Try Harder

Regret

Eventhough Leo has apologised to N and N has forgiven him, their relationship still hasn't healed. The only difference the apology made is in the way N looks at Leo; he no longer looks at Leo like Leo is his enemy and even that little thing makes Leo really glad. 

It's quite pathetic, really. How he actually miss N when before, he's the one who always push the leader away. Maybe he really deserve this. Yes, perhaps he really do. 

 

 

That day, all 6 members of VIXX are gathered in the company's conference room for a meeting. The sole reason for the meeting is Hyuk. The maknae claimed that he have an idea for the concept of their next comeback and wanted to share it with the rest of them. The CEO later agrees with his idea, which leads to them, discussing the details of the concept for 3 hours straight. 

"You're staring. Again. "

Leo is startled out of his dazed state when he heard Hongbin's voice which is very close to his ears. He snapped his head towards him just as the visual takes a seat beside him. "What? "He asks when Hongbin gives him a sly smile. 

"You're staring at Hakyeon-hyung again. "Hongbin explains, glancing slightly towards N who's sitting opposite them, discussing some details in the paperwork with Hyuk who's beside him. "Did you even listened to what we discussed about? "

Leo blinks. "Discuss? "He murmurs, looking around the room to see that only the 4 of them are left. No CEO, no managers, no Ravi and no Ken. Well, maybe he really did spaced out the whole time. But he didn't stare at N, did he? "When did we finished? "he asks bluntly . 

Hongbin huffs. "You're hopeless, hyung. "He says. "We're not finished yet. It's lunch break. "

"Ah... "Leo nods, letting out a sigh. 

"You still haven't solve your problem with Hakyeon-hyung yet? "Hongbin asks, taking Leo by surprise. 

"Why--you know about that? Did Wonshik tell you? "Leo wonders. Ravi is Hongbin's bestfriend so it kinda makes sense if the rapper told Hongbin about what he knows. 

Hongbin shakes his head. "I figured it out myself. We all did. "He admits. "It's weird, you know? Hakyeon-hyung usually always clings to you but now he doesn't anymore. It has been too long. Whatever problem you two have,have you tried solving it, hyung? "

Leo groans silently. "So all of you know, huh? "He mutters to himself, looking dejected. "I did try to solve it, Hongbin. I apologized to him and admitted my mistake. "

"And? "

"And he forgives me. But... He said to just let it be this way. I think he hates me. "

As Leo is wallowing in self pity, Hongbin burst into laughter, causing both N and Hyuk to look at them in surprise and Leo to shoot him a menacing glare. 

"What's so funny? "Hyuk asks as N raises an eyebrow at Hongbin. 

"N-nothing.  Absolutely nothing. "Hongbin says, swallowing in his laughs which makes him sound like he's choking instead. 

"You're being weird. "Hyuk points out, throwing him a bottle of water before pulling N's hand and dragging him out of the room. "Lets go, hyung. "

"What's wrong with you? Why are you laughing? "Leo growls as Hongbin chucks down some water. 

Hongbin grins. "The way you talk about Hakyeon-hyung. If I don't know better, I would've thought that you're talking about your girlfriend instead. "

Leo feels blood rushing to his face at Hongbin's words. "What are you talking about?! "He snaps, hitting the visual's arm. "He's not my girlfriend! "

Hongbin's laughter echoes once more even as he wince in pain because of Leo's hit. He couldn't help it, Leo looks so adorable with red face and ears. "I know! I know! "He claims, trying to stop Leo from hitting him. 

Leo retracts his hands and looks away, unconsciously pouting and regretting his action a bit when he sees some bruises starting to form on Hongbin's arm due to his hit. 

"I know he's not your girlfriend, hyung. He's way more important than a girlfriend, right? "Hongbin smiles teasingly, hugging his arm with his other hand. 

"What's your point? You just want to laugh at me, do you? "Leo asks, this time refusing to look at the visual. 

Hongbin shakes his head. "Of  course not, hyung. You're just so cute. "He says,and when Leo stand up to leave, he quickly pulls him to sit back down. "Sorry, hyung. "

"Let go. "

"No, hyung. Listen to me first. "Hongbin coax. 

"No. "

"Dont you want Hakyeon-hyung to be like how he was before? "

Leo sighs. 

Hongbin smiles and pulls his chair closer to Leo's. "You must know this, hyung. "He starts. "Hakyeon-hyung may look easy and soft but he really is not. I've known him the longest so you've to trust me on that. "He says. "And for him to put such distance with you, you must've done something really bad, hyung. "

"I know that. "Leo mumbles. 

"I may not know what you did but what I do know, you must've hit a nerve. You must've hurt him a lot. "

"You don't have to rub salt in my wound. "Leo says bitterly. 

Hongbin shakes his head. "I'm not. I'm just trying to make you understand. "He denies. "Hakyeon-hyung doesn't get hurt easily. He's thick-skinned. So for him to act like that with you... "

"Shut it. "

"Hyung , try harder. "

"Try harder? With what? "

"Apologising. He may have forgive you but it's clear that he still hold grudge. So try harder. Like I said, Hakyeon-hyung isn't an easy person. "

"How? "

Hongbin grins a wicked grin, which makes Leo feels uneasy. "If your girlfriend is sulking with you, what will you do? "

Leo frowns. "What does that have to do with--"

"Answer me, hyung. "

"Apologize, of course. "

"And if you have apologized yet she's still sulking? "

"I'll... coax her? Buy her flowers? Or chocolate? Anything she likes? Hongbin, seriously, what does this have to do with Hakyeon? "

Hongbin chuckles. "Then why don't you start doing all that, hyung? Buy flowers and chocolates? "

"For Hakyeon? "

Hongbin nods. 

"He's not my girlfriend! What's wrong with you?! "

"I know, hyung. I know. "Hongbin says, patting Leo's shoulder as he stands up. "But deep down, you still have to admit that for you, Hakyeon-hyung is way more important than a girlfriend. Am I right? "

Leo went silent. 

"So, hyung. Try harder. "