonghan came back to his house that night after calming himself down by driving around the city. He sent the nanny off before heading straight to his room, looking for Jihoon. The little baby were sleeping soundly on the big bed surrounded by pillows. His lips curled in an adorable pout and parted a bit as he sleeps. Jeonghan climbed slowly to the bed and kissed his forehead tenderly. He smiled down as he caress his full cheek, feeling at ease to the view.

"Please don't leave me too." 

Suddenly Jihoon's eyes popped open, they stared at each other for a good while. Slowly the baby's tiny arms reached out and cup his face like he wanted to assure and comfort him. It had the young dad tearing up again but this time with a wide smile on his face.

 

 

________________________________________________

 

 

"Hyung you should definitely come! Vernon Hyung just got back from L.A!" The younger said over lunch, they just got back from a project's site downtown.

"I don't know Dino I..." I know Jisoo would be there too. He thought but didn't said it aloud.

"Oh come on! I know what you're hesitating about, but its been weeks!" 

"I don't think I want to meet him ever again."

"Hyung you two were friends once, can't you see him as one again?" 

Jeonghan contemplates in his mind, he knows that the four of them were bestfriends since a long ago. He didn't want to ruin their friendship over his sinking relationship with Jisoo. But on the other side, he couldn't face the latter just yet.

"I'll try, but if it's too much for me I'll leave." He finally said.

"That's the spirit! We'll se you tommorow night, I'll text you the address." The younger jumped, overly excited.

"So soon?!" He began to panicked.

"Don't act like I've never informed you before, Vernon Hyung even called a week ago." Dino said in disbelieve.

 

Over the past few weeks Jeonghan been drowning himself in work, sleeping till late of night had becaming his habit. Work and his feeling didn't matched well, he often got distracted at work and it forced him to took his work home. That night he once again stationed on his desk in his home office, examining some contract and arrangements when he heard a loud cry from the baby monitor he set on top of his desk. He put the papers down and stood up from where he was seated, but his movement halted when his vision turned dark and he felt his head spinning. He immediately grabbed something to hold on to afraid that he'll collapse. After a few moment his vision returned but the spin in his head stayed but he ignore it as the loud cry was heard again. He walked immediately to his room and picked the wailing baby. 

"Sshhh, it's okay. Daddy's here." He rocked the baby trying to get him back to sleep. When the baby started to dozed off he slowly put him on the bed then slowly patted the bottom.

"Uji, should I really going?" Jeonghan said as he watched the baby sleeping soundly, he soon lost in his thought till he fell asleep.

 

The next morning he was awaken by baby Uji who fell face first to his father's face as he was playing with his hair and apparently lost his balance resulting the fall. He chuckled as Uji ended up giving him a big wet smooch across his face with hands tangled in his silver locks.

"Well good morning to you too." He tried to get up but his head spinned once again making him leaned on the headboard with Uji in his arms. 

"Dada!" Jihoon squealed tryig to get his father's attention.

"Hmm? Are you hungry?"

"Da!"

"Look whos excited. Alright let's get breakfast!" He carried him downstairs, once again ignoring his headache. 

The day started just like other days with him feeding the little Jihoon before getting himself ready for work. But he felt something different as he felt extremely tired and a little drowsy only by noon. Once again he brushed it away when Dino remind him to attend a meeting on the fifth floor. Its almost dark outside when they wrapped up the meeting. He could no longer ignore the ache on his head and body anymore as he slumped on his desk back on his office. 

"Hyung, come on! Are you going to rot in your office? It's almost time!" Dino had enough being patient and dragged his hyung towards the elevator.

"I'm not feeling well Dino, let me pass just this time." 

"I'm not taking no as an answer, you're going with me." Dino ended up driving both of them to the place.

Much to Jeonghan misery, there already present Jisoo who was casually talking to the host. But he's glad that it was a rather big party so he didn't have to always stuck with them all night or maybe that's what he thought.

"Jeongie you came!!" Vernon boomed as soon as he landed his eyes on the long haired man.

"Yah! You should thank me hyung! I have a hard time dragging him here." Dino got a smack at the back of his head for that then everyone laughed at the poor boy.

"So! Since everyone's here, I'm going to introduce you to my fiance Boo Seungkwan or the soon to be Choi Seungkwan." Vernon said proudly, earning a slap on his arm from his lover.

Jeonghan was being quiet the whole time and would only reply if nessecary since he felt a certain someone's eyes on him. He tried to ignore it but he feels suffocated under the longing gaze.

"I'll be right back." He said curtly when he couldn't bear it anymore. He needed to escape. He walked to a secluded area of the building trying to get some air, when a sharp head ache hit him. He leaned his shoulder to the wall beside him to support his body as his limbs getting weaker.

"Not now. Not... n-now." He whispered to himself but the darkness slowly engulfed him, slipping him from his consciousness then his body dropped to carpetted floor.

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Diamond Hall. Which way is it?" Seungcheol asked an employee as he seemed to take a wrong turn again.

"It's on the left corridor, sir."

"Sure, thanks."

 

His cousin were hosting a party that night since he just got back from the state. The latter said that he has to come since he wanted to introduce him to someone. But being Choi Seungcheol, he tend to forgot about time when he was at work, thar's why he was so late to the occasion not to mention confused his way to the hall. Seungcheol rushed his pace towards the direction but when he was about to turn at the corner he stumbled to something, or particularly someone.

"Oh my goodness!!" He jumped to the side as he was about to stepped on the man lying on the floor.

"H-hey.. Are you okay?" He appoached the man and nudge him slowly. Then he flipped the man to face him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jeonghan?!"

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________