Project

Shy Guys for the Win

“Tilt your head back more Mr. Jung. It'll help stop the bleeding.” The nurse says in a slightly frustrated tone.

“No! It feels weird.” He whines, pressing a wad of tissues to his nose.

“You better listen to me mister or I'll have to call your parents and tell them you're trying to ditch class.” She says pointedly.

“What! That's so not fair! You know I’d never skip class!” Wonwoo shouts in disbelief.

“Then tilt!” She forcefully pushes his head back.

“Fine.” He says in a nasally voice, lips pouting.

Nurse Seulgi sighs, placing a hand on her forehead. Her body leans against the countertop in her office. “Wonwoo-ah~ How did this happen? Is someone bullying you again?”

“No. It's nothing like that noona…” He trails off, unsure about confiding in her about Mingyu.

“Then what happened to you?” She drops her hand and finally makes eye contact with the other. “I'm worried about you.”

“I tripped, end of story.”

“You tripped?” Seulgi laughs in a cynical tone. “That's what everyone always says when they don't want to admit they're being abused or bullied.”

“I'm being serious.” Wonwoo sits up to stare her right in the eyes. “I swear.”

“Lay back down.” She orders, crossing her arms. “Where did you trip?”

“Uh-” Wonwoo’s eyes dart around the room, while he thinks of an acceptable lie to tell her. Would the cafeteria or the library make sense?

“Stop thinking and tell me the truth.” Seulgi pressure points a spot in his foot. Hopefully the pain will make him spit it out.

“Ah! Okay fine fine. I tripped inside the English building.” Wonwoo speaks hurriedly.

Seulgi lets go and pats his foot. “See that wasn't so hard.”

Wonwoo breathes heavily, still remembering the pain he was just feeling.

“Now why were you in the English building? You haven't been absent recently so you don't have any tests to make up, you don't fail tests...ever, and English is your first period so… I'm at a loss.”

“Stop playing detective. It's nerve wracking.” Wonwoo complains, partially to divert the conversation. He hates having attention on him.

Seulgi narrows her eyes at him when he does this.

Wonwoo sighs and groans. “I was sitting outside of a club room and somebody caught me spying. I fell over while I was trying to escape.”

“Ah.” Seulgi starts pulling the tissue from Wonwoo’s nose, preparing to bandage it up and put some ice on it. “Were you sitting outside of the LGBTQ+ club room?” She asks casually.

Wonwoo’s eyes widen. “N-no! Why would I—?”

Seulgi just laughs as she tapes up his nose. “I kind of had a feeling you were gay.” She scrunches up her nose happily. “Don't be embarrassed about it, it's nothing to be ashamed about. I find it quite cute actually.”

Wonwoo’s face begins to imitate a tomato. What is he supposed to say to that? Can everyone tell he's gay? Have the secrets been worthless?

“I know what you're thinking, and no, not everyone thinks you're gay. The only reason I could tell is because you're like my little brother, so I notice everything about you.” She hands Wonwoo a bag of ice before sitting on her rollie chair. “I've seen how you stare at that cute cheerleader.”

Wonwoo’s ears perk up. “What?”

She giggles, hand covering . “So I was right about that too.” Seulgi pats him roughly on the back. “Go get him tiger, rawr.”

Wonwoo’s jaw drops. He's seriously going to die. This noona is driving him nuts
________________________________________

“Even though this project is due in three weeks, I think we should get a head start on it.” Wonwoo pitches, clearing his throat uncomfortably when he notices Mingyu staring at his face with his mouth wide open. “You know, so it doesn't sneak up on us towards the deadline.”

“Mm.” Mingyu grunts, head tilting to get a better view of Wonwoo’s nose.

“Mingyu. Are you even listening to me?” Wonwoo says, slightly annoyed at the other for ignoring him.

“Yeah, definitely.” He bites his lips, eyes still locked on the black and blue staining his face.

“Hyung.” Wonwoo says harshly.

Mingyu’s eyes finally looking into his. “What?”

“You need to call me hyung. I'm older than you.” Wonwoo informs the other. He disconnects their gaze and begins organizing a work distribution chart.

“How do you know that you're older? I've never told you my age.” Mingyu rests his head in his hand, eyes burning a hole in Wonwoo’s profile.

The older boy pretends to focus on what he's writing, but he's honestly too concerned about how he's going to lie to Mingyu. God, why am I so creepy! “I asked the teacher so I could figure out who the leader of our group should be.”

“Ah. Makes sense for a nerd like you to be so organized.” He rolls his eyes.

Wonwoo sighs and rubs his temples. “Please don't call me that.”

“Oh right, hyung.” Mingyu says in an annoying tone.

Wonwoo slams his pencil down on the table, causing the younger to jump in his seat.

“Look, I don't feel very well today so if you could just give me a little bit of a break I would really appreciate it.” Wonwoo continues to avoid looking at his face, knowing his confidence will falter upon seeing his sparkly eyes.

Mingyu simply blinks at the other. This is the first time he's ever seen Wonwoo even remotely raise his voice at someone. He lowers his gaze, upset at himself for being rude to him.

“Yeah, sure hyung.” Mingyu rubs the back of his neck. “So when will we meet up to work on this?”

Wonwoo pauses in his movements. Meet up? Who said anything about having to meet up? He suddenly becomes extremely nervous. There's no way he could get any work done with just the two them being together. Plus, he runs the risk of being embarrassed in front of his crush and possibly him discovering his feelings.

“Why do we have to meet up?” Wonwoo gulps, hand clenching his pencil.

Mingyu chuckles. “How else are we supposed to work on a group project? Fairly at least.”

“Good point.” Wonwoo pales. “But, I thought we could just divide up the work and combine it at the end.”

“That’ll just make everything harder.” Mingyu pats the other’s back. “Text me your address, I'll come over tonight after cheerleading practice. You won't mind if I'm sweaty right?”

Wonwoo’s mind starts going to a dark place: Mingyu in a tank top, milky white skin glistening with sweat, highlighting every curve of his biceps. He’ll look so y.  Can you imagine how hot he would look up above me? Holding me down with those muscular arms of his as he made me his.

A shiver runs down his spine and he let's out a quiet, breathy moan at the thought. Feeling a surge of heat rush South, Wonwoo quickly flips his book into his lap, trying to make it look like an accident.

“Hey, are you okay?” Mingyu asks in concern.

Wonwoo, suddenly aware of Mingyu’s hand on his shoulder blade, scoots forward in his chair in attempt to get his hand off him. “Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I just got, uh, dizzy for a moment.”

The bell rings, signaling the end of class. Mingyu slings his backpack over his shoulder. “So I'll see you tonight?”

“Yeah.” Wonwoo squeaks, a light pink tinting his cheeks.
________________________________________

(A/N: In this story, Wonwoo will start out thinking he’s a bottom. Just wanted to let you know that it was written that way on purpose. Hehe)