Chapter Three.

Whispered Howls, Haunted Souls

A/N: In this fanfic, Kyuhyun is older than Ryeowook.

 

--

 

 

There’s a brush of wind against the clothes of Ryeowook’s before he finally realized that all this while he had been crouching down in Kyuhyun’s arms. The cooing of soft words into his ears had soothed him, slowly forgetting the current situation. He opened his eyes and saw how wrecked his house was. His eyes widened when he saw the scribbled note in crimson red. This is his house, how dare the person said such a thing! He plucked all his courage up, more ever since he wanted to prove others how brave he was, and stood up.

 

“This is my house; my father bought it for me. I am allowed to stay here,” he said, a gulp following after.

 

He didn’t care if the person was there or not, he was just determined to say it out loud.

 

He tapped on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and signaled him to follow. The wood of the staircase creaked more than normal. Ryeowook was shaking terribly, he knew he couldn’t help but shake because of his nervousness when he felt an arm on his waist.

 

“I’m fine,” he said, smiling at Kyuhyun who seemed too worried for him. The arm on his waist still wouldn’t go away.

 

He opened the door to his bedroom to find everything to be in place, unlike in the living room. He let out a sigh of relief.

 

“I shall go now,” Kyuhyun said and bowed, removing his arm from Ryeowook’s waist. Just as he was about to turn away, a hand grabbed his arm.

 

“Can you… accompany me for today? Just for today only, please?” Kyuhyun could sense the desperateness in his tone, and to be honest, he also didn’t want to sleep alone tonight. He nodded and a smile appeared on Ryeowook’s face.

 

 

**

 

 

It was only day two but so many things have happened here. Kyuhyun couldn’t comprehend how he could handle all those things. Back then, he would have fled for his life and leave everything or anyone behind. Ryeowook had peacefully slept beside him, and he’s sleeping on Ryeowook’s bed because he didn’t want him to sleep at the floor. His sleeve was grasped tightly in Ryeowook’s hands. He left it alone since he knew his situation. He looked around and noticed how simple everything looked in the room. It was different from the bosses he worked for at the circus.

 

He shivered painfully at the thought of it. He wouldn’t want to return back there.

 

The window was not closed properly, resulting in the coldness in the room. He pulled up the blankets on Ryeowook and decided not to walk to close the window, since he might wake him up. Kyuhyun turned his head to Ryeowook and looked at his features. He’s a kid, yes, and a brave one that is, but behind all those maturity was a fragile boy who was blinded by something else. Kyuhyun couldn’t catch what that is though he knew there’s something behind all of it.

 

An image appeared in his head and he clicked his fingers mentally in his mind. The note on the wall, he will need to erase that all off. He knew Ryeowook had already seen all of it, but he wouldn’t want him to be reminded of it next morning.

 

Kyu… Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook softly only to realize he was still asleep. He turned his head to his right, searching for any possible person or something out there. Nothing caught his attention after a few minutes. His eyes soon closed and he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

**

 

 

Kyuhyun jolted up from the bed when he realized what time it was. It’s a few hours past dawn. He should have woken up a few minutes after dawn breaks. He turned his head to left and found Ryeowook still peacefully and beautifully asleep. He gulped and pushed his other thoughts away. He put on his coat and went down to clean the whole place up. It wasn’t such a tiring job to do since he had been trained since young.

 

He sighed when he saw the note on the wall. He really didn’t want to do this alone, especially since the colour resembled blood. Running up the flight of stairs, he made sure Ryeowook was still asleep before he rushed out of the house to his friend’s house.

 

“I will need your help, Donghae,” Kyuhyun said between pants. Donghae raised his eyebrows at him. Before he could respond or anything, Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist and pulled him along.

 

“Hey, I haven’t even agreed yet! And w-wait, why are you dragging me to this house?”

 

The gates creaked open as Kyuhyun pushed through them with Donghae trying his best to let go of the grasp on his wrist. Kyuhyun could hear the moan of disagreement that Donghae let out, obviously scared of the ghosts lurking around there. He brushed it all off and went inside the house. He still kept on his grasp on him though after entering, afraid Donghae might ran off.

 

“Just help me with scrubbing this note off,” Kyuhyun begged, tugging on Donghae’s wrist.

 

“Fine,” Donghae huffed out and folded his arms. “Where’s the sponge and all?”

 

Kyuhyun ran to the kitchen and grabbed the things he had got ready for before handing it to him. Donghae pulled an irritated face to Kyuhyun as he grabbed the sponge off his hands. It wasn’t easy scrubbing it off, since it was left dried since yesterday. “I still have work to do outside, you know,” Donghae whined to Kyuhyun. “I know, now will you just continue scrubbing? I will pay you later.”

 

It was finally done after a full 30 minutes spent on it. Their exhausted sighs could be heard as soon as their sponges fell into the pail of water.

 

“Are you living here? I haven’t seen you lately at the circus,” Donghae started, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

 

“I’m working as a butler for this one kid. I don’t know why I accepted, but I guess it’s because it’s better than the circus job.” Kyuhyun walked to the kitchen and settled the pail down before walking back to Donghae.

 

Donghae sighed again at the mention of circus. He and Kyuhyun had been friends for a long time, going through the hard and easy times together. They both worked at the circus for a living since they have been left alone, and it was the worst job ever. He’s glad Kyuhyun had moved on to another job.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head at the sound of a door opening. He immediately grabbed Donghae and pushed him out of the house. “I’m sorry for this, but I’ll tell you later why I’m pushing you out of the house. I’ll pay you later too.”

 

The door closed just as Ryeowook stepped down the staircase.

 

“Who’s that?” he asked.

 

“No one,” Kyuhyun said with a nervous smile.

 

Ryeowook shrugged his shoulders and went off to the kitchen. Kyuhyun could still feel his heart beat racing with fear as he straightened his clothes to appear more presentable as a butler. He walked to fluff the cushions up; the impression of Donghae’s sitting there obvious. His bones cracked when he stood up and he froze.

 

“Hyungshik…?”

 

His eyes widened and he blinked furiously. Were his eyes playing a trick to him or was he really there? Wasn’t he killed and died? He blinked his eyes again and the figure that he doubted was there in the first place disappeared. 

 

 

--

 

I'm back!!!

I hope this chapter is not too short or boring... Thank you for waiting, guys ♥ I hope I did not disappoint you with this chapter and also thank you for subscribing, new subscribers! I will update chapter 4 next satuday/sunday :D There's gonna be romance in the next chapter hehe~ Do comment as I would love to hear your opinions about it ^^

Until then, goodbye! :)