Pain

Shy Guys for the Win

Wonwoo bursts out of bed, a wave of nausea urging him towards the bathroom. He cups one hand over his mouth and rests the other against his stomach as he stumbles away from his comfy resting place. As he opens his eyes to see where he's headed, the only things he sees are glaring lights and waving colors. Wonwoo takes a few unsteady steps forward, hands pressing into the wall to keep him from falling. ​What the hell is happening?

At last, he makes it to the restroom, falling to his knees as everything he ate yesterday spills out of his stomach. He didn’t feel that sick yesterday? It was just a slight headache… He lurches over the toilet again, too distracted to notice the light flicking on.

“Wonwoo-ah. What’s wrong?” Mrs. Jeon asks in concern. She pulls her robe tighter against her small frame.

Wonwoo squints up at her, eyes pulsating at the light. “Eo-Eomma. It hurts.”

“What does sweetie?” She rubs his back comfortingly.

“Head. Eyes.” He breathes heavily, eyes fluttering shut. “Can’t see.”

Her eyes widen at this. “I’m going to get your dad. I’ll be right back.”

Wonwoo slumps against the floor, curling tightly into a ball. He groans, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. It feels like a marching band has grouped up in his head without much practice, blaring discordant melodies.

“Ah.” He moans in pain, a hand moving to his temple.

“Wonwoo.” His dad says softly. “Wonwoo, can you hear me?”

Wonwoo nods, only shifting slightly.

“Can you sit up for me?” Mr. Jeon grunts, gripping onto his son’s shoulders.

“Appa, no.” Wonwoo hiccups, head bobbing backwards.

“Okay okay.” He carefully lays him back onto the tile floor. “I'm going to call an ambulance.”

Wonwoo rests a hand on his forearm. “No. Embarrassing.”

“Don't worry about anything. Just stay here.” He pushes his son’s hand away, tiptoeing out of the bathroom.

Wonwoo begins to cry softly, head hurting even more.
________________________________________

Wonwoo listens to the faint beeping of the heart monitor as he rises from his sleep. How did I get here? He blinks his eyes open, squinting against the bright white.

“Wonwoo-ah. You're awake.” Mrs. Jeon smiles and pets his hair.

“Mm.” He grunts.

“How do you feel?”

“Better.” A light smile shows on his face briefly to comfort his mother. “Have I been here long?”

“About five hours. I was beginning to think you weren't going to wake up.” His mother laughs softly so as to not increase the pain in his head.

“Is it something serious?” Wonwoo worries, noticing the IV in his arm.

“No, not at all.” She shakes her head. “It was just a severe migraine.”

He lets out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Thank goodness. Things just got started with Mingyu, it would kill him if it was going to end so soon.

“They said it was caused by a combination of dehydration, stress, and exhaustion.” Mrs. Jeon explains. “I need to take better care of my baby.” She cuddles him close to her.

“It wasn't your fault eomma. I'm big enough to be responsible for all this.” He soothes.

“A mother should always keep a watchful eye over her baby to make sure he doesn't get sick. I failed, but it won't happen again. Promise.” She presses a kiss to his forehead.

“It's okay eomma. I love you.” Wonwoo smiles, patting her back.
________________________________________

“Hi Mrs. Jeon. I brought some work for Wonwoo. Our teachers told me he was unwell, so I offered to bring it over.” Mingyu flashes an award winning smile.

“You're so sweet.” She pets his arm. “I'll take it up to him for you.”

“If you don't mind, may I take it to him?” Mingyu asks, holding onto the papers tightly. “I just want to see how he's doing.”

She falters for a moment, considering if it's okay to bring noise into Wonwoo’s room. After glancing up into his eyes for a few moments, Mrs. Jeon truly senses his concern. She sighs.

“Alright, but try not to make much noise. It'll make him feel worse again.”

“Don't worry. I'll take good care of him.” Mingyu says, bowing to show how sincere he is.

She nods at him and allows him to come inside.

“Has he eaten anything? Should I bring something up for him?” Mingyu asks at the foot of the steps.

“I don't think he’ll be able to stomach anything dear.”

“Oh, okay.” He must be pretty bad off.

Slowly, he opens the creaky door, darkness seeping out of Wonwoo’s room. He hears a groan to the left of him. It must be the light. Quickly, he slips into the room and shuts the door softly behind him.

“Eomma.” Wonwoo whines, curling into his pillows and plush covers.

“Actually it's Mingyu.” He whispers.

Wonwoo stiffens, eyes squeezing shut. How embarrassing.

“Do you need anything?”

A cuddle would be nice...or a kiss on the forehead… “No...I-I’m okay.”

Wonwoo begins to tremble upon realizing that Mingyu has sat down on his bed.

“I think I have something that can make you feel better.” Mingyu slides his hands onto Wonwoo’s shoulders, causing the other to jolt at the contact.

“Wh-what-t are y-you...ahh~” Wonwoo begins to ask before he moans in pleasure at Mingyu’s hands pressing into his muscles.

“It's called a massage.” He whispers in the older’s ear. “I hear it relaxes people.” 

“Mm!” Wonwoo squeaks, clenching the pillow in his arms. Mingyu is touching him. Oh my god. And it's terrible because all he can do is make these embarrassing sounds.

“Stop clenching. It won't help you feel better.”

If anybody heard this conversation out of context they would think that they were having or something. Wonwoo heats up at the thought, unable to contain a loud moan as Mingyu presses into a knot in his neck.

“I hope that's because it feels good.” Mingyu chuckles.

“Ye-ye-yeah!”  Wonwoo squeaks once more. “I th-think you should st-sto—ooooh.” He presses a hand over his mouth. He's making such a fool of himself.

“Is your headache gone?” Mingyu murmurs, hands rubbing up and down his back.

Wonwoo breathes heavily, noticing that the pain has significantly decreased. “Almost.”

“Good.” Mingyu pinches his side. “I think I should get going now. See you soon.”

“Oh… Okay.” Wonwoo answers, heart dropping a little.
________________________________________

(A/N: I apologize for producing this crap chapter. I hope it's bearable.)