Chapter 7

Run
Please log in to read the full chapter

OC

 

Not long after I regain consciousness I am up and about helping the others prepare camp and find some plants nearby to eat. Chanyeol’s wounds look far better than they did a few hours ago, I ponder. Scanning the area my eyes meet Yixing’s as I give him a calculating look. His expression is as innocent as ever. Soon the sun has set and Yoongi volunteers to have first night's watch.

 

I lay on the forest floor for what seems like hours trying to fall asleep. Staring at the stars through the cover of the trees my headache subsides and I can’t help but remember the events of the last few days and my escape from almost a year ago. It’s almost as if my mind is trying to tell me something is wrong. I’m over heating what with Yixing, Jungkook and their octopus limbs.

 

I look over the mass of bodies to the tree Yoongi is sitting against keeping watch and very alert seeming startled at the smallest rustle of leaves.

 

If I’m not going to sleep I may as well go keep watch, too.

 

Escaping the entangled limbs I go to sit by him. “Hey,” I greet him.

 

“Hey,” he responds with a nervous look in his eyes. “You’re not sleeping?”

 

“Can’t sleep. Thinking too much.”

 

“What about?” he inquires.

Please log in to read the full chapter